UKBouldering.com

2 Technics SL1210 Mk2 decks and Pioneer DJM-500 mixer (Read 8901 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Just guaging interest really - they need a bit of polishing and the pitch fader replacing in one of them.

The decks have been well used but are in perfect working order.

They have played everywhere from the old Foundry parties, the Halcyon bar, the Arches, a beach in Anglesey and at many parties around Sheffield. They have been used by such ukb heroes as Fatboyslimfast, Falling Down, Dobbin and more :)

I'm sad to let them go but needs must.

The mixer is fucking superb - has a few slider knobs missing and last time i used it one of the channels had a faint crackle, but i will sort this out before selling.

Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know - i'd rather they went to somebody from here than onto ebay.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 02:12:50 pm by Bubba »

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Haven't heard of a SL120 before, Googled it and found this...

Is this one?  ;)

They have been used by such ukb heroes as Fatboyslimfast, Falling Down, Dobbin and more :)
Does this add or detract from their value?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
twat :lol: - have edited accordingly.

Of course it adds to their value, what are you saying? :)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Ok, these have got to go now - £450 and they're yours - don't offer less please coz I know i can get that on ebay (but with more hassle obviously)

Video to show them working - don't laugh at my mixing, i've not touched the decks for 3 years :)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
If I had a monkey to spare I'd take your hand off . . .

I think it would be unforgivable of you to sell this kit w/ out fashioning us w/ a Long Distance Clara & The Keep on Truckin' Crew @ The Wheels of Steel mix for the techno thread, bitte.

:great:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I'll be doing plenty more mixing once I sell the decks, vinyl and get my Torq Xponent :)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Have you loaded up your vinyl on to the discogs markplace?

www.discogs.com     Good place to buy and sell.

Try www.littledetroit.net too as a place to flog your stuff.  They have a "for sale" forum.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I've looked at it but I think it would take years to sell all my vinyl one at a time. I think i'll probably seperate it into genres and sell it in lots like that.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

I've looked at it but I think it would take years to sell all my vinyl one at a time. I think i'll probably seperate it into genres and sell it in lots like that.

Probably telling you to suck eggs, but it would be worthwhile checking if anything is of value and selling those individually.

Am tempted by the decks & mixer, as I've played on friends decks before, but due to imminent unemployment will have to pass.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Yeah, there are definitely a few things that will be better to sell on their own.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Separating them into labels could work.  Appeal to completists/collectors.

Don't gift yourself away Bubs.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Do you have a list of what you want to sell (pdf?) and a paypal account to make it simple for buyers?  I could up to a forum or two that maybe you don't use/know about.  Spread the word etc..

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I've got to record them all first! But when i've done that (about 2011 ;) ) I'll send a list your way - thanks!

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I'd be interested in that list as well Bubba  :)

andy_e

• forum hero
Nice decks, if a little dusty! I've recently started mixing- it's great fun! Not that I'm much good yet...

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Stick with it fella, you cant beat pulling off a blinding mix, even if theres nobody else in the room!!!!

andy_e

• forum hero
yeah- that feeling you get from blending two tunes together seemlessly- almost as good as that feeling you get when you flash a boulder problem in a beautiful style! If i do a good mix I usually just end up getting complacent and fucking the next mix up though...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Good point, they do look extra dusty in the pics - probably the flash making it more obvious; i'll de-dust and re-photo.

With beat-mixing, you need to put some hours in to get your ear fine-tuned. If you're spending half the time adjusting the speeds (like i am in that vid - woefully out of practice!) then you can't really concentrate on the mixing properly. When you've been doing it a while, you'll be able to get a beat match quickly that should more or less sit in time whilst you concentrate on the music. It's even more important if you ever play on a big soundsystem - even if you've got monitors it can be really hard to hear your mix sometimes so you need to be confident you've got it right.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
When I shared a house with a couple of mates we had a nightclub in the cellar. Decks, seating, laminate floor, glitter ball, strobe, bubble machine, bar the lot. We all got that into mixing that generally when we went out we'd leave the club early and get everyone back to ours for marathon sessions in the cellar. The good thing about learning on those decks was that they were really shit so if you could play on them then playing out on a decent set of Technics with a quality mixer was a piece of piss. As Golt says, even playing to yourself is fucking good fun and seeing people actually dancing to what you're playing is a right buzz. Unfortunately I have neither time nor space for decks now or else I'd take those off your hands Bubba.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
When I shared a house with a couple of mates we had a nightclub in the cellar. Decks, seating, laminate floor, glitter ball, strobe, bubble machine, bar the lot. We all got that into mixing that generally when we went out we'd leave the club early and get everyone back to ours for marathon sessions in the cellar. The good thing about learning on those decks was that they were really shit so if you could play on them then playing out on a decent set of Technics with a quality mixer was a piece of piss. As Golt says, even playing to yourself is fucking good fun and seeing people actually dancing to what you're playing is a right buzz. Unfortunately I have neither time nor space for decks now or else I'd take those off your hands Bubba.

Boyband-Pete did a fine job of soundproofing that cellar. I miss those nights  :'(

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
This is an important moment - Bubba the king of the Foundry raves is selling his decks. Actually, Skinny Vinny might have been king, although he couldnt mix to save his life, he got everyone pumped up with his er, energetic style. I wish I had taken a line out of the decks and recorded summat.

Makes me think I really should sell mine. I dont use them, have no intention of doing and they take up loads of room. Better have a look at the computerised alternatives first perhaps...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
:lol: Vinny used to scare people with his rather unrelenting style.

Check out the Dobbin - there were teething problems with early ones but apparantly they're much better now. It's quite cheap and looks like a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:23:46 pm by Bubba, Reason: corrected link »

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Actually, Skinny Vinny might have been king, although he couldnt mix to save his life.....

You can say that again. I remember the very first Foundry party when I had just finished my set and there were a few people asking for my number for parties so I grabbed this bit of paper and ripped it into strips so I could write it down.  Vincent turns up saying 'Where's my set list?' and then goes deathly pale when he sees I've shredded it. Little did I know that he had even written down pitch settings for each tune. I said to him 'What's the problem?' and he goes 'Bbbbbut it had my settings and everything on' and I said 'If you need anything written down you shouldn't even be here' which was probably cruel but true. 

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
That's a great tale.

Reminds me of the time I roached away a RTN ticket from Dubai to Hamburg (no, really).  Luckily I worked past the flight date and the firm had to re-buy anyway . . .

:-[

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

All sold :)

Got just short of £400 which considering their age is pretty good going.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal