UKBouldering.com

Dreams... (Read 78154 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#150 Re: Dreams...
June 10, 2008, 08:56:20 am
He tried it a few times and kept falling off the bit where i got my foot onto the lower sloper - for some reason the local guy kept insisting on moving the mats, which meant that jasper kept missing them when he jumped/fell off

Insert crap "in your dreams" type joke here.  ;)

At least your only (current) fantasies about me are of burning me off. I feel reassured.

Actually, in the dream I was feeling bad about you falling off - like I had sandbagged you by saying how easy it was. In real life I would have danced around pointing at you and laughing and calling you names.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#151 Re: Dreams...
June 10, 2008, 09:49:33 am
And rightly so!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#152 Re: Dreams...
June 10, 2008, 02:23:17 pm
Bizarrely the last thing I remember dreaming today was Fatdoc's new baby having just been born   :-\

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#153 Re: Dreams...
June 14, 2008, 08:51:57 am
Last night I was recruited by a firm of estate agents who were "taking advantage" of credit crunches in parallel universes. At first I refused to buy houses off people who were forced into selling for below market prices, but then it was revealed to me that a horde of demons was being employed by the banks to take late mortgage payments in the form of child sacrifices (I watched Spiderwick Chronicles last night so plenty of visual data available) - and the company I was to work for were actually in the business of saving lives/souls in a sort of 100% equity release scheme and so the victims/clients would not be damned, childless or homeless.
I was shown the complicated filing system for trans-dimentional property transfer - big, shallow architects drawers with a variety of coloured stickers on the draws to indicate which dimensions were involved. A change of house ownership seemed to necessitate a subtle change of universe, which helped the occupants to avoid the satanic debt collectors, but created an administrative and legal nightmare for recording those transfers (different files for physical, financial, legal, metaphysical and building regs details).
I suggested including in the rental agreement a clause which guaranteed that the firm I was now working for would never use the demon debt collectors. This immediately caused me to become a senior partner in the firm and I found myself involved in time travel to buy plots of land from 17th century victims of witch trials.
The dream then settled into a Mexican stand off between me and a very fast moving red Minotaur - he could only move if I moved, but would then easily catch me.
Better than going to the cinema

andy popp

• forum hero
#154 Re: Dreams...
June 25, 2008, 10:28:18 am
I am very worried. Last night I dreamt that me and Houdini had a fight with Unclesomebody. What can it all mean? I've never even met either of them.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#155 Re: Dreams...
June 25, 2008, 10:45:59 am
I don't care what it means. Who won?

andy popp

• forum hero
#156 Re: Dreams...
June 25, 2008, 12:03:03 pm
Me and Houds - though no real thanks to me. Even in my dreams I'm a complete wimp.

Duma

• forum hero
#157 Re: Dreams...
June 25, 2008, 01:11:55 pm
I find that hard to believe. You and Houdini triumphed over this man?

I think not.

andy popp

• forum hero
#158 Re: Dreams...
June 25, 2008, 05:49:49 pm
What else are dreams for if not fantasy?

Cookie

• regular
#159 Re: Dreams...
June 25, 2008, 10:24:13 pm
That picture should be in the hot men thread!

Eddies

• forum hero
#160 Re: Dreams...
June 25, 2008, 10:42:24 pm
Last night i dreamt that i was eating a huge mashmallow... when i woke up my pillow was gone  :lol:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#161 Re: Dreams...
June 26, 2008, 10:45:11 am
I find that hard to believe. You and Houdini triumphed over this man?

I think not.

What do you mean by this you squalid pigfucker?!  :furious:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#162 Re: Dreams...
June 26, 2008, 10:49:08 am
I don't dream anymore . . .

All my imaginitive powers were crushed the moment I touched down on this Sceptic Isle . . .

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#163 Re: Dreams...
June 28, 2008, 09:24:38 am
I lie.

I recall a dream fragment from couple of days back:  I'm preparing a bird to roast in the oven.  The bird could be most closely described as a two-headed baby Nintendo stork:  cute as heck w/ a Kowloon peasant-style cymbal-shaped hat on each head and heartbreakingly sad eyes.  I arranged the shelves in the oven to accomodate the odd creature, then shoved it in - alive.  It kind of screamed from both beaks as they opened and fused wide, the bird turning opaque for a moment before its colour settled to an unglazed ceramic-esque shade.

I recall thinking:  Hmmm . . .   Think the oven's a tad hot.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#164 Re: Dreams...
October 28, 2008, 07:13:32 am
I had a dream last night that I was descending some long spiralling ladder construction somewhere, and it was sopping wet and I was sketching my way down mostly footless because I didn't trust my feet. At the same time I was chatting to Jasper and got introduced to Lagers who were also downclimbing nearby. Lagers was NOT carrying a large fish. I was completely naked.

Later on I ended up soloing in the Rhinnogs in glorious sunshine and got sunburnt legs (I think I had shorts on by this point) and then got that interrupted by talking to people in a cafe that was hosting a rave that had turned into a business meeting. I was just about to do a wicked E3 slab too.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#165 Re: Dreams...
October 28, 2008, 10:04:07 am
Last night I was on my way to chair some Middle East peace talks in Jordan. I parked up at the side of a canal and realised that I had a bit of time before the meeting. I started fishing near some reeds and caught a pike of about 10lb (good exciting fight too). One of the locals came along and sugested we sit in his boat to fish. I let him have a go with the spinning rod and he hooked another good pike. While he was playing the fish (and panicikng about it biting him on the leg - as he was now standing in the water) someone from the peace talks came running along shouting that the talks were due to start in 2 minutes. I told them not to worry and helped the chap land his pike. He was delighted and was really over the top about thanking me. I walked off to the peace talks with fish slime and canal water on my hands and jeans wondering why it wasn't drying off in the sun.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#166 Re: Dreams...
October 28, 2008, 05:00:35 pm
I had a very vivid dream about climbing Pebble Wall last night, it was really easy.  Then I got into a fight with Adam Lincoln over something to do with Brad Pit.  :lol:  Do you think I'm spending too much time on here?  :-\

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#167 Re: Dreams...
November 19, 2008, 11:53:41 pm
Half a week back I dreampt of myself far in the future . . .

I was scanning DVD's in a shop, specifically follow-ups to Withnail & I:  I counted ten.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#168 Re: Dreams...
November 20, 2008, 08:26:17 am
I had a vivid dream last night that I was at the climbing wall in Aberdeen (except it was a huge cavernous warehouse and there were crates of tools and holds lying around) and someone said to me his Belgian mate who was climbing earlier had disappeared because there were big waves on the beach. I decided to go and check them out too, and walked to the harbour, but it was cordoned off because the waves were so big that there was a big wave surfing event going on, with benches for spectators and a big screen where you could see 20 ft barelling waves in the harbour mouth. There were international surfer competing, but some were getting out the water as they didn't have gloves on and were losing the ends of their fingers due to frostbite form the cold water.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#169 Re: Dreams...
December 03, 2008, 10:46:34 am
i've had a few distressing dreams recently where i have woken up in floods of tears. 2 of these have been "reunion" type affairs with old friends or relatives living abroad. the sense of loss and grief even when awake has been startling in its intensity. The funniest (in retrospect) was where an old friend now living in NZ welcomed me as new landlord into our old local in Wales! Incidentally this same friend is a bit of a dream fanatic and used to keep a notepad by the bed a la William S Burrows (I wish i did too sometimes as i usually forget all about my dreams within about an hour or two).

I frequently wake up not sure whether i had just been dreaming or "remembering" something that really happened, and also frequently start a conversation with the missus with "do you remember when..." and then realise i'm reminiscing about a dream.

good job none of you lot on here know me isn't it?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#170 Re: Dreams...
December 11, 2008, 11:07:49 am
Is stir fry know for causing wierd dreams? Last night was an odd one. Here's the ones I remember.

Someone I used to know from our uni climbing club was kidnapped and someone else in the club had to give the kidnappers the keys to his 4WD before they would let her go. He did, but the rest of the club prevented them from escaping in the 4WD and proceeded to beat the fuck out of them.

I went to a BMX park with my old boss and a mate and hired BMXs. We had to go into a room first and just go round in cicles to show we could cycle properly before they would let us in the park

The same old boss and I then went to a meeting like we used to, but he had a new portable printer type thing that printed out name badges for everyone present. I was trying to do a presentation, but all he was interested in was trying to make this new printer work. I also had no shoes as I had come striaght from the BMX park, so was walking around in my socks, hoping no-one would notice.

Most bizzare.

tomtom

• forum hero
#171 Re: Dreams...
December 11, 2008, 12:29:32 pm
The same old boss and I then went to a meeting like we used to, but he had a new portable printer type thing that printed out name badges for everyone present. I was trying to do a presentation, but all he was interested in was trying to make this new printer work. I also had no shoes as I had come striaght from the BMX park, so was walking around in my socks, hoping no-one would notice.

Most bizzare.
Putting on my dream doctor hat...

No shoes (and hoping no-one would notice) is indicative of being nervous about fucking up in important situations - the same as dreaming you are in a meeting naked - relates to an insecurity about a situation that may be upcoming. Similarly the exboss being more interested in the printer suggests that you are worried that people will not be interested in what you are saying.

Either that or you OD'd on the MSG in the stir fry!!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#172 Re: Dreams...
December 11, 2008, 02:45:22 pm
Dreamt the other day that I climbed Cenotaph Corner and Cemetary Gates. It was a good dream  :)

Had one about Gogarth as well.

Why must the weather be so SHITE  :wall:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#173 Re: Dreams...
December 11, 2008, 03:29:39 pm

Most bizzare.
Putting on my dream doctor hat...

No shoes (and hoping no-one would notice) is indicative of being nervous about fucking up in important situations - the same as dreaming you are in a meeting naked - relates to an insecurity about a situation that may be upcoming. Similarly the exboss being more interested in the printer suggests that you are worried that people will not be interested in what you are saying.

I suspect you are right on both counts, hence the words ex-boss, as it is an ex-job.

Was a fair dose of soy though!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#174 Re: Dreams...
December 11, 2008, 05:46:19 pm
Why must the weather be so SHITE  wall

Where the fuck are you? Its been perfect grit weather here since tuesday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal