UKBouldering.com

how to rip real player streaming clips off bleau.info (Read 19909 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
any one got any beta. want to save them and put them on my phone for when I'm out there incase I need beta for whatevers going on the ticklist for the font trip.
Thanks

Rice Boy

• stalker
No idea but I recon in 50 years you'll be able to project the video at scale on the rock, watch the clip, claim the ascent and be back in the gite by lunch.

village idiot

I searched high and low for a way to do this, for my last font trip, but couldnt find anything.  In the end i jus played the videos full screen in real player and videoed it with my phone.  Was still clear enough for a bit of beta-cheating!!

Paul B

• forum hero
ive done this on other website, have you searched in your temp files or anything of the correct format? see what comes up.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Ok so this is pretty geeky, but I've been wondering how to do this for a while, and just worked it out!

You need this thing http://r7cproj.euro.ru/ucfrtc11.zip

Don't worry, doesn't seem to have any malware etc.

Run R7C.exe, it doesn't need to install, it just runs.

Right now you need the location of the Real Video stream, which the video playing, right click and 'play in Real Player', then in Real Player hit CTRL+I (or FILE-CLIP PROPERTIES-VIEW CLIP INFO)

Copy the location for example ' '

Paste this into the 'URL' box in Realtime Convertor

Chose an output location by pressing the --- button.

Hit GO and you'll be asked to pick a codec. Depending on what you want to play it(eg. phone/pda etc) on you may need to have a bit of a play with various codecs.

If you don't have many codecs on your machine the ever useful Edske's Mega may come in useful http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

BINGO, local copy of Real Video! HURRAH!

[You have to be quite geeky to realise this isn't a very easy thing to do]  :oops:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
hurray for obi-wan. king of the geeks.
I'll get you a pint or 2 next time I see you mate
thanks again

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
also, which codec do I need to get it to play on my N73, its got real and flash player on it.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Right, with a bit more playing, I found this http://www.filepedia.com/video_software/video_encoders/mpegable_x4_live.cfm
Doesn't seem to work directly from Real Media streams so you'll probably have to still do part 1 first, then bung the AVI file into this and out pops a .3GP file which should play on most phones. Have a play with the settings and you should get it playing full screen on your phone. (Probably either the Nokia or 'mobile devices' settings are most likely to work)

This is a demo version but it only seems to give a spoiler in the corner which I could live with. Not sure if it is time or use limited.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Nice one obi, have some waddage

grimer

• forum hero
And can you do the same to record Listen Again audio stuff from BBC radio?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I've used Total Recorder for BBC feeds.

There's also various software packages that will record RM and WM feeds, eg: http://www.wmrecorder.com/index.php

grimer

• forum hero
er, that appears to cost fifty dollars. Is there a free one?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Just search the p2p networks - you can find anything.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
after reading this I decided to revisit the perennial problem of wanting to record the essential mix off radio1's listen again problem. I did get it to work (with a lot of faff) using something called streamboxVCR. Now this was years ago and involved a lot of fannying around. Using bub's tip of wmrecorder (this is a good product!) I managed to bully radio1 into letting me download the RM file. RM is no use to man nor beast so I used DBpoweramp to convert to WAV and then LAME to get back to MP3. its clunky as an end to end solution, but it does work well. This weeks essential mix is ace by the way - tom stephan.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Dobbin, it's probably easier to get them from www.themixingbowl.org

What sort of quality did you end up with?

I wonder if the best way would be to record them on Sky+, then record them onto DV tape from there, then rip the audio from DV tape? Fuck it, I'll just use the mixingbowl!

grimer

• forum hero
Well, that's exactly what I want it for. Just tried the mixing bowl and says it's full.

Just, the point is, if you're a bit of a computer retard like me, it doesn't take much to throw you off the track. That blog seemed useful, soapy, but was still a bit above me.

So, talk down to me here, Bubba. Can i just get WMRecorder off Limewire. And if so, is it safe and easy to install?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

You might find WMR on limewire, but I don't use Limewire so can't be sure.

Download it, then virus/trojan/etc scan it before installing.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Bit torrent seems to be more reliable these days Grimmer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

This site has lots of place to get files from

www.torrents.to

.....and this is a good client

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

Hope it 'elps

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
further tips here:

you can also do this using streambox

this program directly copies the stream so you don't need to worry about other audio interferring. It also comes with a ripper program that you can use to convert the real audio to mp3 or wav.

the only slightly tricky thing with this is that you have to look at the bbc webpages source to find a stream URL's but it becomes much easier once you've done it a couple of times and know what you are looking for but there is a little tutorial on doing this at http://p069.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxv...picID=78.topic

If you have realplayer 10 installed you will need to follow the instructions here to get it to work

there is a help forum at http://p069.ezboard.com/bstreemeboxvcr for help/

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
thats the good bit about wmrecorder, it sits as a proxy and catches traffic destined for the rtsp ports so you dont have to work out where the stream is, you just surf to it and it finds the URL for you. too cool!

as for quality, thats a good point - I havent listened to it back yet. I will have to be careful to make sure I get the right bit rate or else I will have transcoded (meaning I encode at a higher bit rate than the source file was originally).

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
succesfully ripped real clips off bleau.info. what a doddle using wm (rm) recoder. just need to do some playing about to get it to play on my phone properly
fonts going down this year with all this beta to hand  ;D

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
right, I can't get em to play on my phone. What I need is a super geek with the knowledge to pass on to me.
I have the clips ripped onto hard drive. I have a Nokia N73 with S60 version3 and real player on it. I am downloading helix realproducer 10 to hopefully change the clips frame rates etc to get it to play on the phone. I don't want to convert to another format as I will lose too much quality although I know how to do this already as a last resort. someone please drop the knowledge... please

Help me Obi-wan.... your my only hope

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
could it be the size of the frame? whats max res of your phone? I've had problems where the framesize (and rate) is greater than that the phone can cope with.

Currently, in a worrying display of stalker esque behaviour I have James doing that roof thing on my phone. Its all for beta honest.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
i suppose you've looked at number 84 on this list?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal