UKBouldering.com

Summer wishlist '05 (Read 25465 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#25 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 10:14:06 am
So... it's June 06th.. how are the Summer tick-lists going?

Mine's going to plan having redpointed my first 7b on Saturday (Daylight Robbery) and flashing two 7a's for the first time - yay!

Bouldering wise have had a good day out at Ysgo a couple of weeks back too flashing Fast Cars and doing Popcorn Party 2nd try - couldn't get anywhere on Jawbreaker tho' & currently grappling with the gnarl of the Kudos wall problems at Rubicon.

Haven't done much trad aside from a great day out at Cratcliffe leadnig the Fern and Boot Hills.

How's everyone else going?

saltbeef

• forum hero
#26 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 10:37:17 am
I did a 7c at malham, then got on raindogs which I had some good links on and combined with a new sequence everything was looking good... until my annual bout of injury reared its ugly head, so since then i've had nearly 3 weeks off, and have been doing a little puntering the last week, pain free! come on! oh and I've been eating a lot of barbque, doing running, yoga and press ups. south africa next week, so i'm preparing to tick rock lands! (maybe the routes! the hardest is 7c)

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#27 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 10:49:21 am
Quote from: "saltbeef"
south africa next week, so i'm preparing to tick rock lands! (maybe the routes! the hardest is 7c)

Actually, there's an 8a+..

But you'll be hard pressed to find a belayer.

Anyway, after I give you the tour de blocs, you won't even want to rope up.

saltbeef

• forum hero
#28 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 10:55:03 am
i'm so psyched i'm gonna burst!!!!!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#29 Re: Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 10:57:28 am
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
We've got a winter bouldering orientated ticklist thing going on, but what are you keen to get done for the other six months while the grit's too warm? Limestone bouldering? Moorland grit? Classic trad? Sport routage? Give up climbing and learn to surf?
 At the moment wht's inspiring me:

Mecca - Finish what i've started, if the undercut ever dries Have got past last years highpoint but still no send! Have been having a break from trying recently, as it was pissing me off.
 Gordale - Get stuck into some big stuff, maybe the Caveroutes and Supercool Had a great day there not long back, did Face Route and Pierepoint. Caveroutes still wet
 Breach of the Peace - Massive exposure at Malham, footless moves on a roof at the top of a 200 foot overhang wall (it doesn't climb the whole height of this BTW) Haven't been on yet, but have bagged a fair few other good ones at Malham including Raindogs, Overnight Sensation, Herbie, New Dawn, Chiselling the Dragon, Mighty Fine Ass, Obsession, Chocolate Logger.
 Urgent Action or the Thumb - More big classic sport routing at KilnseyStill wet
 Positron or other of the classic E5s - Finally get round to doing some classics on main wall at Gogarth Gogarth trip got rained off but another is in the planning stages
 Grinah - Get up to some of the fabled Bleaklow bouldering areas. Haven't been
 London Wall - Has been on the list for several years now but never seem to get round to it. Haven't been
 Right Wall - Again another super-classic thats burning a hole in my ticklist. Haven't been

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#30 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 11:45:21 am

Just don't overdo it. Remember to sit back and enjoy the wine too. Also biltong is a good remedy for any injuries. Have fun and remember to keep one eye on the path when walking. You never know what is going to be lying there.

PS Just had a top weekend in Reiff, which was one of my summer ticklists. Sunny weather, and enough wind to ground all midge squadrons.

Pity the beautiful beach at the campsite failed to produce any waves. I have no idea if it ever does, I guess it's wishful thinking.

saltbeef

• forum hero
#31 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 11:54:26 am
stellenbosch ranks highly on the tick list...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#32 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 12:16:37 pm
>Mecca - Finish what i've started, if the undercut ever dries Have got past last years highpoint but still no send! Have been having a break from trying recently, as it was pissing me off.

I thought a multi-year seige was de-rigeur for said route..

Good effort on all those Malham ticks!

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#33 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 12:23:19 pm
Quote from: "SA Chris"

Just don't overdo it. Remember to sit back and enjoy the wine too. Also biltong is a good remedy for any injuries. Have fun and remember to keep one eye on the path when walking. You never know what is going to be lying there.

Or chilling in the bushes.

I seem to be laid low with tick bite fever.

damn.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#34 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 01:17:41 pm
Summer ticklist:

1. Regain use of both lower limbs.

2. Paint lots of toy soldiers in the meantime.

:roll:

Okay, assuming 1. happens then as always I am very keen to get out and climb routes as always as that's where my heart lies. I'm still hoping to visit the following places (assuming I find the right people to climb with which as always for me is pretty much the crux)...

North Wales:

Gogarth - North Stack and Rhoscolyn
Idwal Walls
Slate - Rainbow Area and nearby
Dinas Cromlech
Pembroke
Carreg Hyll Drem
Moelwyns
Tremadog
--- and other accessible crags

The Lakes:

Black Crag, Borrowdale
Cathedral Quarry, Langdale
Gouther Crag, Eastern Lakes
Armathwaite, Eden Valley
Castle Rock, Eastern Lakes
Neckband and White Gyll, Langdale
High Crag, Buttermere
--- and other accessible crags

Northumberland / North East:

Back Bowden
Bowden Doors
South Yardhope
East Woodburn
Wainstones
Kyloe In
Jack Rock
--- various other outcrops

Lancashire:

Wiltons
Shooter's Nab

Scotland:

Various outcrops near Aberdeen and Inverness, Glen Nevis etc.

Peak / Yorkshire:

Usual limestone and high up grit bollox.

Fingers crossed  :wink:

squeek

• junky
#35 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 02:23:18 pm
Ticklist for this summer:

Bouldering in the lakes, Sampson stones still to go, but I've been up to bowderstone and carrock fell so not doing too bad in that respect, plus did my first few V8s.  Went to wales one weekend too and although the weather in the pass was bad all 3 days, we still managed to get a bit done on the coasts and got a few good ticks at Porth Ysgo.

Trad after work, but I've only been once so far and said that I would last year and didn't.  Hopefully spend a few weekends in the lakes trad climbing too.

Sports climbing in yorkshire, just some milage really, start leading well, get to grips with redpointing and falling off onto bolts.  Been to giggleswick and Kilnsey and now my main bouldering partner has decided he likes sports climbing I'll probably do a lot of this over summer.  I've got some routes at Chapel head

Scar and Trow Gill that I want to tick once I've built some stamina up.  Also want to visit Malham, Gordale, Troller's Gill, Yew Cougar.  Grade wise I'm aiming for ~7b+ this year, have to see what I'm leading like after a few months as I've not really put much time into sports climbing in the past.

So still a lot to do...

SA Chris

• forum hero
#36 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 04:28:20 pm
south africa next week, so i'm preparing to tick rock lands! (maybe the routes! the hardest is 7c)

Have you been keeping up with pdf guides on www.bouldering.co.za ?

They seem to put them up, then remove them? Check which ones you have, and which ones you need, I have downloaded a few. PM me if you want them.

runt

• obsessive maniac
#37 Summer wishlist '05
June 06, 2005, 05:28:41 pm
Hopefully get the nice shady wooly bear done at harrisons (any short arse beta for the middle bit welcome)
Then finally get up harvey oswald at milestone, which may mean a bit less cake and a a lot more :evil:

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#38 Summer wishlist '05
June 07, 2005, 07:42:52 am
Quote from: "SA Chris"

Have you been keeping up with pdf guides on www.bouldering.co.za ?

They seem to put them up, then remove them? Check which ones you have, and which ones you need, I have downloaded a few. PM me if you want them.

I've updated the New Problems one, but Evan hasn't put it up.

If anyone wants it, give me a shout and I'll drop email science.

dom

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#39 Summer wishlist '05
June 07, 2005, 07:47:25 pm
On our side of the pond....the wife is finally done having children, so I'm trying to attain some level of fitness. Have lost 18 pounds, am heavily psyched and been working out as only a sluggard can. Goal for the summer is to get back to sending V-6 in one session, for the fall start working on the V-8 list. 47 years old now, don't have much time left to do those classic projects!

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#40 Summer wishlist '05
June 07, 2005, 10:14:18 pm
Hey Blunk, how did you lose all that weight? I usually get ill with something, lose a stone and slowly put it back on; although my latest weight loss appears to be staying off, and I'm the lightest I've been for about 6-7 years.

tc

• junky
#41 Summer wishlist '05
June 09, 2005, 03:19:17 pm
Quote from: "Blunk"
47 years old now, don't have much time left to do those classic projects!

What can I say?  :cry:

webbo

• forum hero
#42 Summer wishlist '05
June 09, 2005, 03:25:50 pm
Quote from: "tc"
Quote from: "Blunk"
47 years old now, don't have much time left to do those classic projects!

What can I say?  :cry:

3 years more than i've got. :oldgit:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#43 Summer wishlist '05
June 09, 2005, 03:55:15 pm
Quote from: "Pantontino"
Hey Blunk, how did you lose all that weight? etc.

BTW, I think Fingers has got some dieting tips. That might help.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#44 Summer wishlist '05
June 09, 2005, 04:57:16 pm
Dry bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Apple for lunch.

1 slice of bread and a bowl of vegetables and rice for tea.

1 Chicken Breast every other day.

Repeat for a month. :wink:

Drink some raw eggs first thing as well, I have no idea what it does but Rocky did it so it must be good :wink:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#45 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 08:47:54 am
It gives you Salmonella. People have been advised against doing it for years.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#46 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 01:02:31 pm
a body-building type at work told me that eating raw eggs is pretty poor  nutritionally - summat about the eggy proteins having to be cooked first for muscle building.  Not sure whether the SCIENCE made much sense though (surely they'd be denatured by stomach acids anyway... mind you if that were generally the case we'd be able to eat raw meat...hmmm).  Still, the chap who told me was VERY wide so I'm not arguing.

Paz

• junky
#47 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 02:07:31 pm
Eggs with the Lion mark are guaranteed Salmonella free because the Chickens are vaccinated (according to the food science program on saturday mornings).  So it's safe but nonetheless I think eating it raw is just a waste of a delicious egg - fry the fucker.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#48 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 02:43:11 pm
have i journeyed back into the mid 80's, all this talk of weightloss :lol:

Anyway, having not been climbing at all for the last 2 months my current goal is to do 7ft flat to flat jump :wink: Its a biking thing

Check this out
crazy bmx'er
To do that jump on a full suspension bike is hard, to do it on a bmx is crazy. He lands well long as well on the transition.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#49 Summer wishlist '05
June 10, 2005, 02:46:39 pm
Sorry, I wasn't being anything remotely near serious there, just trying to wind Blondie up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal