UKBouldering.com

Loud N-n-n-n-nnnnoisy Guitar Shizzle [Rock/Metal/Thrash etc] (Read 164676 times)

crimp

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
not sure if this is the right thread but Bad Religion are playing the Ritz in Manchester  :punk:
Tickets getting ordered tonight :D

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Having enjoyed Machine Head's first two albums, I recently bought Unto The Locust.  First couple of plays I didn't really get it, but it certainly has grown on me.  There are quite a few bits reminiscent of other bands, such as At The Gates.  Really like it now, plus I've re-listened to all my At The Gates stuff and The Haunted's first two albums, which are fantastic.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

This is the final track on an excellent hardcore techno compilation CD, but I think it fits in here. It's got guitars, growls, and heaviness, that's for sure. Is it metal? Industrial? Hardcore? Rabid neo-soundtrack murdercore? Probably.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut

Wood FT

• forum hero
this came on during this morning's bus shuffle, remember seeing them and the bass player looked exactly like Jim Carey (complete with Ace Venutura jaw pointing)

happy monday

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
Alter Bridge Fortress is ace, loving it.  seems more cohesive than their last few. 

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
IT IS GOOD.

I've had my first listen to this.  I am very much a Carcass fan, so any views to be taken with that proviso.

Necroticism has been my favourite album for years, doing battle with Symphonies for my love and affection.  Corporal Jigsore Quandary remains for me the pinnacle of the genre, competition coming only from Empathological Necroticism for its brutal solo-less power.  I always loved the atonality of some of those earlier rhythm sections- incredible guitarwork, interesting timing and (atonal) harmony.

For the same reason, Heartwork was a little too melodic for my ear - although i think it's an amazing album it just doesn't quite do it for me in the same way as the earlier work (including the brilliant Tool of the Trade EP).  Swansong was a step too far on the wrong path for me.

Surgical Steel I like a lot after the first listen.  Not yet up there with my top 2, but I'll see how it goes with further listens.  It seems to fall between Necroticism and Symphonies  for complexity, and between Necroticism and Heartwork for melodiousness.

1985 - I'm not sure how this fits in, OK as an intro but otherwise fairly pleasant.
All other tracks sound pretty good but not a single stand out as yet.  I like the way they reflect back to the opening riff of Maggot Colony for the closing break of The Granulating Dark Satanic Mills.  There are some really nice touches which neatly refer back to the heyday of the band.

So far, I'm loving this despite its imperfection, and I am hoping it grows more on me.  Like some fungating clonarchitic mucopurulent collection of nidorous rancour.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Just after Reek of Putrefication was released, me and two mates went to see Carcass upstairs at the Hallamshire Hotel on West St in Sheffield.  It must have been 1988 or 1989.  There was hardly anyone there, maybe twenty people max. and there was a table of heavy drinkers/nutters/junkies who used to hang out in the hole in the road all day sat drinking beers just next to me.  Carcass took the floor (there was no stage) and launched into their thing, everyone sat on their bar stools watching and nodding, it was very, very loud for a pub gig and they had a strobe going ten to the dozen.  I was pretty stoned and sat their whilst one of the nutters next to me got up, walked up to the vocalist, squared up and put his fingers down his own throat unleashing a projectile vomit onto the floor right in front of him.  I thought all hell might break loose but they just carried on... One of the more interesting gig experiences Ive had in my life.   :punk:

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
Fab.  I love these they become urban myths and usaully grow arms and legs.  I might buy the album just for their coolness in the face of adversity  ;)

If you ever fancy a good book full of story's like this read the motley crue book 'dirt', even if your not a fan its a fab read full of stories of sending hundreds of hookers to managers homes, ozzy licking his own pee off the ground after he's just had a wee, shag tents under the stage for ahem 'ladies' they pick up at shows and drugs galore.  its a hoot and if a tenth of it is true ... wicked!  ;)

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
not sure if this is the right thread but Bad Religion are playing the Ritz in Manchester  :punk:
Tickets getting ordered tonight :D

I saw them in Vienna in 2011 with Suicidal Tendencies. They were phenomenal. Worth every penny.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Nice one GCW  :punk:
I think it fits into latter era Carcass very well (I'm excluding Swansong here, I personally like it a lot but it is kinda tangential)....and that it is a great metal album in it's own right. The few complaints I have are that the tempo changing structures are not as precise as Necrotism/Heartwork, and there is a bit too much straight up drumming on some tracks. But I'm happy enough they have come out with a good un and not disappointed.

^^^ my favourite

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Bizarrely, that's the track I have on now on listen 2.

SEDur

• stalker
  • Edam Tarquin
  • The future
I am sure they have probably had a mention, but Animals As Leaders are the bollocks.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Some parts of this remind me of early riffing/ solos from Metallica, esp Kill Em All.  Also some parts are reminiscent of early MDB tracks, especially from Turn Loose The Swans (still a favourite of mine).

I think I'm leaning towards this as my favourite song From Surgical Steel:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Going to see Watain in December  :punk:

mark20

• junky
Going to see Death in Manchester in November  :punk:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Me and a mate are going to http://www.templesfestival.co.uk/ in May next year.  85 quid a bargain.  ? Neurosis, Electric Wizard and one other headliner to be announced plus AMENRA // ANAAL NATHRAKH // A STORM OF LIGHT // BLOOD CEREMONY // CONAN // DOOM // DOOMRIDERS // DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT // GEHENNA // JUCIFER // MOSS // OATHBREAKER // SATAN’S SATYRS // SSS // THE SECRET // TOMBS // VITAMIN X // WINTERFYLLETH // WOLFBRIGADE and thirty more bands to be confirmed.

Anyone else fancy it?  Would be be great if we could get a group outing together. No tents, in the middle of Bristol's industrial district.  Buy your tickets now!  :punk:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
On a similar note, I'm off to Damnation tomorrow. Anyone else going? I have to leave on time as I'm doing my run the following day.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Standing here watching the Carcass stage being put together. Excited!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Amazing!!!   :punk:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Got my tickets to their Glasgow show on the 14th!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
 :punk: Got nin tickets :punk:
 :2thumbsup: :pissed:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal