UKBouldering.com

Shine On (Read 2071 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Shine On
October 23, 2007, 10:12:50 pm
Right then all you highballers, topropers and/or onsight beasts.. what sort of boulder grade are we talking?
Feeling optimistic about my climbing this winter so thinking of onsight/flash targets for the coming grit season, especially after actually maybe training this winter now i'm in sheffield..
Any similar route/problem recommendations to practice and/or assess whether i'd be ready when the time comes?

[Sorry to those who read ukc too as I've shamelessly posted exactly the same there. More optimistic about a useful reply on here though..]

Banana finger

• addict
  • daft lad
#1 Re: Shine On
October 29, 2007, 02:44:51 pm
Not even been on it or near it myself but i've heard its about 7a+ in boulder terms.......good luck with the onsight!

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#2 Re: Shine On
October 29, 2007, 06:03:12 pm
I can't really remember, but I think it felt around 7B. As I say, it was a few years ago, and I only had 4 goes, which implies that it must have been fairly easy. In fact, I seem to remember it was a lot easier than I was expecting. More of a trusting your feet that simply pulling which may sound strange if you've had a close look. Good luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal