UKBouldering.com

Eagle Tor Access (Read 19416 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#75 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 07:20:14 pm
Very selfish I think, they have a massive and very beautiful front garden. I will continue going as I have done this week - will approach from the Cratcliffe side and keep a low profile.
If asked I will leave, if not then what they don't know about won't hurt them.

Jacqusie

• stalker
#76 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 07:32:14 pm
You say selfish??

I think you are being selfish on the behalf of all climbers that want to negotiate access.

If people keep going then the owners are going to get even more unhappy than they already are.

There are plenty of other places no?

Si

north_country_boy

• junky
#77 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 07:39:49 pm
Very selfish I think, they have a massive and very beautiful front garden. I will continue going as I have done this week - will approach from the Cratcliffe side and keep a low profile.
If asked I will leave, if not then what they don't know about won't hurt them.

Thats the most childish and irresponsible attitude response to any access thread ive read! How utterly disgraceful!

I for one think the land owners are doing the right thing, its the actions of people like yourself which are going to screw access up permanenty for everyone! or maybe you would like to see the Peak end up like numerous crags in Europe......with shit everywhere!

Grow up!

dave

#78 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 07:55:42 pm
If JB had continued to go there, without being seen by the landowner, and hadn't told you about it, would it be a problem? if a tree falls in a forest etc.

cofe

• forum hero
#79 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 07:58:30 pm
that's right. what the fuck is plato doing about it?

dave

#80 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 08:04:19 pm
if you're gonna have a party of that size, get a portaloo.

cofe

• forum hero
#81 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 08:11:02 pm
mo-fo-ing plato. i don't see him pissing in the garden.

imagine what bonjoy would look like if he grew a beard.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#82 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 08:29:27 pm
I think you are being selfish on the behalf of all climbers that want to negotiate access.

So negotiations are ongoing? I read it as negotiations have failed? As far as I'm aware there has never been a negotiated right of access here. 

I for one think the land owners are doing the right thing,

Hows that?

its the actions of people like yourself which are going to screw access up permanenty for everyone! or maybe you would like to see the Peak end up like numerous crags in Europe......with shit everywhere!

Eh? I've never taken a shit here, nor would I.

How's about trying to negotiate access on a school-day only policy?

cofe

• forum hero
#83 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 08:34:43 pm

How's about trying to negotiate access?

that's the crux of it i think.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#84 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 08:47:38 pm
Have just checked UKC. Apparently access was negotiated a couple of years ago, they have now withdrawn that and are not interested in negotiation at present.

I think the school day only thing has legs though, how can they deny its powerful logic? Plus it would always be quieter as there'd be no teachers, who as we all know make up a powerful slice of the climbing demographic pie.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#85 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 08:47:57 pm
In the day of the NIMBY, the Hesslethwaite-on-the-Horse-Athroyd and the increasingly easier to obtain compulsory purchase order, it's not too hard to see why JB, like many of us, is so disillusioned with the situation. Although I don't particularly condone his move to climb on regardless, I think I can understand this frustration through a perceived stalemate in the access situation. To have been using a crag for many years only to have some Hesslethwaite's come along and single-handedly deny your future enjoyment of the place must be pretty fucking annoying. Do the owners think Eagle Tor is some sort of Paedo Zone or Dogging spot?

Jacqusie

• stalker
#86 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 02, 2007, 08:51:01 pm
I think what we are saying is please don't go there for the sake of future access and that although there is none at the moment (and we need to respect the family's wishes) who knows in the future if we stay away and let things lie for the moment.

Who knows in the future? - However if people still go there and the family gets upset - its going to make any future negotiations harder. - And yes there was an access agreement reached in 2005 by the BMC and the Family. We asked people to approach from cratcliffe - be as unobtrusive as posible and use the toilets in the village.

Seems they have has enough and thats why they have asked people not to go there. Please respect that.

Cheers

Simon
Access Rep

LL55

• player
  • Shelly Hocknell is weapon
#87 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 05, 2007, 11:15:56 am
I was up at Eagle Tor last weekend, didn't realize there was any access issues - just went by the guide.

There's no way to know if a boulderer took a dump by the boulders, but at Robin Hood's Stride, by the main track between RHS and Cratcliffe; someone had taken a dump and wrapped it in a meagre amount of tissue. It was in a very obvious place, just behind the first boulder to the left of the main track (with a buldgette and crack & slab).

Crapping at crags is totally unacceptable, I've seen it in the most stupid of places; under Ultimate Retro Party, on the main path past Llyn Idwal, and if I were the farmer something like that would definitely stop me allowing access.

In the whole most boulderers/climbers/walkers are considerate, but it just takes a few dickheads to ruin it for us.

With regard to Eagle Tor, the boulders looked very green (I guess from lack of traffic). There seemed to be a few good looking lines, but with some of the quality at Cratcliffe/RHS and the large surrounding areas I wont be too fussed about not being able to go back. 

saltbeef

• forum hero
#88 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 05, 2007, 06:50:44 pm
bloody JB, bet he's gonna go make some more patios up there, with all that exertion he's bound to need a shit.
seriosly grim situation, is there no Crow type thing?

dave

#89 Re: Eagle Tor Access
March 05, 2007, 07:46:27 pm
Its not access land under the crow act. although the top or cratcliffe and stanton moor is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal