UKBouldering.com

Turkey dip (Read 13748 times)

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#50 Re: Turkey dip
July 20, 2015, 11:17:12 pm

Bet no one helps clean the crag tho

You bet wrong, lots of folk on here take random litter away from the crag. There's a thread dedicated to it in fact. Me and Highrepute took six bin bags full away from crag X last month. How about you?

So you were in on that too then John. Got to be +1 for that bit of crag stewardship!

8)

DDDD

• regular
#51 Re: Turkey dip
July 21, 2015, 06:55:13 am
Just noticed this thread and it's good to hear that my views are echoed by what appears to be everyone as it's not something that gets discussed much, well if at all.

I'll have to own up to taking said biner from Step on It - a funky route - and would do so again if another is left on that particular bolt. If however a draw had been left on that bolt and the one above, then it would have been obvious that they had been left for a redpoint and I would have left them as the first three bolts can be easily clipped by aiding or with a stick clip.

If you want the biner back then no problem. I had been intending to leave it on the lower off of another route if I found one that needed it.

theemoominhunter

• regular
#52 Re: Turkey dip
July 22, 2015, 06:27:43 pm
Thanks, leave it on a lower off.

At no point was I angry. Was just asking the question/starting a conversation about it.

Will Hunt, that wasn't a very nice thing to say was it?

theemoominhunter

• regular
#53 Re: Turkey dip
July 22, 2015, 10:35:14 pm
I doubt any draws would have been left there, not referring to you DDDD.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal