UKBouldering.com

qui êtes-vous ? (Read 15569 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#25 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 05:32:58 pm
Word.

My name is Tom - I sacked off living in Derby after 9 years and now reside dahhhn the smoke, climbing at Mile End loads.

During my time as perennial Peak climber I have certainly met you Stu, tho I can't remember where. Probably Burbage South knowing me.

I also met Ru just after the guide came out, think it was at Curbar car park last year. Seem to remember I was both complimentary and charming... :wink:

Bimbled about at Eagle Tor with Bubba, Mr and Mrs FBSF and others on a very, very cold day last winter...think I wasn't climbing through elbow pain or summat.

Met the Beardown posse at Cuba once, and certainly spotted / watched Kim chuck himself off Ron's Slab at Stanage once.

Sure I may have met others, so many Peak climbers I know from sight but not by name...

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#26 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 05:35:04 pm
also known as Tom, fat weak desk jockey punter etc.

specialities low grade sandbagging and left bank claret.

Met a few people here and there.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#27 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 05:59:24 pm
Hey Palomides, you weren't with Guy Maddox were you? I've got some photos somewhere - I'll have to dig them out. Did you come to that shitty bouldering crag with me?

Geoff was the bloke with the gun. I remember him taking great pleasure in winding up some outraged Scandinavians who completely took the bait. The crux of his argument being, that (amongst many other things) what makes the British a nation of heros is our propensity for football violence. (I doubt that he'd ever been to a footy match in his life though.) Last I heard from him, he was living near Madrid.

The girlfriend you mentioned is now my wife.

Stu, the last time I think we actually met was probably at Almscliff in the early/mid 90s. You were doing footless problems on the lip of the crucifix roof, IIRC. I was probably with Streaky, Ed Brown, Oli Wright or JP.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#28 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 06:07:21 pm
Quote from: "Stu Littlefair"

Unfortunately there are a few people who have posted clinging to anonymity, whilst darkly hinting that they know me. Now I respect the right to privacy as much as the next, but it does mean you'll miss out on wedding invites...

Ru's finally popped the question  :lol:

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#29 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 06:24:27 pm
hi stu, i'm al, am aries and about 5.8 with brown eyes......have only seen you from a distance but think you have a nice bum

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#30 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 06:31:13 pm
Stu
I am not tellin, but you know who I am and my cave is in Yorkshire.......................now that's said its bleeding obvious. :-)

andy_e

• forum hero
#31 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 06:45:14 pm
UKB-boys I've met
Cofe
Kim
Scouse D
Mr. Burns
Doylo (I saw you at Raven Tor when I was there with Jordan)
Greg C - I think I saw him make a break for it early in the morning just as Oli and I got there, he was off to Ibiza or so Mr. Burns says
james - I think i bought some chalk in outside and you took the money
any others i can't think of... but I haven't seen you yet Stu!

tc

• junky
#32 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 07:25:04 pm
You've never burned me off, Stu -- I was always in the Vets' category  :wink:

saltbeef

• forum hero
#33 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 07:29:48 pm
Quote from: "al"
hi stu, i'm al, am aries and about 5.8 with brown eyes......have only seen you from a distance but think you have a nice bum

think i saw you taking slim for a walk this eve. beautiful sunset

dave

#34 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 07:36:11 pm
I'm dave and i taught kim everything he knows. But not everything I know.

Quote from: "moose"
Also met the beardown bunch and Jordan Buys filming some grit action at Widdop last spring - vaguely recall chatting with dave (I think) about the greatness of Kyloe-in.  

fuck, i was there that day but can't remember who i was talking to about kyloe! can't picture a face at the moment.

Incidentally i have a great memeory for comedy Tv and film quotes, but a shite memory for putting names to faces. I always find myself talking to people at the crag that i've met several times before and who clearly know who I am and what my name is and who i'm obviously supposed to have remembered their names but can't, but have met too many times to turn round to them and say "actually who the fuck are you?". For example that scouse guy i tend to see everywhere with no rockshoes or chalk.

does anyone know who that guy is who is always around the eastern grit, looks like gary barlow? shit i used to see that guy everywhere.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#35 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 08:15:20 pm
I'm Jonny. I used to be a total prick on here and actually train hard and diet and climb sort of okayish sometimes. I have apparently pissed off one very famous climber to the point where he claimed that if he ever met me he'd 'give me a good battering'. If it's who I think it was, everything is cool now. I have met, albeit very briefly, Mr Burns, Nigel and seen Mr Chapman from a distance.

These days I hope I'm held in slightly higher esteem than I used to be as I don't spout as much bullshit, but am now fat and weak and don't train properly and go to the gym more than I climb and get pissed too much and have a shoulder/back injury that never goes away.

Oh, and I love Fightstar and am going to see them live in March at Barrowlands. :8)

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#36 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 09:37:56 pm
I don't know Stu but my name is also Stu.

I had a previous life in London before moving out here and from that I know Dylan and met a few others that post on here.

I also know some folk that have made the trip here like Chappers & Control Freak.

Through six degrees of separation, I expect its many more.........

chappers

• forum hero
#37 qui êtes-vous ?
January 03, 2006, 10:37:48 pm
true i have met carnage in oz.

ive also seen that wigga dave fuck up brad pit at the last second and shout fuck at the top of his voice. then johnny brown did a few laps of it.

i also know chubby nick aka sox who strangely is not so chubby now and not so easily burned off. and i know a sulking hippy dave.
but thats it, i think.

oh yeah my name is chris, but everybody calls me chappers.

BenF

• forum hero
#38 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 08:01:14 am
Quote from: "fatneck"
Ben, I think most people know I post on here as fatneck which is what I meant! Anyway I haven't anything salient oir interesting to say so I'll see you at the wall... :D

Ok, fair enough Mr Neck.   :lol:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#39 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 08:37:47 am
I am Chris, From SA and live in Aberdeen. I think mosty people know who my surname from spending too much time on UKC. It's so common that it will never get picked up on google.

Stu, your sneaking suspicion that you have burned me off is grounded, in fact I have lost count of the number of times it happened. However I think I was not the one who got burned off on Putsborough, or indeed was left vomiting on the beach at any point.

I have met several bods off here, including The Bub, Fatboyslimfast, Ru (once) HK Stuey (more often than I would like), Fallingdown, sloper, FH, Fiend, TTT, Ropeboy and suspect I have bumped into several others over time. Apologies if I haven't namechecked you personally.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#40 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 08:56:08 am
Quote from: "Stu Littlefair"
Unfortunately there are a few people who have posted clinging to anonymity.....

OK Stu I'll fess up... I'm Ben and my surname is Tye... which is kind of rare so any posts and stuff get picked up by Google and I once had my boss say "why were you on the internet talking about rock-climbing when you should've been working"  :oops:

Out of the UKB peeps I've climbed with Al, Grimer, Bubba, Fatboyslimfast, SA Chris (lots recently)...  I talked to Dave at the Tor... Doylo at the School... Pantontino at a couple of parties.. and there are others who I've seen out and about.

I have a big music collection and am quite good at surfing but have been psyched out of my tiny mind for climbing for the last 12 months or so and long may it continue....

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#41 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 10:54:40 am
I am Johnny Brown, lovechild of Ian Brown and Johnny Dawes' older sister Sue. Luckily I inherited the Brown's simian grace and the Dawes' rugged good looks and star qualities making me quite a climber. Heaven forbid if it had been the other way round!
I spend a lot of time at stanage, though personally I don't feel it's enough. Though Ron did ask me for beta once...
The UKB members I have met say I look like a girl, though I think that says more about them than me.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#42 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 11:34:48 am
I'm erm... Andy, from ummm, Liverpool.

I've climbed knowingly with a few on here Ben F, Fatneck, Ru and unknowingly  probably with a lot more than that.  I normally haunt Yorks Limestone in the summer chuffing season, but find myself drawn strangely towards Peak Grit this winter.  Easy to spot due to lack of technique, strength, stamina and footwork, not to mention bad dress sense and outspoken attitude.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#43 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 11:54:47 am
Oh go on then, seeing as everyone else is:
Bon, as in French for good

Good. 1. Possessing desirable qualities; adapted to answer the end designed; promoting success, welfare, or happiness; serviceable; useful; fit; excellent; admirable; commendable; not bad, corrupt, evil, noxious, offensive, or troublesome, etc. "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good." Gen. i. 31.

Joy, as in joy.
Synonyms -- Gladness; pleasure; delight; happiness; exultation; transport; felicity; ecstasy; rapture; bliss; gayety; mirth; merriment; festivity; hilarity.

Which is not an invitation to call me Excellent Transport, Serviceable Felicity, or Admirable Gaylord.

Alternatively, a bad anagram of Jonboy

Also known as *o* **l****d, Texan nut-oil barren, collector of rare/exotic wild fowl, wizard's helper and whicker basket full of linnets; AKA Kapulin swiftfoot, gatherer of kelp and general brigand/ruffian. You know, the usual stuff.

Soxs

• player
#44 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 02:04:33 pm
Quote from: "chappers"

i also know chubby nick aka sox who strangely is not so chubby now and not so easily burned off. and i know a sulking hippy dave.
but thats it, i think.

Steady on, anymore of that and i'll publish your mug shot. yes you know the one.

It's true though i am a chubby fuck, and dave is still on suicide watch.

cofe

• forum hero
#45 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 02:23:09 pm
get stuffed Stu, i'm not telling you who i am.

ok. my name is mr susan, and now it's time for you to do the choosin.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#46 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 06:54:29 pm
Hi,

I'm Dan Warren + once had the pleasure of meeting team rustu at the tor. My penis length can be found here:
http://www.8a.nu/cgi-bin/scorecard/show.cgi?view=9580&page=2

When not climbing i can be found in chesterfield, leeds, or playing with teeth at the LDI.

squeek

• junky
#47 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 08:01:43 pm
Well I wouldn't want to think I was missing out...

Name's Ian mostly found on yorkshire grit bouldering and at my second home BoulderUK.

Went to the lakes meet so have met everyone that was there and starred in the beard owners film so that's cofe, Dave,  scouse D, Jim, Dense, Pantontino, Bubba, Bonjoy, Kim, Greg, Mr Burns, et al.  Have also met/seen:

Fatboyslimfast at Slipstones,
Fiend I've climbed with twice,
Pantonio in v12 outdoors,
Jim, dense and james in Font.
Bonjoy at kilnsey,
Ru at BoulderUK,
Stu and dobbin in BBC rounds I've judged,
terraced ghost in Font,
Gaz Parry at BUK & Font,
Jee all the time (he's never posted anything but he's a member),
Percy B at BUK and BBCs,
Andy F in the MCC comp,
JonP at Earl, but only from a distance,
Big Frank I bought some finger tape from.

Probably seen other people who entered the BBCs last year, or who have been to BUK a few times.

andy_e

• forum hero
#48 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 08:15:31 pm
if you are who i think you are on that vid then i've seen you down BUK. Either you or jim... Which bit are you on?

mark

• forum abuser
#49 qui êtes-vous ?
January 04, 2006, 08:29:54 pm
Hello Stu,

My real name is strikingly similar to Hark Mundleby and I have met you many times. I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal