UKBouldering.com

Dreams... (Read 78150 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#125 Re: Dreams...
May 21, 2008, 08:41:47 am
my favourite breed of dog.  In German: Mops.  English:  Pug/Ethel from Eastenders dog.  (They're so cute!) 

:o  :spank:

You poor, sick man. Get help.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#126 Re: Dreams...
May 21, 2008, 09:35:59 am
Well I'm a cat man but they are lovely and sweet-natured, look, twins!

webbo

• forum hero
#127 Re: Dreams...
May 21, 2008, 10:41:52 am
never having met you i'm left wondering is it true about dog owners looking like their dogs.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#128 Re: Dreams...
May 21, 2008, 12:12:05 pm
Alas we have no dogs or cats, just a very grumpy hamster (which I threaten to kill daily, in the hope that he hears me, understands, and dies prematurely).

In an ideal world I favour the menagerie: 

1 ~ Chocolate Dobermans (pair of w/ tails).  Failing that, Bavarian Mountain Hounds (pair of).
2 ~ A Pug in either black or brown/beige (purely for laughs).
3 ~ Cat, silver tabby (must be female).
4 ~ A short-haired hamster (must be female).
5 ~ A lake of large carp and tench.
6 ~ Bees (approx. 100,000).
7 ~ A Raven to scare children.
8 ~ Squirrels (red).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#129 Re: Dreams...
May 21, 2008, 02:58:21 pm
How many hives for those bees?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#130 Re: Dreams...
May 21, 2008, 03:06:23 pm
Four.

Duma

• forum hero
#131 Re: Dreams...
May 23, 2008, 06:53:27 pm
Yesterday WTI broke $135.
Last night I had a nightmare (I kid you not, woke up shaking & sweating and everything) that it had surged to $379 (weird how the exact figure stays with me) and I couldn't afford to get to work (It's a 75 mile round trip).

I need a life.

SteveM

• stalker
  • I feel the need for speed
    • bad-altitude
#132 Re: Dreams...
June 03, 2008, 01:37:32 pm

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#133 Re: Dreams...
June 03, 2008, 01:41:50 pm
yesterday i dreamt i got fired and couldn't afford anything, and woke up screaming.....

YES YES FUCKING YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#134 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 12:53:08 pm
last night:
i have just robbed a bank, and am escaping. chased by policemen, i hide into a building but get stuck in the stairs. with policemen blocking the exit i say that i have a bomb and will blow everything up, so they let me pass and i run down the stair, and out in the street. they think they're going to catch me, but outside, in a white ford mustang cabrio with engine on, there's jerry moffatt, waiting for me. bye bye police.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#135 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 02:09:31 pm
The other night I dreamed I was trying to climb in a pair of those shit sanuk shoes

Really frustrating beacuse I couldn't stand on anything, the shoes kept falling apart and I had to fix them with bits of string.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#136 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 02:23:28 pm
last night:
i have just robbed a bank, and am escaping. chased by policemen, i hide into a building but get stuck in the stairs. with policemen blocking the exit i say that i have a bomb and will blow everything up, so they let me pass and i run down the stair, and out in the street. they think they're going to catch me, but outside, in a white ford mustang cabrio with engine on, there's jerry moffatt, waiting for me. bye bye police.

How can you be sure it was Jerry and not Le Sausage?

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#137 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 03:13:22 pm
i never mistake my heroes with my lovers.
 8)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#139 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 03:55:52 pm
It is rather good.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#140 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 05:33:40 pm
And apt.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#141 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 06:57:39 pm
Yesterday WTI broke $135.
Last night I had a nightmare (I kid you not, woke up shaking & sweating and everything) that it had surged to $379...

I will remember that and from this point forward $379 per boe shall be known as the Duma point...

SA Chris

• forum hero
#142 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 09:59:04 pm
Are you in Indo FD?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#143 Re: Dreams...
June 06, 2008, 10:02:17 pm
Nope. Got back 5 days ago, just waiting for all the photo's to come through before posting a trip report.  Had a great time. Coincidentally, the dreams have been mad since coming back with a crazy jetlag/virus combo....

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#144 Re: Dreams...
June 07, 2008, 10:45:53 pm
Had 2 weeks worth of highly bizarre dreams/nightmares.

The other night, I was in a hospital at a newly opened 'palliative ward'. For some reason I was walking around with a consultant who was telling me the case history of each individual (terminally ill) patient. For some stupid, insensitive fucking reason, I was simply telling each one of them to "Smile!" to which a typical response was "but I'm dying, I'm not in the mood for smiling". "Sorry" I would say to each of them and move onto the next patient. This horrible ordeal went on for what seemed like an eternity.

Horrible. I'm not such a cunt in everyday life by the way!

Cookie

• regular
#145 Re: Dreams...
June 07, 2008, 11:01:59 pm
I'd been having regular nightmares for the past month or so, and last night I had my first pleasant dream in ages.

The nightmares had all been on a similar theme, where I was running around a massive building (a school or a hospital, sometimes a hotel or youth hostel, once a cruise ship) urgently trying to get somewhere because I was running late.  I never knew where I was going but I was always lost.  And then I'd always end up in a bathroom, and decide to either use the toilet or have a wash, but be unable to because the place was overflowing in blood or faeces or vomit.  And I'd get covered in all this, then people would walk in and see me, but speak to me as though everything was totally normal.  Then I'd run about again, covered in blood and faeces and vomit.

Anyway, last night I dreamed that my parents, brother and I were all living back at home again, and that my brother turned his old bedroom (which was in the roof and had slopy ceilings) into a massive climbing wall.  I'm normally a careful and methodical climber but in the dream I was swinging from hold to hold like a little monkey.  I could even use the campus board without difficulty (a dream which will never come true!)  There was also amaretto involved in the dream, but I'm not sure where that fitted in.

Anyway, it was good to have a pleasant dream for a change.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#146 Re: Dreams...
June 09, 2008, 02:36:27 pm
I had a very vivid dream last night where I onsighted a 7b in Font - I can still remember the moves even though it is not a piece of rock that I have seen in real life. A local pointed out the problem to me and Jasper and explained the moves. From sitting, I held the first hold which was wet and felt a bit gritty (very vivid feeling/sensation) I didn't have my chalkbag on and didn't expect to be doing anything other than just feeling the hold. At first it felt impossible to pull on, but after placing my feet I managed to lift my arse off the floor - the local guy said the other footholds were better, but I felt good on the ones that I had chosen. Just to see what the first move might be like, I pulled up and snatched both hands to the next two edges which were also wet and gritty, my feet stayed on despite my being at full tiptoes stretch. Again it felt like I could barley stay on, but soon this feeling subsided and I felt very comfortable. The local guy pointed out the next hold and told me to go to it with main gauche - I crossed over with my right and held the poor sloper just above the sugested hold - again at full stretch and again wet and gritty. Feet came off in a controlled way with no swing and I locked off on the sloper (virtually doing a one arm pull up, with little assistance from the left hand). Left hand went up to another poor, wet and gritty sloper next to a positive pocket which I couldn't quite reach and decided not to use as I was enjoying the problem as it was going. Anyway, I pulled up on the two holds and managed to get my foot onto the lower hold, stand up and slap wildly for the finishing jug - which I hit and held easily. Topping out was easy. The local guy was whooping and cheering and I had a discussion with Jasper about how it couldn't possibly be 7b if I could on sight it when it is wet.
Jasper looked it up in the off piste guide and confirmed that it was indeed 7b. He tried it a few times and kept falling off the bit where i got my foot onto the lower sloper - for some reason the local guy kept insisting on moving the mats, which meant that jasper kept missing them when he jumped/fell off - this pissed us off so we left to go buy beer and veal burgers. So vivid it feels like a real memory.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#147 Re: Dreams...
June 09, 2008, 03:19:31 pm
I reckon that fish must have been contaminated.

With LSD.

BenF

• forum hero
#148 Re: Dreams...
June 09, 2008, 04:00:14 pm
Had 2 weeks worth of highly bizarre dreams/nightmares.

The other night, I was in a hospital at a newly opened 'palliative ward'. For some reason I was walking around with a consultant who was telling me the case history of each individual (terminally ill) patient. For some stupid, insensitive fucking reason, I was simply telling each one of them to "Smile!" to which a typical response was "but I'm dying, I'm not in the mood for smiling". "Sorry" I would say to each of them and move onto the next patient. This horrible ordeal went on for what seemed like an eternity.

Horrible. I'm not such a cunt in everyday life by the way!

No.  Not quite.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#149 Re: Dreams...
June 09, 2008, 04:05:33 pm
He tried it a few times and kept falling off the bit where i got my foot onto the lower sloper - for some reason the local guy kept insisting on moving the mats, which meant that jasper kept missing them when he jumped/fell off

Insert crap "in your dreams" type joke here.  ;)

At least your only (current) fantasies about me are of burning me off. I feel reassured.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal