UKBouldering.com

white ladder flashpointed (Read 4794 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
white ladder flashpointed
October 16, 2006, 03:25:27 pm
Dan Warren i've been looking at your 8a scorecard. how in the name of god can you flash white ladder sit start and redpoint white ladder stand up? things like this were brought to your attention before and you feigned ignorance then...

god bless 8a.nu

andy_e

• forum hero
#1 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 16, 2006, 03:33:15 pm
What? Have you no common sense?

A sit start adds moves on and therefore he flashed those added-on moves, and did the rest first go, and hence flashed the problem which is white ladder sit start...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 09:34:26 am
think about it.....      :rtfm:

(woz)

• forum abuser
#3 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 12:56:31 pm
Dan Warren i've been looking at your 8a scorecard. how in the name of god can you flash white ladder sit start and redpoint white ladder stand up? things like this were brought to your attention before and you feigned ignorance then...

Firstly I would like to apologise as I get the impression that this has irritated you somewhat. What I was trying to record (for my own personal 8a gratification etc etc) was that I took several goes to do the stand up and then did the sit start first go. I personally wouldnt have claimed this as a flash before the thread about powerband/staminaband with Garth Miller. I may be wrong but I thought that the conclusion was that you could 'flash' staminaband after climbing powerband. I agree that it is a little different with white ladder as the sitter only adds a couple of easier moves, but essentially it is the same scenario.
As for feigning ignorance, I'm not sure what you mean. You may be getting me confused with Dave Mason who didn't know what onsight meant - which is perfectly reasonable and not that hard to accept when you realise that Dave spent the majority of his first few years climbing indoors, away from mags/guidebooks/8a.nu.
I think that I have a fairly good grasp of the various terms, apart from the issue in question. Hopefully people will post up their opinions and I can update my card accordingly.

Thinking about it, my vote would probably go for it not being a flash, but perhaps we could have a new term, like "redflashpointed", or a "yorkshire flash"

Anyway, I enjoyed your problem - Its my new favourite on Minus 10.
Dan

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#4 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 01:11:27 pm
I may be wrong but I thought that the conclusion was that you could 'flash' staminaband after climbing powerband.

http://www.8a.nu/site2/?IncPage=http://www.8a.nu/cgi-bin/scorecard/show.cgi?view=4373&page=2

According to his scorecard, Garth flashed staminaband and onsighted powerband. There was no redpointing involved. As far as I can see this just means he did them both in the same go, but had beta for the staminaband section, and then claimed powerband as an onsight in itself as he had no beta for that section.

But anyway, very nice of you to reply to Dense's rant. I'm consistently amazed that people do. ;)

It is a good problem though. Wish I could figure out how to do the top move.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#5 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 03:56:06 pm
ah, I assumed that he had onsighted powerband, and then done staminaband first go afterwards - claiming the flash.
As for the last move, you should be able to do that if you can get that far as it isn't the crux. I used a high outside right foothold (about 1ft above the break) and reached up for the jug.

r-man

• forum hero
#6 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 04:08:37 pm
ah, I assumed that he had onsighted powerband, and then done staminaband first go afterwards - claiming the flash.
As for the last move, you should be able to do that if you can get that far as it isn't the crux. I used a high outside right foothold (about 1ft above the break) and reached up for the jug.

Intriguing. Was doing the first part easily enough, but the next move looked like a bit of a leap, and I could never figure out where to put my feet. Gave up after splitting my tip (a few times), but that beta sounds like it may be worth a go...

a dense loner

• forum hero
#7 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 05:41:30 pm
But anyway, very nice of you to reply to Dense's rant. I'm consistently amazed that people do.

you r-man are a cock just like your other half andi_e. people probably reply to me since i don't usually post utter drivel about lists etc.

cheers for the reply dan, yes i was getting you confused with david mason at first but then assumed you would know what i was referring to, obviously i wouldn't have bothered bringing it up if it was any other problem :ang:

Paul B

• forum hero
#8 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 05:47:41 pm
 :spank:
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=dense&word2=andi_e

dense and andi_e.. this place wouldnt be the same without you!

r-man

• forum hero
#9 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 17, 2006, 06:48:39 pm
you r-man are a cock just like your other half andi_e.

You always bring a little sunshine into my life. Thankyou. ;D

i don't usually post utter drivel

Of course not.  ::)

andy_e

• forum hero
#10 Re: white ladder flashpointed
October 18, 2006, 06:36:56 pm
you r-man are a cock just like your other half andi_e.

Love you too hunny  :kiss1:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal