UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 1139342 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I'm not sure I'd like to see the Bonjoy visage powered by speed. The churning goatie, the vibrating eyes, no wonder he followed you into the bogs.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Don't think I had a beard then, but did have long hair and a homemade hat with a magic mushroom embroidered on it. Did always think it would be good to get some UV contact lenses to augment the jelly-eyes at such events.
Google tells me it was June 9th '93.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Pirates...  wasn't half bad, though two or three things curtailed full enjoyment of the flick. 1 - the length, at over 3 hrs you've really got to want to see all of it to get to the end (I, er...  had a crafty 40 winks around the 3/4 mark which set me up well for the last 1/4).  2 - There's almost too much to take in visually; CGI fatigue? (much like LOTR's in this respect).  And 3 - those craaazee Germans - the cinema was over run just before the start by a group of Krauts in full pirate regalia giving it large with Aarrgghhs and other less hilarious piratisms as they tried to sell beer to people who had plenty of time to go to the bar before the picture was due to start (I hope UK audiences may be spared this spectacle).  With the 20 min break the cinema enforced on the audience in the middle of the film (fuck knows why?) I must have been in that bastard cinema 4 1/2 hrs!  I hope Depp kills this one dead - the world doesn't need a fourth Pirates film (unless Keira Knightley gets her kit off, like... :-*)

Oh, I know it's old, but if you haven't seen it yet, L.A. Crash is a boss film.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
did have long hair and a homemade hat with a magic mushroom embroidered on it.

I still wonder why that bouncer followed you?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I watched Hot Fuzz finally last night, excellent film!

And I've sat and watched Mr Washington in De ja vou tonight. Not bad, killed a few hours and was surpisingly good viewing.

I am now however watching Exit Wounds....... Segal!!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Funny you should mention that Golt, my housemates are currently watching Hot Fuzz. Has anyone seen a film called Primer? Made on a budget of £7,000, it's a science based film and I'd like to track it down.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Funny you should mention that Golt, my housemates are currently watching Hot Fuzz. Has anyone seen a film called Primer? Made on a budget of £7,000, it's a science based film and I'd like to track it down.
Yes, I've got it. thought it was excellent
I'm sure I've recomended on his thread previously although am far too lazy to look back and check

chappers

• forum hero
went to see zodiac last night. very good, with some really chilling moments. go see.

Dr T

• forum hero
saw Brick a couple of days ago a brilliant slow burner.....

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Watched shooter last night. No, its not some fetish pr0n film. Was pretty good. Ex marine ace sniper, retires after his partner gets killed. Retreats to live in the middle of nowhere until he gets a knock on the door asking if he can help to protect the president from an assasination attempt. Quite long, 2h 20mins but well watchable government conspiracy blah blah blah.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
The Chumscrubber.

An unusual and at times moving film with a strong cast that had many chances to be shit, but turned out great.  A hard one to describe.  Definitely worth 2 quid at blockbuster, give it a whirl.
watched this last night. Thought it was pretty good, definately worth watching
Thanks for the recomendation

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Not sure if you lot have seen this but I can not wait for this film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=1095451&ch=1266505&cl=2884374&src=ukyvideo

Dr T

• forum hero
Not sure if you lot have seen this but I can not wait for this film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=1095451&ch=1266505&cl=2884374&src=ukyvideo
looks great

I can't wait for this, not intellectual in the slightest but frankly who cares

WOW

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Is he going to wear the same vest?

Dr T

• forum hero
I should think so...

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
went to see fantastic four the rise of gaskins

wasn't really very impressed at all to be honest too much talking and not enough silver surfer kicking ass.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Bit old, but I don't remember anyone mentioning this before - anyone wanting some hilarious post-pub viewing needs to check out R Kelly's magnum opus hip hopera in 12 parts "trapped in the closet". Absolutely brilliant, though not at all in the way he intended I'm sure. Quite how one man can be so out of touch with reality, any notion of cost vs worth, and quite how meagre his talents really are is beyond me. Very funny, and the next ten chapters are due to be released in a couple of weeks. God save us

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
I was unlucky enough to be sent to brighton on a business trip yesterday but as it transpired this coincided with the Bonnie Prince Billy gig also in Brighton. It was a really great gig. He played very strange versions of all the classics, and then the encore was the more traditional sound and ofcourse included the crowd favourite "I see a darkness". Once again, if you haven't heard Will Oldham then either buy it, download it, or go to one of his upcoming shows throughout europe (what's a carbon footprint?).

Also of note is R Kelly's Hip Hopera. I don't know if this has been mentioned before on this thread but I downloaded and listened to all 12 parts lastnight. How much coke and under age sex went into the making of that I have no idea but it was truly inspired in the most horrific yet funny way. It's available on oink or via itunes for those who care. The video to accompany it is also on youtube. Parts 1-5 can be found . Part 6 can be found . Part 7 is . along with , , , , and . Perhaps this should also be posted in the video's thread... be warned. Watching all these will take approximately 40min of your life. It is easily worth it in my opinion.

You missed it in the music thread, but you are correct, this is a modern masterpiece.

Only one typo JB, I think you meant to write "God bless us" at the end.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
R Kelly film awesome. High art at its best. On a similar rapper note, have you seen Coolio in his groundbreaking production Red Water? I somehow ended up watching this recently and quickly ranked it as the best worst film I've ever seen. It's got it all honestly check it out.

Tim Heaton

• addict
I went to see "Water" by Deepa Mehta last night which is about the treatment of widows in India in the 1930's (and according to the film still true to a certain extent today). It is throughly excellent and I would recommend anyone to go and see it. Apparently it is the third in a trilogy of films by the same director based upon life in India after "Fire" and "Earth" and it has inspired me to find the others on DVD.   

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
a heads-up: the Death of Mr Lazarescu is on Film4 on thursday night (12.35 i think).  Very black comedy about a dying man trying to get treatment in hospital.  Not seen it myself but I remember all the critics saying it was the best film at Cannes last year - the traditional "film everyone agrees is the best but doesn't win the major awards".

Review here:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Critic_Review/Guardian_review/0,,1819645,00.html

andy_e

• forum hero
Saw some old films the other day:

12 angry men-  genius! Original, angry, quality!
Shawshank Redemption- Another brilliant film!
The Talented Mr. Ripley- a shit film.

Look at me, aren't I a good reviewer...  :spank:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
I thought The Talented Mr Ripley a decent film, Malkovich does a fine sinister cold bastard - not quite Olivier in Marathon Man but decent enough.  I like sinister cold bastards.

andy_e

• forum hero
I got confused though, and had no idea what was going on half the time. Are you talking about the original or the remake?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
just found this on demonoid

DONT BE A MENACE TO SOUTH CENTRAL WHILE DRINKING YOUR JUICE IN THE HOOD

genius film, not seen for ages

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal