UKBouldering.com

Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar (Read 3748 times)

8A

Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 11, 2006, 12:30:18 pm
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has any info on this route. Would be interested in:

1. English trad grade
2. Bouldering grade for the crux
3. Style of climbing
4. Quality etc

I am guessing the answer is:
1. E7 6c
2. V7
3. dynamic between finger jams
4. dont know

I am just wondering if it is worth the time and effort required to send it.

Cheers

8A

#1 Re: Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 11, 2006, 12:42:39 pm
P.S.

I don't have the Avon and Cheddar guidebook (as I don't like spending money), I would be very appreciative if somebody could type up the description for it. For those who don't know, it is in the quarry.

Cheers

Simon S

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 11, 2006, 01:35:47 pm
 Its E7 6c in the book.
Not sure about the other questions apart from that its very short and some of the grades are not always consistant.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#3 Re: Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 11, 2006, 01:47:57 pm
I am just wondering if it is worth the time and effort required to send it.

::)

8A

#4 Re: Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 11, 2006, 02:36:49 pm
Its E7 6c in the book.
Not sure about the other questions apart from that its very short and some of the grades are not always consistant.

E7 6c? Good, I was worried it might be E7 7a ... Yeah I know tis short. I was there yesterday and had a look but didn't get a chance to get on it... I'm thinking (since Cheddar grades are soft - it is going to be nearer 7c+ than 8a)

8A

#5 Re: Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 12, 2006, 05:28:17 pm
Got on it today. Didn't feel as nails as I thought it would... and that was even without shoes as I forgot to take them (idiot)  :-[

Plus somebody has been on it recently and there are tick marks all over it. Was that somebody on here? If so, cheers! Saved me a lot of time figuring out holds!

Simon S

• menacing presence
#6 Re: Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 13, 2006, 06:44:45 pm
Yeah someone really needs to show some restraint when it comes to marking up the holds. Its getting to be a real mess on some routes.

Totally unnecessary!!

Good work on the route tho-any thoughts on the grade?

8A

#7 Re: Bursting the Wave @ Cheddar
August 15, 2006, 01:32:11 pm
Yeah someone really needs to show some restraint when it comes to marking up the holds. Its getting to be a real mess on some routes.

Totally unnecessary!!

Good work on the route tho-any thoughts on the grade?

Thanks, but just to clarify... i have not sent the route yet! Just in case you thought I had...

Erm, well, having not redpointed I don't feel overly qualified to comment however... I have spent a fair bit of time on the route. I agree with the English 6c tech grade, it may well be E7 simply due to the horrible mantle to finish, but I think it is also equally likely in my view to be hard E6.

With regard to cheddar grades, it is probably getting on for 8a. Probably low in the grade tho. However, I would be surprised if got anything other than soft to mid 7c+ if it were on Portland.

The crux is probably V7.

Get on it, it is great!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal