UKBouldering.com

king Of Grit (Read 24456 times)

dave

#75 king Of Grit
November 28, 2005, 01:07:10 pm
not sure exactly where you mean scuffler, but the sphinx (E5 in old money) traverses the break up right to the end of the prow (looks hard where the break widens/flares, spacey), and straight up from the start of the sphinx is Giza which is a 7c+/7a+ wall depending on whether coefeld is trying to sendbag you or not (hard bit matching tiny break crimps, I can't do it). caan't remember what it gets in the new guide, probably like 7b+ or summert.

doing the first 2 moves of this new moon ting then rocking it out into sphinx would be good i recon. He says from the comfort of his armchair.

DScuffle

• addict
#76 king Of Grit
November 28, 2005, 01:41:54 pm
Quote from: "dave"
not sure exactly where you mean scuffler, but the sphinx (E5 in old money) traverses the break up right to the end of the prow (looks hard where the break widens/flares, spacey.

If you look on the photo on the previous page, there is a kind of groove/scoop just before the prow (above the Moons knee).  That was the finish I meant.

Quote from: "dave"

doing the first 2 moves of this new moon ting then rocking it out into sphinx would be good i recon. He says from the comfort of his armchair.

That was the start I meant.  Maybe the armchair would be usefull for me to reach the first hold.  You can probably reach the prow from the ground can't you Dave :lol:

Oooh...... this is my 100 post.

Paz

• junky
#77 king Of Grit
November 28, 2005, 04:21:45 pm
Quote from: "Paz"
I'd've liked another Egyptian name

Obviously everyone's ignoring me so don't feel obliged to pay attention, but after Egypt on BBC1 last night a new problem in this area could be called:

Ra!

As in, "You're a tiger...  "

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#78 king Of Grit
November 28, 2005, 08:11:27 pm
Having been to cypher and tried it with 2 strong female looking climbers who have big spans, 3 pads were needed to pull on for them. I don't recon I could have pulled on with 5 pads, its fuckin nails
Whilst in font trying aerodynamite, I used 1 pad cos I could make the distance but our fellow american t-rex needed 3 to reach, I gave him the tick cos he's short and wouldn't have done it without.

DScuffle

• addict
#79 king Of Grit
November 29, 2005, 09:55:53 am
I'd've liked another Egyptian name

Obviously everyone's ignoring me so don't feel obliged to pay attention, but after Egypt on BBC1 last night a new problem in this area could be called:

Ra!

As in, "You're a tiger...  "

Or:

Seth - a god of chaos, confusion, storms, wind, the desert and foreign lands

(God knows he's climbed everwhere, done everything and generally caused carnage with comments on other peoples overgrading - we're not worthy).

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#80 king Of Grit
November 29, 2005, 07:21:21 pm
Oh yeah, and when in france.....

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#81 Re: king Of Grit
August 10, 2006, 06:48:50 pm
Came across this thread again whilst searching for summat. Are Landman and Moon the only ones to have climbed V13 on grit last winter, or are there others?

8Ball - FA: Moon - Repeats: Smith, Boux 8C, Bransby, Ivan Tresch(?), Gaskins, Tim Clifford, Mike Adams

The Ace
- FA: Moffat - Repeats: Smith, Moon, Landman

High Fidelity
- FA: Dunning - Repeats: Moon, ?

Cypher
- FA: Moon - Repeats: Dunning, ?

Brad Pit sitter + jump - FA: Willenburg - Repeats: 0

Voyager - FA: Moon - Repeats: Landman

Ullola - Caley FA: Steve Dunning - Repeats: 0

Stanworth Slab - FA: Gaskins - Repeats: 0

Close of Business - FA: Ste Mcclure - Repeats: 0

a dense loner

• forum hero
#82 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 10:22:41 am
take your lists and fuck off

r-man

• forum hero
#83 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 10:30:00 am
now now

Dense, I suggest the following:

1.Locate your bed.
2.Re-enter.
3.(The tricky bit) Exit bed, but this time be very careful about which side you choose...

a dense loner

• forum hero
#84 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 10:37:59 am
it only feels like i get out on the wrong side when people start rambling on with stupid lists, which 95% of the time is you. may i suggest you quit climbing and become a statistician, or more interestingly research who exactly has done what, their dimensions, finger size etc and compare them to said problems. this can be your project till winter, surprise us then

r-man

• forum hero
#85 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 10:55:06 am
Philistine. Lists are poetry.

A picture tells a thousand words. A list shows a thousand pictures.

You can't analyse that too closely. Just feel it with the heart.

I don't know where you got the 95% figure from, but perhaps you are a more avid statistician than I.

p.s. Lists are only a small part of what I do here. But as long as there is suffering, as long as there is injustice in this world, I shall continue to fight the good fight.

p.p.s. I apologise for being obsessed with climbing. I didn't realise it irked you so much Dense. Please forgive me. I seek only to commune with kindred spirits, fellow addicts of rock and movement. I do not wish to cause unhappiness. Especially not to you Dense. Especially not to you.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#86 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 11:53:55 am
Although I don't necessarily agree with the dense one's tone, to be fair, I do agree with his sentiment; tedious lists on here do seem to come from one source.

webbo

• forum hero
#87 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 12:16:26 pm

p.s. Lists are only a small part of what I do here. what!!!!!! you are having a laugh.

p.p.s. I apologise for being obsessed with climbing. no you are obsessed with lists
and while not wanting to b pedantic i think i may have mentioned this before. :wall:

r-man

• forum hero
#88 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 01:07:21 pm
you are having a laugh.

Indeed I am.  :lol:

This is most entertaining.

r-man

• forum hero
#89 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 01:31:41 pm
Although I don't necessarily agree with the dense one's tone, to be fair, I do agree with his sentiment; tedious lists on here do seem to come from one source.

Taint true. The above list, for example, was originally Fiend's.

You all seem to be missing the point of lists and why I post them. They are beginnings, not endings. Triggers for stories, ramblings, banter etc. People seem to be leaning towards some bizaare idea that the only reason I take an interest in climbing is so I have fresh material for lists. People sneer at 8a.nu users and grade-chasers for similiar reasons, which is bonkers - even if people chase grades, what they get out of climbing is still a lot more than just a number. I'm very definitely a words person rather than a numbers person, so the idea that stats are the most important thing about lists doesn't make sense to me.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#90 Re: king Of Grit
August 11, 2006, 01:43:33 pm
I sympathise with your condition:  I too am number-blind.  Not even playing darts helps my arithmetic.

You can shove that Chi Square to the nth° up your Standard Deviation, Teefal man!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal