UKBouldering.com

Rock Over bouldering centre Manchester (Read 101040 times)

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
just seen a building as we were using a atm close by.
3 storey 10k sqft
could be another spot if its not the other one suggested
google maps park place manchester and drag that man in and you should have it

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
any updates?

Vitamin K

• addict
Opening in May according to my source...apparently it's a big space and there will be a lot to go at.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
I understand that Tom is speaking to a lot of people about what they would like to see so I hope it turns out well.

tomtom

• forum hero
I noticed that website for this is up and running (though a little sparse). It has location and some details...

http://www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk/

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Fuck yeah a whole 5 minute walk from my new office.  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:  Combined with the gym at work I'm going to be a beast, albeit a middle aged beast.

nik at work

• forum hero
Fuck yeah a whole 5 minute walk from my new office.  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:  Combined with the gym at work I'm going to be injured, albeit fat, middle aged and injured.

Fixed that for you.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Lets hope the website isn't a taste of things to come.

tomtom

• forum hero

Yup - its a roadcrash....

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing

Yup - its a roadcrash....
That's what I thought  ;D

The all new Rock Over Climbing Website launches today. The boys at Hammer Design, keen climbers themselves are promising all sorts of features to come still trying to figure out how to use backgrounds in Frontpage...

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
Website says it's opening in a few weeks on Sat 5th June with the Summer Rock Fest, £2k cash prize...

Peak adult entry is £6.70

Some pictures of it being built

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Anyone else been in for a look? Do you think having a 50* board equipped by Beastmaker is a good idea? Is putting it next to a 45* board just a tad greedy?
Personally I've been favourably struck by both the space itself and the walls... like The Works, only more extensive I think.
Thankfully looks like they're a lot better at building walls than websites.

a dense loner

• forum hero
why would having a 50 degree board built by beastmaker not be a good idea? I don't really see your comparison with 45 board? thats like saying do u think a slighty off vertical wall nx to a vertical wall is a good idea

Paul B

• forum hero
I bet that corridor (http://www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk/gallery/ painted orange) is going to be 'fun' on a busy night.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Anyone else been in for a look? Do you think having a 50* board equipped by Beastmaker is a good idea? Is putting it next to a 45* board just a tad greedy?
Personally I've been favourably struck by both the space itself and the walls... like The Works, only more extensive I think.
Thankfully looks like they're a lot better at building walls than websites.

My understanding is that the 45 is to be part of the bouldering/circuit boards and the beastmaker is (obviously) going to be a training board, it is so steep  ;D

Also the pictures do not do the place justice those two islands in the middle are massive. 

Seeing as nobody else has mentioned it. They are offering a few annual passes at £160

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Image 19 looks fantastic, nice variety of roof angles and curves, could be excellent with a couple volumes thrown on too. Quite looking forward to paying a visit when the chance should arise!

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
 :shrug: What is it with wall builders building all these mental roofs :thumbsup:

Looks good, i wonder what access from the north will be like though in an evening?

Wipey Why

• forum hero

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
why would having a 50 degree board built by beastmaker not be a good idea? I don't really see your comparison with 45 board? thats like saying do u think a slighty off vertical wall nx to a vertical wall is a good idea

My point exactly, perhaps that was a little too understated (they are adjacent). I think it's a bloody marvellous idea, as is the plethora of steep walls/roofs etc. That's why I've gone for their pass offer. Compared to the £75 my missus coughs up monthly for the David Lloyd, £13.30 a month seems quite good.
Shame I'm injured  :(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:27:29 pm by mrjonathanr »

Wipey Why

• forum hero

I am stood under the 50 degree board at the back. It is a lot steeper when you are underneath it.

account_inactive

• forum hero
WOW their walls fuck with the laws of physics

maybe_si

• player
Glad to hear you like the photos, we still have some annual passes left for the bargain price of £160, visit the website or facebook page for more details.  Also online registration for the opening comp is now open, this is necessary for all competitors and there are limited spaces!

All feedback, comments etc are welcome.

Cheers!

erm, sam

• forum hero
Well I just got an annual pass and they gave me a quick tour round.. Looks good, several steep boards/roofs (as you will have seen), high walls (er, also in the photos) and a small kids area near the cafe with free admission for kids under 6!

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Dan testing the new Beastmaker board

Teaboy

• forum hero
Looks brilliant....for the five people in Manchester who'll be able to make good use of it!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal