UKBouldering.com

Loud N-n-n-n-nnnnoisy Guitar Shizzle [Rock/Metal/Thrash etc] (Read 164948 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

And I've just secured tickets for Mogwai in Manchester in Oct. Equally can't wait. FD, I've pm'd you.

Were Mogwai any good? 

Have followed 'em since Young Team and saw them at Glastonbury around 2004 where they were very loud and very noisy.  Haven't caught much of their newer stuff though so will have to check it out.

andy popp

• forum hero

And I've just secured tickets for Mogwai in Manchester in Oct. Equally can't wait. FD, I've pm'd you.

Were Mogwai any good? 

Have followed 'em since Young Team and saw them at Glastonbury around 2004 where they were very loud and very noisy.  Haven't caught much of their newer stuff though so will have to check it out.

There were all kinds of (domestic) fuck ups and I didn't make it. Gutted.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
Isn't everyone praying for that??  :)

Oh for the heady days of Necroticism - Descanting The Insalubrious. I'm getting all misty eyed with nostalgia. I'm off to listen to Cathedral's ethereal mirror and ND's fear, emptiness depair.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Cathedral's ethereal mirror and ND's fear, emptiness depair.

I never could understand Cathedral, never liked it.  F.E.D. on the other hand.....

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
So what's good at the moment then? I'm still playing ISIS, Mastodon and Slayer when I'm on the mood... anything else worth checking out?

Graeme78

• player
I never could understand Cathedral, never liked it.  F.E.D. on the other hand.....

They were some weird kind of death/doom then lee dorian learnt to sing you get three albums of disco doom and then he went back to his Napalm Death rumblings.

I liked the Carnival Bizarre, the rest of it was just nonsense. I think they were supposed to be the second coming of Black Sabbath or something, but crapper.

Can I include Down with their Nola lp or is that a bit lightweight for this thread? And the Dukes of Nothing War and Wine ep. Motorhead as it was supposed to be.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I mean, what the fuck?

Graeme78

• player
It's funny more than anything really. I mean you could have posted anything up, it's all pretty rediculous.  ;D
I'd forgotten how bad some of it was.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Someone else I'd love to see live:

andy_e

• forum hero
I'm still playing ISIS

One word for you, it's who I've been listening to all week:

Pelican are fucking amazing. Check out Australasia for starters, then their eponymous EP, then March Into The Sea, then all the rest of the stuff. Today I've been listening to the These Arms are Snakes cover of Pelican's Pink Mammoth, which is fuckin' epic to say the least.

any one like refused? one of my favorites.
Who doesn't?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Someone else I'd love to see live:

TICKED!
First proper gig I went to IIRC, saw them at the London Marquee, couldn't hear for 4 days after.

Sound quality aside, that video shows some immense riffage. Word.

andy_e

• forum hero
I'm still playing ISIS

One word for you, it's who I've been listening to all week:

Pelican are fucking amazing. Check out Australasia for starters, then their eponymous EP, then March Into The Sea, then all the rest of the stuff. Today I've been listening to the These Arms are Snakes cover of Pelican's Pink Mammoth, which is fuckin' epic to say the least.

Some links for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_(band)
http://www.myspace.com/pelican

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
So what's good at the moment then? I'm still playing ISIS, Mastodon and Slayer when I'm on the mood... anything else worth checking out?

Check out Jesu if you haven't already. It's Justin Brodericks post godflesh project. If you like Isis you'll like Jesu. I saw them together in Bristol a couple of years back. Check out Pelican too.

andy_e

• forum hero
Sometimes I'll listen to nothing but drum and bass and electronica, but occasionaly I'll spend a couple of weeks at a time listening to nothing but Isis, Pelican, Tool, Jesu, Aereogramme, 65daysofstatic, Idlewild, etc...

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
If any of you are into your stoner rock, then i can recommend this site for beta on upcoming live acts...

http://www.ninehertz.co.uk/

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Thanks Andi and BB.. I have Pelicans 1st EP but not the others so I'll check em out. Jesu I like too but it's an acquired taste like Sun>>0 and I'm after some straight up riffage with drums and lyrics 'n stuff.

andy_e

• forum hero
Ah, how could I forget earthtone9? A small band from Milton Keynes or something, they had 3 albums, all of which are amazing, but ArcTanGent is my favourite by far.

probably http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthtone9 or something similar

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
I'm after some straight up riffage with drums and lyrics 'n stuff.

Try Sleep (sleep's holy mountain), high on fire (blessed black wings) and Monster Magnet (Monolithic baby, dopes to infinity).

Monster Magnet are my personal fave from that list. Awesome, psychadelic, stoner, space rock.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Ace... I'll check 'em out.  I have a MM album but can't remember the name and you're right they rock.

andy_e

• forum hero
This week, oi arrve been mostly listnin' to...

Amusement Parks on Fire- epic, that's all i need to say.

Small Brown Bike- not listened much but i've got started with them, they seem ace so far...

chappers

• forum hero
Ah, how could I forget earthtone9? A small band from Milton Keynes or something, they had 3 albums, all of which are amazing, but ArcTanGent is my favourite by far.

probably http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthtone9 or something similar

good call, i managed to see them about 10 times during their short stint. fucking brutal. the singer had huge tattoos, a beard and was once dressed in only cling film.

chappers

• forum hero
i dont know where this would fit, but some of you may be interested to check out my friends HOT bONE. look for their myspace or facebook or something.
they provide an interesting listen and are very intense.

andy_e

• forum hero
#172 !
February 06, 2009, 01:14:57 pm
Oi chappers! Our mutual favourite band 65daysofstatic are touring with Amusement Parks on Fire in the next few months -YYFY!

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
I've been rooting through some old cds and have embarked on a voyage into some serious stoner rock. The following are old but highly recommended:

Bonzilla - apogee
Sleep - sleep's holy mountain
Electric wizard - Dopethrone

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Just found a couple more death metal CDs that have tickled my fancy:

All Shall Perish - The Price Of Existence:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Price-Existence-All-Shall-Perish/dp/B000G75AEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1244371259&sr=1-1

(also quite tempted by their slightly cruder and more brutal Hate Malice Revenge (which sounds quite a lot like Baphomet, no bad thing):
http://www.amazon.com/Hate-Malice-Revenge/dp/B000QZVA6M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1244369659&sr=8-2 )

Kataklysm - In The Arms Of Devastation:
http://www.amazon.com/Arms-Devastation-Kataklysm/dp/B000CSULU4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1244369966&sr=8-7

:bounce:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal