UKBouldering.com

The Limpet (Read 14675 times)

BenF

• forum hero
#50 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 12:25:18 pm
Ben, Surely the Jonesy Locker and Alabaster Roof have got to be in that list!

I know it should have been on that list, but much to my shame I can't do Jonesy Locker :o  I just can't use that stereo pocket thing.   
Never tried Alabaster Roof; sorry I know you've raved about it, but it's always a bit minging.

There's still at least one major line to go - anybody know what it is?

I'm thinking hard. 

Oh yeah, thanks for the SB beta Simon.  Pretty much what I was trying except that my right heel gets used all the way through.  So I shall try to reduce that element during my next woeful attempt!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:35:24 pm by BenF »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#51 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 12:36:01 pm

How would you describe the smell of cordite?

Like capguns and fireworks, only on a larger scale.

BenF

• forum hero
#52 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 12:37:44 pm
One final comment before I go out on playground duty...

Why do all these people hate Angel Bay exactly?  Come on all you Bay-haters, give some DECENT reasons for your disliking this lovely little venue.

Doylo

• forum hero
#53 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 12:55:29 pm
cos its usually damper than an otter's pocket.

BenF

• forum hero
#54 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 02:34:10 pm
cos its usually damper than an otter's pocket.

No, won't accept that.  When do you go?  At high tide?

Next reason please...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#55 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 03:28:07 pm
b*llocks

Wasn't implying - just curious myself.  Sounds like a good hit; something to get addicted to; something to take over your mind and body.  Something that could change you from

this:

to this.

Come on all you Bay-haters, give some DECENT reasons for your disliking this lovely little venue.

Rock type.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#56 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 04:04:29 pm
it's absolutely shit! waterworn wanky rock where the tide changes the starts of probs. i had to hold off for a couple of days before posting on here. beta for the limpet, the f**king limpet, the photo of it is just offensive never mind anything else. it's absolute w**k. the best prob there prob is si's SB but that's not saying much. anyone for a walk round the cavelike blocks to find the next piece of traversy s**t. oh my god that place is so toss. i would actually pay to keep the scallies in gas and cider just so they can throw rocks at the people that climb down there. have you no morals?

errm, don't really like the place if i'm honest...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#57 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 04:08:45 pm
 Vintage rant sir  :lol:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#58 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 04:14:42 pm
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1815404,00.html
 Puts my 3 inch chunk into perspective. You wouldn't want to catch a glancing blow off this one!! Hope someone catches it on film.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#59 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 04:27:42 pm
 :lol: Very good Dense, have a wad point.

Houdini, get that hideous image off right now, it's making me feel ill.

Ben, forget the heels for SB, you know it makes sense.

As for the Jonesy Locker, there is a sneaky sequence: basically you press down with your right foot on the obvious large foothold on the right and  pull up with your left on an undercut somewhere in the bulge (like a spread out bicycle move, if catch my drift). This means you can hang some really poor holds. I think I did it this way using a sloper with a thumb pinch under neath. Anyway the hand sequence is not the important bit because there is loads of choice. It felt a grade easier doing it this way.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#60 Re: The Limpet
July 07, 2006, 05:02:58 pm
Alps fall = smart!

This is how we get some new boulders, 'bout time too.

EDIT - Oh forgot to say - yeah, I agree, it's photo's like that that would make a guy want to take up photography fast.  I don't like the photo so much I'm never gonna climb that problem, even if I am spiting myself, which I'm not. 

"Look!  I've discovered purest green!"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 05:12:44 pm by Houdini »

BenF

• forum hero
#61 Re: The Limpet
July 10, 2006, 08:19:08 am
it's absolutely shit! waterworn wanky rock where the tide changes the starts of probs. i had to hold off for a couple of days before posting on here. beta for the limpet, the f**king limpet, the photo of it is just offensive never mind anything else. it's absolute w**k. the best prob there prob is si's SB but that's not saying much. anyone for a walk round the cavelike blocks to find the next piece of traversy s**t. oh my god that place is so toss. i would actually pay to keep the scallies in gas and cider just so they can throw rocks at the people that climb down there. have you no morals?

errm, don't really like the place if i'm honest...

Hmmmmm, that's more like it.  Almost coherent reasons there.  I'm still not buying them though.  There's a bit of prejudice coming out from people.  I mean some you people actually like hellholes like Raven Tor, Stoney, Rubicon, Parisella's and even Guerrilla Warfare (on second thoughts, let's not start this one again). 

So, the tide comes in and has worn some of the rock.  Big deal.  Just means you have to pull harder on the smoothness. 
So it's a bit damp.  Doesn't stop Chaos Emerald Crack from being brilliant... when it's dry. 
So the odd problem is a bit traversy...  this is North Wales after all.
So the scallies hang out there...  some of my best mates are scallies.

Okay, the Bay is not Isatis, it's not Earl Crag, but it ain't bad for a little venue stuck on the end of a housing estate.  However it was worth keeping the thread going for two days just for Dense to finally join the club and start ranting.  I like Simon have passed on waddage to you Dense. 

Doylo

• forum hero
#62 Re: The Limpet
July 10, 2006, 01:18:54 pm
Houdini, get that hideous image off right now, it's making me feel ill.

Saying my mums hideous?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal