UKBouldering.com

Techno Techno Techno Downloads (Read 229488 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#275 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 21, 2009, 12:14:35 pm
This weeks essential mix is from the exit festival, hr1 = Richie and dubfire, hr2 = locodice and Magda. On paper this should be awesome. I will let you know as I listen to it.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a

chillax

• forum abuser
#277 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 21, 2009, 06:54:32 pm
Good call

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#278 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 21, 2009, 07:05:21 pm
Richie's gone too far now. When every other word is 'paradigm' and 'connected', you soon realise his pseudo philosophical bullshit is all that there is. I did bum richie but this persistent drive for 'connectivity' is simply irritating. I admire the manner in which he constructs his live performances but just wish he would drop the dogshit that flies out of his mouth. As for the Richly Hawtin clothing line spiel.....

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#279 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 21, 2009, 09:27:13 pm
Funny, I feel the opposite.

Hawtin can talk the talk all year if he wants, I find his music & m_nus artists excreable.  Thankfully, I've the taste never go to a gig he's working, and heaven forbid I'd part w/ money for anything he releases.  Hawtin's a joke; he has ZERO credibility w/ people who know techno.  Personally, I think he has AIDS (Artist In Decline Syndrome)

Here's the latest from THE UNKNOWN STUNTMAN ~ Sound +

ken ishii . prodrome . r & s
barcode population . A1 untitled . subvert
unknown . A1 untitled . primitive
function . disaffected . sandwell district
junq . from below . cultivated electronics
v.i.v.e.k. . natural mystic . on the edge
neil landstrumm . leaving edinburgh humour . tresor
the black dog . euthanasia . warp
B12 . magnetic fields . B12
skeetaz . drama quing . spacebar sentiments
grovskopa . sex and violins [surgeon remix] . token
steve rachmad . panorama . sino
dj dry aka 3ST . unfortunately unknown . rampe d
freddie fresh . B1 untitled . subvoice
the vonn trapp family . clank 6 . acruacree
fibre optix . tape orbit 102 . aural satisfaction
james ruskin . surfaced . tresor
andrι michelle . B1 untitled . neuropol
ghetto blaster . | | | | | | . kurbel
sympletic . noname [remix] . ifach
son's of the dragon . the journey [qui niu] . son's of the dragon
lusine . weaver . ghostly
dynarec . eisotalea . vaporwave
the subdivision . devil's kiss . mode
zen militia . the pull of guilt [scuba remix] . z audio
r.n.d. technologies . ultrafilter . planet rhythm
point 7 . x insert . cultivated electronics

Good for travelling / snoozing to.

kev.

#280 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 24, 2009, 10:47:04 am
No tunes to post, just something to throw out there, The Dj Producer.... any raters? or all haters? just got back from glade and heard him play what i consider to be the best dj set ive ever heard in my life, and this was experienced whilst not entirely off my face, he just fucking rinsed it, people walked away afterwards groaning "mooore gabbberrrrr" like zombies.  On the other hand i didnt bother seeing Dave Clarke because i didnt want to fall asleep.  I have the feeling this my taste is going to be at odds to the ukb techno heads but take it easy on me! tek solidarity!   

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#281 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 24, 2009, 02:33:05 pm
Well, if you follow these pages the UKB technoheads are in fact househeads, so I'd not worry too much about them  :whistle:

Clark?  IMO horrible productions, remixes sometimes OK, gross character, just too off-putting in life to care about his craft; I doubt you missed much.

Gabba is nice, still pretty dangerous & exciting.  There's a young Scot called Helicopterface that makes incredible gabba, here's a recent vinyl set of his  HELICOPTERFACE ~ Instruct Anorgasmia

01. Circuit Parallele – Silenzio Assurdo [Spine]
02. Die Neue Sachlichkeit – Contact [Pliftkauf]
03. Celluloid Mata & Imminent – M.I.S.C [Vaccuum]
04. Helicopterface – Purpose Aches (Element Abuse Remix) [Mash Up]
05. Current 93 – The Great In The Small part I [Durto]
06. Zotz – Metaflex [Yb70]
07. Le Talium – Rebond [Zhark Berlin]
08. Archae - Resolute [Maracas]
09. La Peste – Pure Techno Track [Reverse]
10. Zotz – Terranium [Yb70]
11. Scorn – Stripped Back Hinge [Ad Noiseam]
12. Surgeon – Shaper Of The Unknown [Counterbalance]
13. Zym0siZ – Dante [Zhark Berlin]
14. Caustic Window – Garden Of Linmiri [Rephlex]
15. Imminent Starvation – Relocation 1 [Hymen]
16. Sobchak – Electron Libre [Yb70]
17. Sulphuric Saliva – Trap [Uncivilized World]
18. Mescalinium United – We Have Arrived [PCP]
19. Surgeon – Another Body [Counterbalance]
20. Kareem – Botas [Possible Music]
21. Mouse – Mas. 23 [Underground Perversions]
22. Metic – Train Damage [Audio Illusion]
23. Current 93 – The Great In The Small part II [Durto]
24. Headcleaner – F84546 [Headcleaner]
25. Cylob – Skraip [Rephlex]
26. British Murder Boys – Fist [Downwards]
27. Converter – Denogginizer (Kill The Brain) [Hymen]
28. Monrella – Studio 5 [Zet]
29. Nebula II – Normal [IST]
30. X-103 – Curse Of The Gods [tresor]
31. Somatic Responses – RP03 [Deadly Systems]
32. Elektroplasma – Untitled [L’Art et La Guerre]
33. Zipper Spy – Factor 13 [Homewrecker Foundation]

Monolith

• forum hero
#282 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 26, 2009, 05:09:59 pm
Tech house as a means of attempting to describe a genre seems a good one. Houdini, I'm not sure that 'techno' was ever about stasis anyway. One thing good Richie does allude to is the evolution of the genre. Is it or can it even be so rigorously defined? 'I don't think it can; it's ephemeral like all musical genres.  Should we not stick to concentrating on posting techno, tech house, house or whatever links? Seems silly to start another thread to appease your dissing ;)

I have to admit that I used to be pretty keen on a lot of the Warp beard stroking and horn rimmed glasses stuff but prefer my cuts a bit hommier these days. Not that I'm insinuating that's what you're posting Houdini.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#283 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 26, 2009, 05:31:09 pm
Last time I looked, it's OK to criticise and take the piss on the internet.

My opinion that Hawtin and his cabal of self-perpetuating fag fashionista's have been dreadful for the best part of a decade does not preclude you from enjoying their music or posting their work here, by the same token, it does not prevent me from poking fun at you for revering such banal, obvious, lazy RA trash.  It's not a genre-thing.  For the record, in my completely biased, utterly snobbish opinion the only acceptible thing about WARP is the US band, Battles.

:-*

Wooot!

Monolith

• forum hero
#284 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 26, 2009, 06:45:52 pm
I'm sure there's also slavish self-perpetuating people in the scene which you allude to through your links. You know I'm not averse to piss-taking!  My horse is higher than yours anyway.

Still have a trip to you in Germany on the list of things to do. I believe you promised me a wild night in the Berghain with a pig mask did you not? ;)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#285 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 26, 2009, 09:00:07 pm
To be frank, Mono, I'm unlikely ever to set foot in the place again.  Truth be told:  Berghain is not very techno, despite what you may have heard (I fear you've been misinformed).

I don't like the overly homo crowd, in the same way I would dislike a too-straight crowd.  Alas it's poofs on the L and straights on the R and never the twain do they meet.  I find sexually-orientated segregation on the dancefloor a bore.  To be more specific, in the last year alone, I believe the London producers Phase & Inigo Kennedy along w/ a Belgian dude called Kr!z (a Token records night) have been only people I would care to see who have been there.  There's no way I'd travel for Dettmann et al w/out getting GCW to write me an RX for Dilaudid.  DJ Pete often plays there, he's OK (one half of Scion) but that's about it.

The links I offer here are overwhelming from amateur enthusiasts, underground-types not millionaires who've stopped pushing the envelope (cf. Hawtin, Villalobos) so you're horse isn't higher at all, it's just got a better haircut and is wearing more jewellery.

Here's a very fresh (2 nights old) set from a pal in Zagreb, FROMM ~ Tatraplan, Croatia 24th July 09  I'll post a TL when he gets round to giving it to me.  It's quite mnml-ish w/ the odd banger thrown in for pace.  Have a crack, it won't hurt your head, I promise.

Monolith

• forum hero
#286 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 26, 2009, 09:47:55 pm
To be frank, Mono, I'm unlikely ever to set foot in the place again.

I already knew that. Just a little tease ;)

Speaking of Scion, I had Arrange And Process Basic Channel Tracks but lent it to a friend a while back who lost it. Pissing annoying as it's fucking amazing. There was a Tresor hour (whatever and why the fuckever it was just an hour) in a new basement club in Liverpool last night. Alas I had lost my bank card and never went.

In all honesty, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments (some) and this pretty boy vacuous scene shit is wanky. By the same token, I don't miss going to Warp beard stroking contests anymore and I'd rather do my geometry homework in the study than in the club. For the most part though, I do enjoy a lot of well composed 'minimal' tracks. I've read a lot about minimalism in architecture lately and I would write some thoughts on the parallels to music save for the fact it would be boring reading and my eye is bloodshot and hurting.

I'll get onto that download now.

Monolith

• forum hero
#287 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 26, 2009, 10:59:16 pm
There's some stuff within that definitely appeals. Is there NOTHING on Drumcode you like even slightly by the way?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#288 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 26, 2009, 11:41:22 pm
Yes of course, I own some hardcopy Drumcode.

The last 10? releases have been so goddam dull.  Generic mnml, w/ the odd foray into phatter mnml.  In years previous to this Drumcode was a label I'd doubt you would touch w/ mine.  There was a time Beyer made great techno, his production was lacking but the music was ace, full of new ideas.  Try his 1st and only CD on Drumcode, Protechtion.  Beyer now, is a shadow of his former self.

I'm disappointed in this thread, it's like asking for a list of top cowboy flms and everyone piping up w/ John Wayne or Clint eatswood numbers ...  There's a wealth of great music out there and as far as I can tell, people's idea of techno doesn't stretch past the beatport top ten.

Monolith

• forum hero
#289 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 27, 2009, 12:17:07 am
I saw Beyer a few months back and yes he's softened up but was still pounding (enough for me).

I think a lot of people can't be bothered to endlessly root for labels and artists but then most people just want to get fucked up of a weekend and forget about putting letters in envelopes. It's also probably a case of people going to what's in their area code.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#290 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 27, 2009, 09:19:50 am
... was still pounding (enough for me)

Good music has nothing to do w/ hard/soft.  That argument is redundant.  Employing a climbing analogy:  there'll always be people who'll only be primarily interested in doing the obvious routes and there'll be others who will venture further afield for more esoteric and perhaps more rewarding gems.

As for people using music as a sountrack to their weekend oblivion, well, that's their loss, and something I care little about.  (Not been to a club in 5 or 6 months now.)

Here are some places to discover new music

www.0daymusic.org
http://forum.musicore.net/ (there's a section where you can ask for an invite to this forum)

Monolith

• forum hero
#291 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 27, 2009, 09:43:40 am
I like my chops pounding and I like them soft. It's like sex;  whatever takes the mood.

Needless to say, music as a soundtrack to weekend oblivion isn't my bag but it's certainly a common attitude.

Nice one on the links, checking it out now.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#292 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 27, 2009, 11:48:15 am
http://forum.musicore.net/ (there's a section where you can ask for an invite to this forum)
Fuckers have deleted my account :(

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#293 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 27, 2009, 01:48:54 pm
^ Then you have failed to use up the invites you were given.  They did say they would do this. 

You can re-apply via the link on the first page.  Failing that just use 0daymusic & this hybrid site http://0day.musicore.net/

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#294 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
July 29, 2009, 01:04:13 am
TRAVERSABLE WORMHOLE ~ mnml ssg mix

Bit of mystery surrounding the ID of Traversable Wormhole, but he/they are American.  Really new outfit, 3 12"s in the last 4 months or so.  That's about as much as we know.

Monolith

• forum hero
#295 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
August 06, 2009, 12:54:52 pm
Extrawelt - Live at Nature One '09

Extrawelt set comes highly recommended.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#296 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
August 06, 2009, 02:04:15 pm
Speaking of Scion, I had Arrange And Process Basic Channel Tracks but lent it to a friend a while back who lost it.

I will upload a copy for you onto my MobilMe account. Watch this space for a pm.

Monolith

• forum hero
#297 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
August 07, 2009, 03:23:25 pm
Miami Sessions with Umek

Need something to pound you through that board session? This is immense.

Monolith

• forum hero

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#299 Re: Techno Techno Techno Downloads
August 11, 2009, 07:24:29 pm
IMO (& others) Dehnert is doing the best work in Berlin at this time.

MIKE DEHNERT ~ Berghain PA ~ mnml ssgs #34

Normally Berghain is not so hot but this time they hit the spot.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal