UKBouldering.com

Techno Techno Techno Downloads (Read 229555 times)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#325 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
September 17, 2009, 01:01:39 pm
Like you I was shocked that I had missed out on a source of such goodness till now. Downloaded the Mad Professor set at work last night but not listened to it yet - will check out the Makato set now.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#326 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
September 17, 2009, 01:42:32 pm
(Not sure if the quality or content has been downgraded or edited on the Surgeon mix but a copy of the original from Surgeons site (no break, just one three hour mp3) is here).

The surgeon set from Fabric has been put on a harsh diet clocking in at just over 90 minutes so if you want the full set use slack---lines link above.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#327 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
September 17, 2009, 01:44:40 pm
(Not sure if the quality or content has been downgraded or edited on the Surgeon mix but a copy of the original from Surgeons site (no break, just one three hour mp3) is here).

The surgeon set from Fabric has been put on a harsh diet clocking in at just over 90 minutes so if you want the full set use slack---lines link above.

Is that two 45 min sets or one 90 minute on the Fabric Podcast?  Its up in two parts so that may explain it (still recommend  grabbing the above original though).

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#328 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
September 25, 2009, 02:55:24 pm

Some nice mixes to download from the Podcast page here:

http://www.electronique.it/

(requires registration)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#329 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 11, 2009, 12:15:00 pm
Like you I was shocked that I had missed out on a source of such goodness till now. Downloaded the Mad Professor set at work last night but not listened to it yet - will check out the Makato set now.

The Makoto set mentioned above is really really good and is probably the best stuff that I have heard for a while - nothing earth shattering about it but it just bounces along in its DnB way very pleasantly. Inspired by the above set I did a quick Google and came up with this podcast which sounds even better and there's a further 16 podcasts here.

Can see the big fat internet connection at work getting hammered tonight!  :o

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#330 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 11, 2009, 01:59:04 pm
thanks all contributors for some amazing music.
i've just started working my way through it all.  many nights ahead of me working and downloading.
i've enjoyed the following so far (not in order of prefreence)
1. live @despatched sept 27th
2. technical fabric (busby)
3. edge of a breakdown (this is very special) not to everyones taste, but big thanks houdini for unearthing a gem.

if any of you lot know where i can sample some of this stuff live in the southern hemisphere, please let me know.

having wife, 2 kids and setting up a new business limits my opportunitites to enjoy the 'fun' things in life..
to those who are without such attachemnts, enjoy it while you can.....

thanks again for the music.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#331 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 11, 2009, 03:02:49 pm
Cheers for the reminder of some of the earlier stuff that is on this thread oldfella - had lost my copy of Houd's "On the edge of a nervous breakdown" so it was worth it just for that.

Make sure that you get the Surgeon "Food for thought" mix that is mentioned a couple of pages back before it disappears - it really is an absolute classic IMO.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#332 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 14, 2009, 02:04:58 pm
2. technical fabric (busby)

Bus(*h)by rates this as his best mix.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#333 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 14, 2009, 02:29:20 pm
well it has copped abit of play on the ipod over the last few days.  :bounce:

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#334 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 16, 2009, 08:49:53 pm
no download, just an interview

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#335 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 19, 2009, 01:26:34 pm
Heads up the northern English crew, Derrick May is playing at Detatched in Leeds soon.  A VERY Un-Detatched booking.

Still flabbergasted no-one from Leeds or Sheffield has said they've been after 2 years of being undeniably the best Techno night in the British Isles ...    Shocking.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#336 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 28, 2009, 11:19:18 am
Viz-a-viz soapy's Warlock post

No, 'Euro' isn’t a currency, it’s actually an extremely short-lived genre that no one really knows about. It's a bit like some obscure yet bountiful tiny island in the Channel Islands, or Diego Garcia - under the radar, but royally plundered over the years. But less of the metaphor, let’s get to the crux: Euro was the original, unsung rave music, period.

Euro was the sound of 1991. The concept of a rave containing up to 20,000 people had recently been established by the summer of love but the music being played was coincidental: acid house and all it’s Ibiza derivatives. Now came the very first music purpose-built for such a gargantuan arena; designer music for a new generation. It’s truly where the blueprint of rave was established; the hoover noise, the stab, it was all born here.

Still, Euro wore its influences on its sleeve: the industrial sound of the late-80s, bands like Nitzer Ebb and Front 242, the deepness of Detroit, the early funk/acid of Chicago, and of course New Beat (which anyone one involved with Euro would prefer to forget). New Beat actually helped a lot of Euro producers learn their craft and hone their production skills - thank the Lord they didn’t take the charts by storm for otherwise we wouldn’t have had the underground wonders of Praga Khan and the like that followed. Check ‘Ibiza’ (pronounced ‘eebessa’) by Amnesia and Acid Rock (which was a techno version of 'Smoke On The Water' – thankfully times have changed) by Frank De Wulf and you’ll see the all-important link.

Euro is the chosen name for this genre simply because the bulk of the music came from the European mainland. There was pretty much bugger-all from these shores, and if you were doing it here then you were ahead of your time. The main hotbeds of activity were Holland and Belgium: the former generally having a little more fun with it while the latter was coming up with some ultra-serious shit. The French also provided a few choice bits and the Italians offered some of their own very stylish and sophisticated interpretations of the sound too. The Germans were at it as well, but but they don't figure so heavily in this run-down, as really their best stuff came later. See what we missed by not being connected to the land mass? Oh, and of course there was a small but highly significant Stateside connection in the form of Joey Beltram who really should've been called Joey Belgium, considering all the epic stuff he put out on R&S. And how can we forget CJ Bolland, another seminal blip to the Euro curve - an Englishman who moved to Ghent at the age of 2.

Euro was the original unsung rave music, period.

I remember going into Wired For Sound in Hackney to buy tunes and every week - without even trying - I would end up walking away with 50 quid less in my pocket and a hefty bag of pure quality tuneage. It was total bliss, I didn’t even have any money, but that was a small concern: the sheer volume of choice tunes every week was awe-inspiring. More signifcantly What I also remember about this era was other people being equally affected and bowled over by the music. I saw a lot of people where I was in East London (and it was happening elsewhere - Leicester, Birmingham, Stafford, Manchester etc) being so impressed and empowered by the output, the quality of production, the impact of the tunes, and then thinking, 'Right. We can do this.' In this way Euro kick-started a vibrant white label culture, albeit one largely sample-based. It really got a lot of people off their arses and onto their feet.

We all know by now that hardcore was important. It’s at the very centre Simon Reynolds' much-debated theory of a 'Hardcore continuum'. I'm not denying hardcore's significance, but really the original essence of rave started with Euro. It’s one of the most formulaic forms of music ever conceived, but it completely justifies itself by embracing that formula and transcending it. It's a pleasure to mix because it's beats-by-numbers but even so, the music still charts some unfathomable depths (if you can see beyond its dazzling surface).

Euro kick-started a vibrant white label culture, and got a lot of people off their arses and onto their feet.

Euro is the purist form of rave; listen to it and you’ll see straightaway what I mean. It didn’t get all sophisticated and sleek like Detroit techno, it didn’t necessarily dwell on the funk like Chicago, it didn’t remain all cold and staid like industrial, it just went for it in a completely unhinged, inhibited way. That’s why I always had a hole in my pocket at the end of the week. It was the inspiration for a thousand genres after it, not just hardcore, but gabba, techno, trance, breaks, nu electro, bassline, fidget, whatever. And yet still there's always been something refreshingly humble about Euro, even when it was off racing down the fast lane doing it's thing.

There are even producers sampling Euro to this very day; often they don’t know it, they’re just sampling it 3 or 4 times down the line. This isn't a bad thing; it’s beautiful really. The spirit of Euro lives on.

I have to confess I was partly inspired to write this piece by FACT's 20 Best Hip-House as chosen by Greco-Roman's Alexander Waldron. A spot-on article, it instantly made me realise that there was another mutant genre has been given a similarly wide berth over the years, one whose records are still available on Discogs for next to nish. Euro was its younger lunatic brother by about a year or two. And if you were inclined to file FACT's 20 Bests into some sort of order, 20 Best Euro would fit neatly between Simon Reynolds' 20 Best Bleep and Richard X’s 20 Best Hardcore.

Alright, let's get down to it. There are a few fairly obvious tunes in this list, some that even made it into the UK top 40, but I respect their original intentions and that's why they need to be included. And of course we’re also going to delve a bit deeper, and blow the dust off some almost forgotten little gems...

http://www.ragandbonerecords.co.uk/mixes/Warlock_EURO_mix_for_FACT.mp3

Right click, save as...

1 hour long, recorded @ 192kbps.

Tracklisting:

01. Frank De Wulf – Magic Orchestra (Music Man) 1990
02. Spectrum – Brazil remix (R&S) 1991
03. Outlander – Vamp (R&S) 1991
04. Sonic Solution – Music (R&S) 1991
05. Frequency – Where Is Your evidence? (Lower East side) 1991
06. Incubus – The spirit (80 Aum) 1991
07. Set Up System – Fairy Dust (Big Time International) 1991
08. Channel X – Rave The Rhythm (Beat box) 1991
09. Praga Khan – Rave Alarm (Beat Box) 1991
10. Destroyer – Senses (Target) 199
11. Quadrophonia – Quadrophonia (ARS) 1991
12. Holy Noise – Father Forgive Them (Hithouse) 1990
13. DJ PC – Insomniac (Bite) 1991
14. Trance Trax – PWM-Wave (Beatbox) 1991
15. Dilemma – Erase Your Mind (Mackenzie) 1990
16. Second Phase – Mentasm (R&S) 1991
17. Beltram – Energy Flash (R&S) 1991

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#337 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 28, 2009, 12:36:18 pm
I forgot to add, it is a Warlock mix, though you would've guessed that.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#338 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 28, 2009, 01:51:13 pm
... and Acid Rock (which was a techno version of 'Smoke On The Water' – thankfully times have changed) by Frank De Wulf.

I remember this track like it was yesterday - blew my mind when I first heard it as it was so unlike anything else out there and once I found out what it was it was it set me off looking for other stuff like it and ending up with cassettes (remember those kids?) like Bass, Break and Bleeps. Never realised it was a techno version of 'Smoke on the Water' at the time but it is bloody obvious now it has been pointed out.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#339 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
October 30, 2009, 08:54:09 pm
No, 'Euro' isn’t a currency....
Just got this - real blast from the past; danced to a lot of those tunes back in t'day :)

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#340 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
November 19, 2009, 10:40:20 am
to all contributors, anything in the pipeline??

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#342 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
November 20, 2009, 07:01:45 am
Lately I can't be online long enough to grab any large files - but I'll post some stuff later in the week I know will be nice.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#343 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
November 20, 2009, 07:49:14 am
Don't think I have posted this before - Adam Beyer @ Apokalypsa - Houdini is likely to hate it as it is on the mnml side of techno but I like it as it is good shizzle to drive the van to.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#344 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
November 26, 2009, 11:30:54 am
hey Butters,
listened to Apokalypso a few times.
not really that into it. but the fabric set seems good.

keep em coming.

many thanks

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#345 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
November 27, 2009, 04:53:16 pm
Try this from Erik XVI - not strictly Techno but I will shove it in here anyway.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#346 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
December 01, 2009, 05:03:51 pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#347 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
December 01, 2009, 05:11:55 pm
Nice one Dylan, quite like Bayer (discovered him from an EM a few years back and have just listened to the mix blue posted above).

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#348 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
December 03, 2009, 09:16:51 pm
This is the latest shizzle that has been playing in t'van Kammy @ Palazzo - fairly mnml again but has some nice moments.

Now for some proper techno - Surgeon live at Leeds 13.02.09 - Houdini may have l posted a link to it before but it is Surgeon set so a repeat posting is always good.

And if one link to a Surgeon set won't suffice - A clubbingspain podcast that has just been posted on his website.

EDIT - will try and sort out that last link - it requires registration and IE  :wank: to get to the URL it would seem...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:22:01 pm by bluebrad »

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#349 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
December 04, 2009, 11:54:32 am
Asagaoaudio mix 15-11-09

playlist
Luka Baumann - Emergence Nine [Makaton remix] (Emergence)
Exium - Seeking Perfection [Part.2] (Injected Poison Records)
Smear - Transect [Patrick Walker's Broadwave Execution mix] (Forward Strategy Group)
Persistence - butcher boy weapon (unreleased)
asagaoaudio - live material (unreleased)
Function - Variance 3 [Marcel Dettmann edit] (Sandwell District)
asagaoaudio - ring and portrait [self remix] (AN)
Orphx - Cracktest edit (Sonic Groove)
Ben Klock - bzero [Function-Regis aka Sandwell District Remix] (Ostgut Ton)
Surgeon - Bad Hands PArt II [Autechre remix] (Dynamic Tension)
Jeroen Lieblegts - Hunter/Grazer [Planetary Assault Systems remix] (audio assault)
Grovskopa - Emergence Seven [Archae's Future remake] (Emergence)
Smear - Transect (Forward Strategy Group)
Christian Wunsch - Vader [asagaoaudio remix] (audio assault)
Go Hiyama - Geometrical [Surgeon remix] (audio assault)
Luka Baumann - Emergence Nine [Grovskopa remix] (Emergence)
Digital Primate - Get Your Crack In The Center [Eric Powell & Jorge Jaramillo mix] (bush)
Go Hiyama - TMM.15 (unreleased)
Grovskopa - Jauhar [Oscar Mulero mix] (warm up)
Makaton - Dom Karin/Le Tenia (Rodz Konez)
Surgeon/Regis - Don't Give Way To Fear [Part 1]
Francesco Tristano - Strings Og Life [version Francesco Tristano] (InFine Music)
embalmment 3 - untitled 1 (unreleased)
Casual Violence - Maybe We Are (Aftertaste)
Regis/Ian J Richardson - untergang 2 (Sandwell District)
A Made Up Sound - Closer (Resident Advisor)
Makaton - All The False [Loktibrada remix] (PVC)
British Murder Boys - All The Saints Have Been Hung (Counterbalance)
Function - Varience [CH-Signal Edit] (Sandwell District)

http://soundcloud.com/asagaoaudio/asagaoaudio-mix-15-11-09

For me, one of the best new producers from Japan.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal