UKBouldering.com

how to rip real player streaming clips off bleau.info (Read 19907 times)

cofe

• forum hero
i'm using super. Apple iPod>H.264.AAC etc

the downloaded real files are blocky a bit before i convert them. maybe a setting in WMR? i also get green screen when i just try and watch them normal at bleau.info - am i missing a codec or some shit?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
try searching for the specific specs for your particular ipod.
If they are blocky to start then they will be blocky to finish (ie you can't polish a turd, its still a turd)
Have you got real player installed? you must have to play them. Perhaps uninstalling and then a re-install of latest version, that should sort that (don't forget to reboot).
WMR will rip the exact file, so that'll be exactly how it would look on bleau.info

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
To spave a lot of space, its probably worth disabling the audio and having the video on minimum bitrate as I don't recon you'd notice the difference of having a higher bitrate. I don't on my 320x240 phone screen

cofe

• forum hero
realplayer is a bit unstable. they play fine on the web but are a bit blocky once downloaded. i had thought about disabling audio, unless it's worth knowing at which point to power scream. i'll try re-installing realplayer etc but i think i'm getting there now. the ones i've got are good enough for beta.

account_inactive

• forum hero
As an aside, this works well for youtube downloads

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Have downloaded super, not really understood it though. Trying to create video files for phone/ sony 'ipod' thing.

It doesn't work with the swf files off the old UKB gallery. Any ideas?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
what do you mean by it doesn't work, does it not convert the files or can't you play the converted files?

You need to convert to the correct settings (ie screen size, fps and bitrate etc) using the correct codecs for a particular device.
What are you converting btw?

cofe

• forum hero
As an aside, this works well for youtube downloads

can't get it to work with youtube, any ideas?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
I downloaded the new real player, When you launch it for the first time, there is an option the check, somthing like, enable downloads. Check it

then everytime you see a video on the web, you can download it straight to your library, i have no problems with this yet, sometimes files on bleau have been coded to stop you downloading them, but youtube, you can download the lot.

Then just get a converter bit of software, and hey presto, you can have youtube, bleau, on your phone, ipod, or whatever you like to stick them on,

KH

• addict
Just been using the updated real player to download videos from bleau.info.  It seems to work pretty well and is really easy.  Here's the link to update your real player versions.

http://uk.real.com/player/more

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I use the Download Helper firefox extension.

Just right-click on the page and select the file to download from the context menu.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Can't stand real player, I use real alternative codec to watch real content. Still using wm recorder myself to download stuff

KH

• addict
which version of WMR are you using?
I found some of the earlier ones to be a pain in the arse. Also I think you may need to set it up to rip real player files
I think I am using this version (torrent link)

Jim, how do you download this?

My earlier advice on the realplayer was shit.  The files download as .ivr files which cannot be converted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal