UKBouldering.com

Warts (Read 9673 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Warts
July 03, 2006, 10:41:01 pm
OK, so not too pleasant a topic this one but fairly self-explanatory...

I've had a wart on the knuckle of my right hand little finger for about a year now, no probs - just got used to it being there really.

However, over the last few months the beggars have cropped up like wildfire, and now I've got three on my right hand and am beginning to get worried about being mistaken for a witch, and ducked in the Thames or some shit.

Is this shit normal? Do they just go away one day? Should I waste the doc's time with this, or what about over the counter bidnezzz?

Cheers in advance,

Tom-mankyhanded-mytwotone

runt

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 12:42:31 am
I love a good wart topic........erm

Your gp should be able to arrange for you to have them frozen off so I hear

Or you could just name them all and grow to like them!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 07:39:20 am
They very rarely go away. I ad one start growing on the end of my thumb, which started affecting my climbing, and got it burned off by my GP. Left a small scar, but I haven't thought of it until you mentioned it now. Get it done, sooner the better. You'll never forget the smell of your own flesh burning.  :)

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 08:10:56 am
Or... Think you can buy DIY home wart freezing kits now... If you're feeling brave!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#4 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 08:29:52 am
 I got hit with a few at uni. Was going to go and have them zapped, but then they all just disapeared of their own accord  :shrug:

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 08:50:07 am
I got hit with a few at uni. Was going to go and have them zapped, but then they all just disapeared of their own accord 

SCIENCE: Your body can fight off a wart virus like any other, but the wart virus walls its-self off so your immune system doesn't notice it. Once it notices one wart it destroys all the others too, so you can have several for years then they can all disappear over a week or so. Aparrantly.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#6 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 09:03:45 am
There are all kinds of treatment for warts, some more pleasant than others.  Some treatments are fiercely expensive, and possibly ineffective.

I favour gritting your teeth and gouging them out when they are small with teethed tweezers - it's crucial to remove every little bit of the root though.  For every 4 warts removed it is likely that 1 will return.

A Dr. may prescribe a zinc oxide/tar based creme, which is effective but the efficacy is slow.

I'm sure you can have them treated, but it's likely you will carry the virus with you forever, vis a vis, Herpes, Genital warts, Fig warts etc..  It's a question of controlling the outbreaks.  Smokers are prone to recurrence more than non-smokers.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 09:09:21 am
I'd like to see you get rid of these with a pair of tweezers:

* aplogies to anyone who was munching their breakfast. There's far worse photos that this around mind
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 09:18:08 am by Bubba »

Duma

• forum hero
#8 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 09:19:44 am
jeez bubba, I'm having breakfast!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#9 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 09:27:07 am
Yum yum Bubba, that surely must be the most delicious looking chopper I ever did see. 

Well, I'd diagnose these as either classic genital warts or fig warts.  Treatment - full castration.  Bar mitsva anyone?

BenF

• forum hero
#10 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 09:40:53 am
 :jaw:

I presume you didn't take that photo yourself Bubba? 

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 09:47:05 am

Thankfully not.

Damn, I just made my eyes bleed with a photo of genital warts that had spread to the anal region. Don't worry, I won't be posting it. 

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#12 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 09:48:49 am
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Genital warts on Toast!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

BenF

• forum hero
#13 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 10:02:50 am
Damn, I just made my eyes bleed with a photo of genital warts that had spread to the anal region. Don't worry, I won't be posting it. 

Thank you.

But I am led to think, what the hell are you doing finding these pictures on the net?  I am certain that I will never find myself searching for images of such things...   Eugh.

To soothe my shattered nerves and to calm the shaking that has overtaken my body whilst reading this thread, I am going to search for photos of lovely, clean, innocent and not at all vomit inducing things.  Like ice-cream.  Or bunny rabbits. 

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#14 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 10:10:34 am

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#15 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 10:20:46 am
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20030201/tips/8.html
 Apparently gaffer tape therapy works better than cryotherapy!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#16 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 10:59:12 am
jeez bubba, I'm having breakfast!

FFS that's grim. Bubba, please attach health warnings before posting stuff like that. I was drinking water while looking at it, now i feel ill.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#17 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 11:13:33 am
You'd feel worse should you have been drinking Juice D'Amour - on chap, sorry, on tap...

BenF

• forum hero
#18 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 12:27:38 pm
Cool, a dead rabbit.  That's exactly what I expected someone to post up in response to my post.  Wad for you Mr Houdini.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#19 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 12:33:16 pm
The only good bug is a dead bug!

LongMonkey

• player
#20 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 01:00:24 pm
Er....getting back to the thread. I used to have a wart on one of my fingers. I was perscribed this stuff called 'Salactol' which really did the trick! You just dab the stuff on, leave it overnight and file it down the next day. After a few weeks of this it was gone! It's never come back either. Hope this helps.

BenF

• forum hero
#21 Re: Warts
July 04, 2006, 03:54:17 pm
Er....getting back to the thread. I used to have a wart on one of my fingers. I was perscribed this stuff called 'Salactol' which really did the trick! You just dab the stuff on, leave it overnight and file it down the next day. After a few weeks of this it was gone! It's never come back either. Hope this helps.

:agree:
About ten years ago I also had a wicked wart on my lefthand middle finger (it was great for getting good fingerlocks in mono pockets, no seriously it was) and some other smaller ones on other fingers.  I used a cream from Boots (just asked in there) and applied as described by LongMonkey.  It worked, they disappeared rapidly and I haven't had any since.  There is a problem using a mono pocket that I've never done again since the useful wart disappeared.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#22 Re: Warts
July 08, 2006, 04:15:53 pm
have been reliably told that this treatment works wonders:

1.apply liberally, good quality vitamin e cream around offending wart.

2.Apply some fresh crushed garlic over the top of the wart.

3.Put a nice fabric plaster over it and repeat this action every 24hrs.

Happy wart riddance!

james

• obsessive maniac
#23 Re: Warts
July 17, 2006, 08:53:03 pm
A few years ago, I had one, then 3 of 4 more of the little bastards popped up.  Iwent to the docs and tried lots of things, filing down till they bled, cream, acid etc.  I even iced my hand till it went numb and cut one out with a pair of scisors :oops: but it grew back.  Nothing worked, I was getting really pissed off and a bit self concious of my warty self mutilated hand so I started covering them up with finger tape, telling people I had cut my hand jamming or some othe nonscence.  Low and behold, they all dissaparated in about a week!

Now it could have nothing at all to do with the tape, but I know that if I ever get another then that will be the first thing to happen.  Keep them taped up 24/7 for a week or so and pray to jebus. :bow:

JR

• forum abuser
#24 Re: Warts
July 17, 2006, 08:55:07 pm
did none of you try this?

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

zinc oxide is a mild antiseptic and as warts are a virus it might have something to do with it.  but wtf do i know
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:57:16 pm by JR »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal