UKBouldering.com

Bouldering at Mount Pilatus, Switzerland (Read 3131 times)

Ackbar

• player
Bouldering at Mount Pilatus, Switzerland
April 25, 2007, 04:55:31 pm
Visited Mount Pilatus by Luzern on the weekend. Just thought I'd post a comment on the bouldering there.

Firstly, I would not recommend going there just for bouldering. The boulders looked good from space (i.e. google maps) but the ones I found were all on sloping ground with poor landings and no really strong lines.

But if you are in the area (it's a really nice walk) and want to hunt for some bouldering, then there is a small area which looked like it could be o.k(ish), although I only climbed one problem.

Basically from Alpnachstad you follow the path up behind the mountain train station for about 2 hours (very steep path) heading towards Pilatus. Eventually you leave the forest and find yourself on a grassy hill where the train tracks come very close to a hut (possibly a train stop?). From around here if you cross into the next valley on the right of the valley you are in (facing up hill) then there is potential bouldering in the forests either side of the valley just above the farm house. The problem I did was a nice traverse across the lip of the shallow cave in the huge rock face on the righthand side of the valley.

But again, the bouldering is not that good as far as I have seen but it's an option. Amazing place though.

Rich........

Ackbar

• player
O.K that didn't work.  Does anyone know how to post photos on here?

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky

[/quote

Looks like you are trying to link to a photo which is in your docs folder. If you upload the photo to something photo bucket you can then link to that.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Do all the problems there require good flexibility, core strength and the ability to hold positions, while listening to ambient music?

And wearing comfortable leggings.

Ackbar

• player
No, but the mountain is haunted by the ghost of Pontius Pilate (which should surely add a few font grades to any problems).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Quite Admirable, Ackbar.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal