UKBouldering.com

Training Room Preston Area (Read 8298 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 06:54:01 pm
I am thinking of trying to setup a board to train somewhere. (Like the school) Rent something big enough for a good sized training board, campus board, rings, weights section, etc etc. So trying to get a feel for anyone who may be keen on coming in on it. Got a couple of people interested at the moment. Can be a little flexible on location, ie, i would travel to Leyland, Chorley, etc etc.

Anyone?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 06:56:16 pm
If you cater for punters, I may be interested.

SamD

• regular
#2 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 06:58:12 pm
I would definitely be interested in somewhere good to train, however being a poor impoverished student I would not be able to contribute much to costs etc :( . Sounds like a great idea however.

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 07:11:25 pm
I am thinking of trying to setup a board to train somewhere. (Like the school) Rent something big enough for a good sized training board, campus board, rings, weights section, etc etc.

is property cheap enough to make it feasible over there? Sheff is pretty damn expensive everywhere OTHER than the school.

k2ted

• player
#4 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 08:13:55 pm
definatley. work nr Bamber Bridge so easily accessible...

Have to see what numbers reply I guess.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#5 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 09:00:56 pm
I would definitely be interested in somewhere good to train, however being a poor impoverished student I would not be able to contribute much to costs etc :( . Sounds like a great idea however.

I am sure it wont be cheap! And i would be intending to split costs of materials/holds/etc between everyone. I am afraid its all or nothing. I don't want to be lumbered with any extra costs.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#6 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 09:02:13 pm
Adam, let us know how much we're looking at and I'll give you a yes/no.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#7 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 09:06:24 pm
Adam, let us know how much we're looking at and I'll give you a yes/no.

I am just looking around at the moment, garages are going to be too small and workspace to expensive!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#8 Re: Training Room Preston Area
August 31, 2008, 09:13:13 pm
Yeah, I realise that, but let us know when you have a vague idea of cost.  Cheers.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#9 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 11, 2008, 02:46:59 pm
Adam.... aaron, sam, steve b & me have been looking into doing exactly the same, been lookn into units in chorley... there' s on old mill down cowling brow by the canal and i think the're pretty cheap.. thats 1 idea. There's a few other areas round chorley with shite units in mills etc.. ideal. Anyway, id be up for gettin together on the whole project. There's offices to let in lytham for 35 quid a week, so baseing it on that, 8 people at a 5er each, jobs a goodun.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#10 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 11, 2008, 03:41:52 pm
Couple more people on here keen Paul, so sounds like a plan! I am not working at moment so if we can get something soonish, i can get to work building. I am itching to get strong! Chorley would suit me better

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#11 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 11, 2008, 04:05:43 pm
Paul, also, i already have a tonne of wood for making structures.... Board/Campus board, etc etc

People i know who are keen are
Me
Mick Lovatt (also looking into places)
Arran Deakin (If its cheap enough as he wont use much)
Couple of here

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#12 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 12, 2008, 09:49:24 am
Yeah, it does sound like plan, be good if we could get it sorted. I'll have a drive about this weekend, do some investigating. I've got plenty of tools.. power tools etc, that can be used if needed, and im sure i could rob a few holds if need be, from 'the barn' sure i can them for nowt.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#13 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 12, 2008, 09:54:16 am
Adam, Just remembered i saw units/offices to let on the corner of the junction, opposite ribble cycles by the docks, big mill type place. Worth chkin out.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#14 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 12, 2008, 08:27:12 pm
Adam, Just remembered i saw units/offices to let on the corner of the junction, opposite ribble cycles by the docks, big mill type place. Worth chkin out.

I am free sunday if you need me, drop me a text.... 07715488288

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#15 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 12, 2008, 08:41:32 pm

That place would be awesome!

chappers

• forum hero
#16 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 12, 2008, 11:20:34 pm
good move putting your number on here adam! "good evening madams i am calling from your building society..."

factory lane units lower penwortham is now shut with a to let sign up... and there is a bowles green there, much more fun.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#17 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 15, 2008, 03:29:44 pm
Paul, send me an email or give me a call... Just been to look at the oyston Mill place. £300 a month for a size we would be after, and thats ground floor. They get cheaper the higher up the building you go, and nicer....! Sounds good as we will have at least 10?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#18 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 16, 2008, 06:00:02 pm
Not to piss on your party, but you will also need to pay VAT, business rates, electric and possibly service charges

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#19 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 16, 2008, 10:32:01 pm
Ok, so after some research, its roughly going to cost £30 per person, per month. That is based on 10 people though. So if we can get more, even better. Also on top of that is the initial startup cost. Wood, holds, etc etc.

That price above is everything split.

Unit rent.
Vat.
Rates.
Electric.
Service charge.

So, any definates?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#20 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 16, 2008, 10:37:25 pm
99% yes, depends on final numbers etc.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#21 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 17, 2008, 10:08:47 am
Adam, forgot it was the liverpool game last night.. got to get priorities right. :thumbsup:

Yeah that sounds good to me.. When there's a better idea on numbers n it looks like this could happen, guess we could get together n anyone else who wants some input and have a look at the logistics bout building some boards etc, i'll see if i can get Steve bourne down as well.. being a chippy his input ud be good. I guess.. obviously.. its probably a good idea to make sure building boards is possible.. both physically and with the landlords agreement before any commitment.

Do you know what the score is with, signing/agreeing to a tenancy, i guess some one is going to have to stick there name on a bit of paper n take charge of it?

paul

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#22 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 17, 2008, 10:21:26 am
What do you think of getting an email going with all potential peeps addresses and copy everyone in.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#23 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 17, 2008, 01:31:45 pm
What do you think of getting an email going with all potential peeps addresses and copy everyone in.

Ill check if building a woody is ok....

As for someone standing up and deciding to do the payment side of things, i dont mind doing all the donkey work with regards getting names and stuff, and finding somewhere, but i am not working so i might have to pass the buck there!

So, whoever is keen, can you email me your email address through the forums. CAn you do as well Paul.

Ta

bourney

#24 Re: Training Room Preston Area
September 17, 2008, 08:49:21 pm
Allright adam, i am Steve (bourney) Bourne who probes has mentioned we met briefly at Boulder uk on tues night. I am defo into the whole thing and may be able to get some materials from work, i have all the tools we will ever need and i also have some holds from an old wall. Chorley area would suit me better as i am in sunny Skem but wherever is cheapest and best. If u need to contact me it is best to get my number off probes as i rarley use dis tinterweb ting. laters.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal