places to visit > competitions

Bouldering Comps

(1/8) > >>

Percy B:
Sorry to use this forum to remind people of the date for the PowerBar bouldering league at The Edge in Sheffield, but our website is busted, and more people who want to know when the comps are will look at this site!
Round 1 - Friday 8th November, with 20 problems set by me and guest route setter, Sir Ronald of Fawcett! You can ring me at The Edge on 0114 2758899 if you want info or abuse - I'm happy to provide either. Obviously the problems will be of the usual standard, and for the first round competitors will have the added bonus of Rob Gawthorpe being in Egypt, so he won't be able to set his usual wierd creations. My groin strain
has only just healed from last years infamous bridging enigma :? ! Its a 'skin diver' (£5) to enter, which is cheaper than the cost in petrol to travel to you're favourite bouldering areas, and it won't be dark or wet when you arrive! Can't say fairer than that.

By the way, Mike has already put on a bit about the Lost Arrow Masters Comp. which will take place next year. Just to keep you posted, 30% of the places are already filled (!), with some scarily strong teams entered. Look at the relevant thread if you want to get a team together. You'll be cranking alongside some of the best boulderers in the world, including the likes of Moon, Dunne, Smith, Earl, Parry, Creamer, the list goes on and on..........

dave:
Nice one Perc! Last time i entered one of these was 2000, is there still 2 sessions going? also how busy do they get, cos i remember people falling ontop of other people etc etc it was pretty hairy. I guess you've got the woody to spread em out now though....

Yo Mike, what about getting a strong ukb team entered in the team comp? Get some fly company to sponsor the entrance fee, and hey presto. I'll volunteer my bouldering services if thats any consolation.

percy B:
Still two sessions, one starting at 1630, and the later one starting at 1900. You get 2 hours to dispatch as many of the 20 problems as you can. As far as congestion goes, some of the problems are set in the Woodie so its far less busy than it used to be. Nobody got squashed last year, so hopefully this trend will continue! Grades range from V0 to V10. As we all know, 'its impossible to set anything harder than V10 indoors' (Old route-setters proverb)! :twisted:

Bubba:

--- Quote from: "Percy B" ---Sorry to use this forum to remind people of the date for the PowerBar bouldering league at The Edge in Sheffield, but our website is busted, and more people who want to know when the comps are will look at this site!

--- End quote ---

That's ok Percy - no bother at all  :)

Bubba:

--- Quote from: "dave" ---
Yo Mike, what about getting a strong ukb team entered in the team comp? Get some fly company to sponsor the entrance fee, and hey presto. I'll volunteer my bouldering services if thats any consolation.
--- End quote ---

Not a bad idea there Dave - Now I'm not really good enough for comps but you and James, fatboyslimfast, and ??? How many form a team?

I'm quite happy to video proceedings - will there be some choons needed spinning like last time I wonder?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version