the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

Kilter Board

(1/7) > >>

Wellsy:
Been loving the Kilter Board of late. It's so fun! Chucking myself around and pulling hard. The one at the Hanger is set at 50° and that feels great for a raw power and strength session (@Fiend take note)

Anyone recommend any problems in particular? Anyone got any opinions to share on the Kilter Board generally?

petejh:
Bit of kilter chat here: https://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,30287.0.html

User deactivated.:
While my house was being extended and I lost my old board, I spent a few months on the kilter and found my crimp strength went down. There are a few crimps on the board, but it's harder to find problems that have sustained crimping. I can't remember the names of many, but 'Han 1' rings a bell as a crimp problem I had in my circuit. 

Wellsy:
Interesting thoughts Liam. I'll say I tend to have a Kilter Session and a non-Kilter wooden board (classic cellar type) session each week, plus two indoor circuit sessions, and with that plus fingerboarding at the moment my fingers feel v strong, both on the fingerboard and on the wall. I can see what you mean, a lot of the holds are not limiting in terms of finger strength. That said my fingers seem stronger than ever, albeit with other training stimulus

I feel like the Kilter is good for tension, power, body strength and raw pulling in the arms and upper back, maybe less good for fingers, but then those other things are good too.

Wellsy:
I'll say I find it more fun, and less skin wrecking, than a moonboard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version