UKBouldering.com

Anti Hydral, who wants some then?? (Read 38129 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 19, 2007, 11:36:46 am
Right,

whats the true demand for this stuff?? i know those that have it (incl me) swear by it.

I know you cannot get it in england, and similar product searches have failed me

i know from a retail point of view that 1 tube will last over a year, even been used frequently - obviously not good for the retailer.

Sooooooo annnnyywaaay........ what I was thinking is getting together with a mad German inventor / product distributer (really, he's a mate) and getting a wad load in. He will sort out the import - but i'd have to do sales :(

Now, i dont fancy a garage full of stump cream that i cant shift...

Incl admin / import etc.. i was thinking  about £10 a tube. Start small, personal post to start with then if demand is there (doubt it myself) sell on to retailers

So, who would want some then ;D

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#1 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 19, 2007, 11:52:07 am
I will go for a tube at £10, a bargain.

webbo

• forum hero
#2 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 19, 2007, 08:46:52 pm
fats did you see my post below i.e. english stump cream, is this a similar product.i didn't get chance to check it out as i was doing a psychy assessment on a guy who'd been prescribed it for excessive sweating.it didn't seem appropriate to ask to try some.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#3 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 19, 2007, 09:18:16 pm
webbo mate give me all the details you have please...

c'mon guys, if you want easy access to this stuff i need an idea on the user base before i spend wads on stuff i cant shift!!

webbo

• forum hero
#4 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 19, 2007, 09:28:23 pm
its anhydrol forte trade name dermal.its in the bnf.comes as a roll on.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#5 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 20, 2007, 08:34:18 am
i'll look into this... and get some.

expect a test result in the near future... though i'm concerned you wont get the same effect due to the delivery method

thanks for the info

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 20, 2007, 08:39:45 am
I'm good, still got half a tube from last order.

sasscotty

• addict
#7 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 20, 2007, 10:13:06 am
Ive got a mate who would definitely have some of this cream stuff off you. He is a pharmacist and has really bad office hands. So just looking at grit makes his hands sore. I'd be quite interested in trying some as well.

ouch

• regular
#8 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 20, 2007, 11:11:35 am
you can put me down for a couple of tubes.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#9 Re: Anti Hydral, who wants some then??
June 20, 2007, 11:42:10 am
Wouldn't it be easier if everyone who went went to Switzerland bouldering just bought a few tubes over the counter, as you can, brought them home and flogged them on the forum?

I have a couple of tubes for sale which at fatdoc price of £10 a tube is a winner for me !  :oops:

pm me if you want a tube, not exactly sure how many i have got.

Sorry Jon

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I just bought mine from a German website who nicely sent it to my house without me having to do anything bar click a few buttons :)

GaryB

• regular
    • FB Profile
^^ Which site?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Fatdoc will kill me if I tell you :)

I'll be destroying his new business empire before it's started  :lol:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
i'm not fussed about the now near defunct business venture... just i'm paranoid that i'll run out of the stuff!! i have an anithyral dependancy !!

didn't we get some huge order through about 2 years ago on here??

bubba mate - as you have www. site could i ask you to consider bringing 30 tubes over and we'll have them off yuo a £10 per time??

:please:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

http://mycare.de/home_52729_ANTIHYDRAL__Suche_antihydralx_0_.html

When it asks for your address details, careful how you put them in as their formatting is different to ours.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
i'll get my mad german mate on the case, thsnks bub

saltbeef

• forum hero
i'll have some if you get some fatdoc.
since starting to have to scrub up most days my skin is absolute ratshit

GaryB

• regular
    • FB Profile
G

http://mycare.de/home_52729_ANTIHYDRAL__Suche_antihydralx_0_.html

When it asks for your address details, careful how you put them in as their formatting is different to ours.

Good work :D

bouldermonkey

• regular
I'd take a tube.  :thumbsup:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I'd take a tube.  :thumbsup:

Keep your sexual preferences to yourself please.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
What's the verdict on this stuff from the long-term users?  I am mainly interested in the skin-thickening / hardiness enhancing effects as due to a bout of sudden unemployment I plan to do a lot of climbing in the near future so anything that might reduce the deterioration would be a godsend. 

A potential problem for me though is that I don't tend to suffer from sweaty hands (I suspect the glands involved have been destroyed by my lab-work) so if anything my skin is possibly a bit too dry - lots of hard cornified skin near the joints that needs sanding away occassionally.  Would Anti-hydral use give me skin like a rhino auditioning for the Singing Detective.  Or would any problems be managable - from what I can remember you only put it on very occassionally and can presumably moisturise in the meantime?

GaryB

• regular
    • FB Profile
Is this stuff like liquid chalk?

dave

£10 per tube is a pisstake. When Mark ordered a batch from germany on behalf of everyone on here a few years back I think i ended up with 3 tubes for £11. bearing in mind one tube of this lasted john welford 10 years or something you don't need much. Its not for regular use - all that will acheive is bullet hard tips with no feeling that will split open as soon as you touch a sharp crystal. There is a (perhaps exagerated tale) of sam whittaker using this regularly, getting a papercut and it taking a fortnight to heal up. You should be using antihydral to try and get some more mileage out of your skin on a font trip, or drying up a split so you can sand it away, that type of thing.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
listen to Dave, wise words.
Definatley not for regular use

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
£10 per tube is a pisstake. When Mark ordered a batch from germany on behalf of everyone on here a few years back I think i ended up with 3 tubes for £11. bearing in mind one tube of this lasted john welford 10 years or something you don't need much. Its not for regular use - all that will acheive is bullet hard tips with no feeling that will split open as soon as you touch a sharp crystal. There is a (perhaps exagerated tale) of sam whittaker using this regularly, getting a papercut and it taking a fortnight to heal up. You should be using antihydral to try and get some more mileage out of your skin on a font trip, or drying up a split so you can sand it away, that type of thing.

you dont want it for £10... dont but it then mate. Only trying to help here you know, as you say 1 tube lasts a long long time.

as for regular use: skin types vary a lot, as do washing habits. Not that i'm calling you unwashed but there are a fair few jobs out there where 30 times plus a day hand washing is the norm.
In such circumstances regular (for me once a week) is the least i need to get some sort of sustainable skin base. I agree totally that if you overdo it then you get wierd thick skin on your tips that can be prone to hideous splits - it's not some miracle skin cure but with a bit of common sense it can really give you more days out on the rock / down the wall. Not such a price to pay me thinks.

if you want to undercut me and sell it all off be my guest, i'll have 3 tubes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal