UKBouldering.com

Dreams... (Read 78141 times)

webbo

• forum hero
#75 Re: Dreams...
December 20, 2006, 08:31:50 am
Sometimes I think I should see a psychiatrist.....

to be honest im following a psycotherapy since 2000, and dreams have a great part in it. but their interpretation is valid for therapy and cure only inside the psychiatric setting, nowhere and never else.

having dabled in psychiatry for the last 20 years.i would say the validity of dreams depends on which school of psychiatry you follow.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#76 Re: Dreams...
December 20, 2006, 08:56:27 am
yup dreams depend on the analyst, even some Freudians think they are worthless.

lucid dreaming seems interesting, the concept of controlling your dreams

webbo

• forum hero
#77 Re: Dreams...
December 20, 2006, 09:11:22 am
and some psycotherapists belive freudians are worthless. :whistle:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#78 Re: Dreams...
December 20, 2006, 01:25:29 pm
and some psycotherapists belive freudians are worthless. :whistle:

tell me more about that.

we reckon the validity of dreams lies in the fact that they are not filtered by conscience/rationality. its the not-conscious that freud thought he had discovered, while clearly he never discovered nor studied the not-conscious.

webbo

• forum hero
#79 Re: Dreams...
December 20, 2006, 02:54:59 pm
freud thought he'd discovered the answer to neuroses but in actual fact he'd uncovered child abuse in polite swiss society.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#80 Re: Dreams...
December 20, 2006, 03:04:20 pm
 :)

andy_e

• forum hero
#81 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 01:58:11 pm
I had a bizarre dream last night, I was at a mate's house and I found cocaine in my pocket, and all my mates took it but I was too scared to, weird eh? I've never (and I never will) take any hard drugs, so I wonder if it reflects that, or what?

Crazy.

north_country_boy

• junky
#82 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 02:09:56 pm
I had a bizarre dream last night, I was at a mate's house and I found cocaine in my pocket, and all my mates took it but I was too scared to, weird eh? I've never (and I never will) take any hard drugs, so I wonder if it reflects that, or what?

Crazy.

I struggle to believe that in ten years time you will be able to say you stuck to taht statement!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#83 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 02:18:19 pm
 Cocaine is far from being a 'hard' drug by any criteria. Unless you're smoking it as crack I suppose

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#84 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 03:45:06 pm
Don't you know they are all steps to the same end?
Only the steps don't go up, they go down, and as soon as you take the first one, they swivel and turn into a very slippery slide.
At the bottom is hell.
So think on.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#85 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 04:06:10 pm
Yeh. Stay clean, kids! M'kay.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#86 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 04:10:22 pm
Don't you know they are all steps to the same end?
Only the steps don't go up, they go down, and as soon as you take the first one, they swivel and turn into a very slippery slide.
At the bottom is hell.
So think on.

I'm going to have nightmares now.  Nasty scary man.   :'(

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#87 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 10:15:42 pm
The next thing you know you are hooked on Joss Ackland's Spunky Backpack.    8) be good kids

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#88 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 10:17:17 pm
I heard that one kid cried all the water out of his body.  It's a f**king disgrace.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#89 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 10:23:17 pm
Its a crying shame....

The Daily Mirror headline - "Last one on drugs is a Queer" yells Portillo."

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#90 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 10:26:11 pm
Just remember:
Fact x Importance = News
Fact Into Doubt Won't Go

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#91 Re: Dreams...
February 16, 2007, 10:36:43 pm
I once dreamed I was racing Diplodocus' down a mine shaft. I was absurdly happy for a fortnight.  :great:

Probably some sublimated bumhole tendencies though.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#92 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 12:05:06 am
I haven't had a toot for weeks and weeks.  Insomnia usually plagues me  - too much brain activity/mentalism.  I'm gonna eat some cheese - there are at least 6 types in the fridge (no blue, mind) and see what happens . . .

andy_e

• forum hero
#93 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 12:13:25 am
I once dreamt i engaged in sexual activites with all the girls on my course... weird.

webbo

• forum hero
#94 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 08:22:43 am
was that a day dream.

andy_e

• forum hero
#95 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 09:18:02 am
I'm good, but I'm not that good...  :boohoo:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#96 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 09:21:43 am
I often remember my dreams in quite a lot of detail - there are often several sub plots linked together in warped dreamlogic developments and the detail (what the scenery/people look like) is sometimes very vivid and memorable.
I have a number of recurrent dreams that are accompanied by very realistic physical and emotional feelings that leave me wondering, when I wake up, whether they have really happened - teeth falling out (painlessly) and my hair growing back (been bald for 15 years) are very convincing and neither upsetting or elating, just well... interesting. On waking up I have to check to confirm that they were dreams.
I have one arm pull up dreams (like Kurt talks about in The Real Thing) where I find myself doing loads of one armers without needing to rest or getting tired - in fact they get easier the more I do. These are very realistic and I wake up with my shoulder (rear deltoid) feeling sort of warm and fuzzy. These started when I first started to be able to do one armers (never more than 3 reps btw)- which always felt a bit surreal even in real life. These one arm dreams always leave me feeling quite happy and optimistic. The last one (few days ago) developed into my doing one arm sideways lever pullups off an RSJ and seeing how far I could reach with my free hand, while cheerful steel erectors installed another beam at the limit of my reach (this being the best way to guarantee the optimum distance between structural supports) - felt very real.  
Anyone else, apart from Kurt, get one arm pull up dreams?

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#97 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 09:32:01 am
I'm gonna eat some cheese - there are at least 6 types in the fridge (no blue, mind) and see what happens . . .

They debunked the cheese myth:
Quote from: Dr Judith Bryans, Nutrition Scientist at The Dairy Council
One of the amino acids in cheese – tryptophan – has been shown to reduce stress and induce sleep so cheese may actually help you have a good night’s sleep

Although, apparently different cheeses give you different types of dreams so it could still be an interesting experiment.  :-\

http://www.cheeseboard.co.uk/news.cfm?page_id=240

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#98 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 02:36:42 pm
Ive had a couple of recurring dreams.
#1 Only happened a few times and hasn't happened for ages. Men come to my house to kill me. I see them coming out of my bedroom window. A massive gun battle then ensues with me coming out the rambo-esque winner.

#2 This one is weird. Ive been having it since I was much younger (pre 10) and it has slowly become less common (I think its because I only get it when I need a piss badly). The dream seems to last for aaaaaages but I always wake up well before dawn busting for that piss that I really should have taken before going to beddy bos. I'm not sure how it manages to last so long but its basically me and my mum sitting on the grass making daisy chains (I dont know how to make a daisy chain). I start to feel something strange is happening but I cant really put my finger on what it is. This dream drives me absolutely mad because on waking I can remember it quite vividly and feel like working out what is happening is just inches out of my grasp yet I still cant quite work out. There are certain things I can associate with what is happening though:
1. Something evil is coming.
2. I cant hear anything but I feel a very low pitch noise.
3. The dream feels sharp throughout.
The last 2 of those are pretty bizzare but thats the only way I can really put it down in words. I always wake up in a cold sweat. Its the oddest dream Ive ever had because nothing really feels like it should. The whole dream feels like its sharp and narrow. Not like a knife edge but more like cheese wire. Its one of the most difficult things Ive ever had to describe in words but the whole dream is mostly a feeling with very little visual.

If anyone can tell me what it is that's coming or what the hell is going on I would love to know.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#99 Re: Dreams...
February 01, 2008, 02:46:35 pm

If anyone can tell me what it is that's coming I would love to know.

It's Houdini with a bottle of port.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal