UKBouldering.com

non climbing claims to fame (Read 67078 times)

webbo

• forum hero
non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 09:03:34 am
heres mine.

2nd place in bonny baby competion at rounday park in leeds 1956.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 09:39:20 am
As previous, took 3/4 of Boney M water skiing is my best. Appeared briefly on local Denver TV station getting a ski lesson at the resort I worked at. Embarrasing, as getting a lesson was not cool and I never usually ski. But it was free and I was bored. Waste of time though, as I still can't ski fucking moguls  :shrug:. Can rip them on a snowboard though  :thumbsup:

rowena

• player
#2 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 11:56:47 am
heres mine.

Do you have a photo ?!

Met Dom Joly at a seal colony in New Zealand last year.  He didn't chat much though - was quite surreal!

BenF

• forum hero
#3 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 12:18:49 pm
I was on Vets in Practice (but I was actually climbing).

My cousin is married to Katie Hill (the TV presenter).

My Mum once had a blind date with Tony Scott (film director and brother of Ridley).

And I once won a Lego building competition (I was about five at the time).

webbo

• forum hero
#4 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 12:28:43 pm
heres mine.

Do you have a photo ?!
/quote]

no but my mum has the silver spoon i won.she has some photos of me competing later the same year at butlins.however i failed to make it through the preliminary rounds.

foxgt

• regular
#5 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 02:45:16 pm
i was in last series of doctor who the one with the wolf called tooth and claw
my kickboxing club was asked to some background fighting i was a farm hand that got beaten up
it was cut to hell but i was seen alot on the behind the scenes stuff  :thumbsup:

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#6 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 03:57:15 pm
As previous, took 3/4 of Boney M water skiing is my best.

I once mixed sound for Bony M at a gig in Macc'. Curiously enough they mentioned that they'd had a near death experience water skiing, during which they'd been unable to get the sound of Joe Simpson whining on about crawling down a mountain out of their heads.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#7 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 23, 2006, 05:23:10 pm
:thumbsup: nice one! :thumbsup:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#8 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 24, 2006, 07:54:01 pm
Quote from: Serpico
I once mixed sound for Bony M at a gig in Macc'. Curiously enough they mentioned that they'd had a near death experience water skiing, during which they'd been unable to get the sound of Joe Simpson whining on about crawling down a mountain out of their heads.
Genius ;D

I once had lunch with half of Deacon Blue and I am vaguely related to Sid James of Carry On fame.
I also once won a "He's The Greatest Dancer" competition, live on stage with Sister Sledge.

mark

• forum abuser
#9 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 24, 2006, 08:41:55 pm
I am vaguely related to Sid James of Carry On fame.

Are you a carrier of the gene responsible for the Sid James laugh?

mark

• forum abuser
#10 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 24, 2006, 08:45:20 pm
Driving up to Yorkshire one morning we stopped for petrol. At the next pump along, Paul Daniels was filling up his Rolls Royce. None of us said anything to him but the rest of the journey was spent trying to come up with the best thing we *should* have said to him. The one I remember was the suggestion of dropping your trousers, bending over and shouting "Oi, Daniels, pull a rabbit out of this!"

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#11 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 25, 2006, 08:46:21 am
Quote from: Mark
Are you a carrier of the gene responsible for the Sid James laugh?

Unfortunately this gene never graced my generation. It may yet surface in the next  :-\

mark s

• junky
#12 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 25, 2006, 04:02:27 pm
when i was a youngster(not long ago) i was ferreting at leek golf club,my furry little twat of a friend decided to stay down the hole so thats where i left it.
the next week front page of the leek post was a story about a ferret that attacked a golfer.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#13 Re: non climbing claims to fame
November 26, 2006, 10:49:28 am
I appeared on UK's Worst Journey's circa 2004 starring alongside such heavy players as Nick Knowles and that Rianna woman.
Was dressed as a Russian Cossack to illustrate a terrible point. Basically a really old woman wanted to travel 15 miles from her home to Portsmouth (or somewhere) and the coach ended up taking her on a 120 mile round trip until it made its destination. They kept making references to how you could fly to Moscow in the time it took for her to get from A-B. Pathetic tag line really.

Knowles was the filthiest bastard I have ever met. Whenever we weren't filming, he was telling me the sickest jokes, chain smoking his balls off and just generally not being what I thought he would be like. Sound chap but a bit weird.

Lastly, I served James Skelly from The Coral in Music Zone, Birkenhead yesterday who bought an Ultimate fighting boxset and a range of old CD's.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#14 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 01:09:20 pm
Thought I'd exhume this thread as I just discovered that my moments of TV stardom are online!

GamesMaster, winter 1992. Towards the top-left of the screen is a pale, sullen kid with huge glasses, a black-and-grey LA Raiders cap and some sort of yellow turtle neck. 8)

https://youtu.be/MwPRsIvwFUY?list=PLjnS472dZmYFlTGofe2Hzbsc9mAf5zEK9&t=846

I'm on at 14:06-14:09, 14:16 - 14:24 & 14:31. Fourteen seconds of fame! :lol:

It was fucking freezing in that dungeon and Dexter Fletcher was humourlessly arrogant, livening up the aeons between takes randomly insulting the assembled audience-kids and chain smoking. We'd all been given audience places as we were failed applicants for being in the teams ourselves so begrudged the kids competing, especially as they weren't particularly good at computer games and hadn't even come up with decent team names. Macho Man Randy Savage is on later in the episode but I have no memory of that whatsoever!  :shrug:

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#15 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 01:19:17 pm
Good thread revival  :)

Spent last week boarding in Italy as part of a charity auction I won which involved the week being hosted by Eddie the Eagle Edwards. I got to spend an afternoon just the two of us doing some steady off piste and a few fast steep runs (he's pretty bloody quick). Had a hosted evening at a mountain restaurant with the fella too;

Nice bloke!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#16 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 01:25:00 pm
Ha! Didn't know this thread.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#17 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 01:31:17 pm
Thought I'd exhume this thread as I just discovered that my moments of TV stardom are online!

GamesMaster, winter 1992. Towards the top-left of the screen is a pale, sullen kid with huge glasses, a black-and-grey LA Raiders cap and some sort of yellow turtle neck. 8)
You need to rock that look out climbing, definitely. Minus the glasses maybe.

andy popp

• forum hero
#18 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 02:19:57 pm
Tomtom, Grimer and I have all appeared (separately) on The One Show. At least one of us was funny.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#19 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 02:21:53 pm
Tomtom, Grimer and I have all appeared (separately) on The One Show. At least one of us was funny.
what was the piece about? My old man was on that once too. He wasn't in the slightest bit funny

SA Chris

• forum hero
#20 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 02:24:47 pm

Nice bloke!

Possibly dumb Q, who is he?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#22 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 02:31:19 pm

Nice bloke!

Possibly dumb Q, who is he?

biggertuboflard :clown:
Only England's premier (and perhaps first and last) ski jumper. Came to fame at the Calgary Olympics for coming last; thereby laying the foundations for proud failures like Eric the Eel.

Slackers, he's pretty small now, he used to be a bit of a heavyweight (I was asking him about it, he competed at around 90kgs I think if I remember right) but he's down to 73kgs or thereabouts and aims to get to 68kgs in the next few months, so lighter than me!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#23 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 02:41:42 pm
Ah, I remember, used to have thick glasses?

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#24 Re: non climbing claims to fame
January 18, 2016, 02:44:24 pm
Ah, I remember, used to have thick glasses?
Yep, that's the fella. He's got a film about him due out soon too, sounds a bit like Cool Runnings...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal