UKBouldering.com

Ableton Live homies holla at me (Read 2190 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Ableton Live homies holla at me
June 29, 2008, 07:16:38 pm
Wondered if there are any schooled Ableton Live users amongst us? If you could holla at me via pm, I'd be grateful to speak to you.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Ableton Live homies holla at me
June 29, 2008, 07:47:17 pm

I installed it in order to do a mix on the PC, then thought "hmmm that looks far too complicated" and used Mixmeister instead. Is there a good tutorial for noobs on how to use Ableton to create a mix?

Monolith

• forum hero
#2 Re: Ableton Live homies holla at me
June 29, 2008, 08:22:33 pm
Ableton's site has some good movies on the basics, but the interactive tutorials within the software are excellent. Load up the 'DJing with Ableton' section (or similarly titled) and it should set you on your way. I've played with it a lot in the past but kept flitting back and forth to Cubase for production. Think I'll stick with Ableton for the foreseeable future.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 Re: Ableton Live homies holla at me
June 30, 2008, 12:37:43 pm
Do you need a whizzy dual soundcard to make it work?

Monolith

• forum hero
#4 Re: Ableton Live homies holla at me
July 06, 2008, 08:45:41 pm
Sorry Dob, I only just noticed your post. You do need a soundcard with multiple outputs according to a tutorial over on youtube. The guy said something about being able to assign the main output and the cue controls to seperate speaker's if you're working in stereo.  I'm just getting to grips third time round with the interface and controls so sorry I can't give much advice at this point.

I'm running a slightly dated version on my ibook G4 until finances afford me a new setup but it's working fine for me to explore the software. Let's know how you get on if you get involved eh.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#5 Re: Ableton Live homies holla at me
September 07, 2008, 04:13:07 pm
I learnt to mix in ableton (w/ a behringer MIDI controller) in approx. 15 minutes, it's piss.

As for making loops, that's piss too.  Give it another whirl Bubba.

In fact, if my partner (Bushby) pulls his finger out and finishes moving house and other excuses (and puts it on his server) I'll have our first tech' mix to upload here.

I've no intention of buying decks and associated hardware now.  Too expensive, too much space needed, too unportable,  vinyl is getting more expensive by the year and is far too heavy.  Too easy to rip stuff etc.. etc..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal