UKBouldering.com

Summer wishlist '05 (Read 25464 times)

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#50 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 02:56:40 pm
Quote from: "SA Chris"
Sorry, I wasn't being anything remotely near serious there, just trying to wind Blondie up.

By telling me raw eggs give you salmonella? Oh you prankster, you... :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#51 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 03:41:31 pm
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
Check this out
crazy bmx'er
To do that jump on a full suspension bike is hard, to do it on a bmx is crazy. He lands well long as well on the transition.

Holy shit :shock:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#52 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 05:27:46 pm
have i journeyed back into the mid 80's.....

I've lost 3/4 (that's three quarter not three or four..) of a stone since Christmas and I've been wearing tights whilst sport climbing in Chee Dale :-)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#53 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 07:27:07 pm
Quote from: "Falling Down"
I've lost 3/4 (that's three quarter not three or four..) of a stone since Christmas and I've been wearing tights whilst sport climbing in Chee Dale :-)

Ah, but do you have a head band? and a collection of bad knitted jumpers!?  :wink:

Well, its been a chuffing great start to summer - I have actually done some routes at Rubicon and Raven Tor!

Suspect it may be too hot soon for much really hard stuff to get done, however I would like to do the Weedkiller/Chimes link - thats cool, the complete chimes of freedom, pump up the power and caviar too. Went on the Sissy too, but found it both hard and unpleasant so not too psyched on that one. Would love to go back to Cheedale and have a look that thing of Ru's - Kaliyuga (sp?) - people keep wincing when I say that tho...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#54 Summer wishlist '05
June 13, 2005, 08:38:20 am
Quote from: "Fingers of a Martyr"

By telling me raw eggs give you salmonella? Oh you prankster, you... :roll:

Well the other two took me seriously. You, on the other hand are clearly totally up to speed with things like dieting and training.

And good new music featuring fat ex boy band members.

RopeBoy

• menacing presence
#55 Summer wishlist '05
June 13, 2005, 09:47:02 am
Check this out
crazy bmx'er
To do that jump on a full suspension bike is hard, to do it on a bmx is crazy. He lands well long as well on the transition.

Cool!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#56 Summer wishlist '05
June 13, 2005, 05:36:47 pm
Routes wise - Raindogs, Vogue and possibly GBH at Malham. Grooved Arete, The Ashes, The Bulge and Under the Thumb at Kilnsey. Lots of onsighting at Trow Gill.

Doylo

• forum hero
#57 Summer wishlist '05
June 13, 2005, 07:18:36 pm
my wish for the summer is that it doesn't piss down every day like last year.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#58 Summer wishlist '05
June 13, 2005, 10:25:41 pm
Doylo your wish is at once by far the best but also possibly the least likely...

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#59 Summer wishlist '05
June 13, 2005, 11:58:46 pm
Fiend, Doylo doesn't really care if it rains all summer, because he knows he'll be locked into an epic redpoint link in the rain-proof Cave of Eternal Justice, just like everybody else in North Wales. 60 non-eliminate gut-busting problems and links between V4 and V14 - why climb anywhere else?

(Actually, I'm off up the Pass...at least until it rains again.)

saltbeef

• forum hero
#60 Summer wishlist '05
June 14, 2005, 02:31:53 pm
i'm with you chris. i've arrived in south africa... or is this wales? i don't know i can't see out of my glasses

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#61 Summer wishlist '05
June 14, 2005, 03:06:41 pm
quit yer whining. the rain is supposed to stop tomorrow. I'll tourguide you to the best (and hardest to find) 7C at the topside on thursday..

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#62 Summer wishlist '05
June 14, 2005, 03:58:15 pm
You have a choice, either the occasional rainy day and cool temps at this time of year, or roasting hot in mid summer. Sit back and smell the fynbos.

Doylo

• forum hero
#63 Summer wishlist '05
June 14, 2005, 04:02:34 pm
Quote from: "Pantontino"
Fiend, Doylo doesn't really care if it rains all summer, because he knows he'll be locked into an epic redpoint link in the rain-proof Cave of Eternal Justice, just like everybody else in North Wales. 60 non-eliminate gut-busting problems and links between V4 and V14 - why climb anywhere else?

(Actually, I'm off up the Pass...at least until it rains again.)

He's right, i've just come back from there now and it is gonna take all bastard summer cos i'm spent after three redpoints. Don't forget Simon the Cave was wet last August, theres only so much rain even she can take!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#64 Summer wishlist '05
June 14, 2005, 08:59:24 pm
I'll tourguide you to the best (and hardest to find) 7C at the topside on thursday

whats saltbeef gonna do when you've finished on it? :wink:

ps. for those who thought i climbed badly in font you're lucky you weren't here tonight

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#65 Summer wishlist '05
June 15, 2005, 07:08:39 am
Quote from: "a dense loner"
I'll tourguide you to the best (and hardest to find) 7C at the topside on thursday

whats saltbeef gonna do when you've finished on it? :wink:

lol..

trust me, I'll be the one flailing...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#66 Summer wishlist '05
July 20, 2005, 01:57:56 pm
The next route I am looking forward to is the oh so familiar 20 minute drive to the Northern General for my NEXT x-ray happy happy joy joy there better be some fucking sign of some fucking healing this time <insert very grumpy smiley here>

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#67 Re: Summer wishlist '05
July 20, 2005, 02:06:30 pm
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
We've got a winter bouldering orientated ticklist thing going on, but what are you keen to get done for the other six months while the grit's too warm? Limestone bouldering? Moorland grit? Classic trad? Sport routage? Give up climbing and learn to surf?
 At the moment wht's inspiring me:

Mecca - Finish what i've started, if the undercut ever dries Have got past last years highpoint but still no send! Have been having a break from trying recently, as it was pissing me off.
 Gordale - Get stuck into some big stuff, maybe the Caveroutes and Supercool Had a great day there not long back, did Face Route and Pierepoint. Caveroutes still wet
 Breach of the Peace - Massive exposure at Malham, footless moves on a roof at the top of a 200 foot overhang wall (it doesn't climb the whole height of this BTW) Haven't been on yet, but have bagged a fair few other good ones at Malham including Raindogs, Overnight Sensation, Herbie, New Dawn, Chiselling the Dragon, Mighty Fine Ass, Obsession, Chocolate Logger.
 Urgent Action or the Thumb - More big classic sport routing at KilnseyStill wet Have done the Thumb. Am working on UA this weekend
 Positron or other of the classic E5s - Finally get round to doing some classics on main wall at Gogarth Gogarth trip got rained off but another is in the planning stages
 Grinah - Get up to some of the fabled Bleaklow bouldering areas. Haven't been
 London Wall - Has been on the list for several years now but never seem to get round to it. Haven't been
 Right Wall - Again another super-classic thats burning a hole in my ticklist. Haven't been

Have generally not done very well on the trad front. In truth it's well hard for me to get much trad done as I mostly climb with my girlfiend and its easier for us both to get stuff done if we go sport climbing.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#68 Summer wishlist '05
July 23, 2005, 12:09:13 am
I wish I hadn't gone to Cyrn Las last week to do the Skull, 18 years I've been waiting to do that route and I end up dogging most of it  :cry:

AndyR

• forum hero
#69 Summer wishlist '05
July 23, 2005, 05:11:45 pm
Quote from: "Teaboy"
I wish I hadn't gone to Cyrn Las last week to do the Skull, 18 years I've been waiting to do that route and I end up dogging most of it  :cry:

Tyler - is this you in a different form?
If so - are you qualified to be on a bouldering website?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal