UKBouldering.com

Dead Fit birds who go climbing (part II) (Read 638253 times)

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
I doubt you'll gain masses of muscle, its incredibly difficult (for everyone bar Saltbeef).

Who (if his signature is anything to go by) climbs girly grades  :oops:

In defence of our honourable friend Maltloaf, that is a reference to the old ben Moon quote, and is English 6b and 6c not French.

Anyway re your problem: I quite like a bit of muscle on a lass, but I'm also easily dominated as well.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Paul's right. Some female body builder types actually look really good and climbing (and the related training) is far more likely to give you a physique like this.......

.....than one like this..........

:o

Paul B

• forum hero
on that note did anyone else catch the re-run of supersize she the other night?

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
It's not the muscles so much as the fact that she can't spell crunchy that puts me off ....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

And the fact that she looks psychotic.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
on that note did anyone else catch the re-run of supersize she the other night?

She used to train with me and another, many moons ago when i used to be more 16stone ish than 10.5 stoneish.

Cheers
tim

Jenn

• regular
And whilst I'm quite slender at the moment, I did a really great long cliff traverse last weekend, then I felt it in my latissimus dorsi muscles the next day, and panicked that I was going to turn into a big muscly man-girl.  Bleurgh.

::) not again…

Yes, that's how it works - do one traverse and you will wake up the next day looking like the Hulk.

I wish. But then again I probably fall on the wrong side of muscly for you.

Why not try to climb as hard as you possibly can and just accept that it will change your body, your mind, your outlook and countless other things.

If a guy is turned off by the sight of a bit of muscle, he is probably the wrong type of guy to be with anyway.

galpinos

• forum hero
And whilst I'm quite slender at the moment, I did a really great long cliff traverse last weekend, then I felt it in my latissimus dorsi muscles the next day, and panicked that I was going to turn into a big muscly man-girl.  Bleurgh.

::) not again…

Yes, that's how it works - do one traverse and you will wake up the next day looking like the Hulk.

I wish. But then again I probably fall on the wrong side of muscly for you.

Why not try to climb as hard as you possibly can and just accept that it will change your body, your mind, your outlook and countless other things.

If a guy is turned off by the sight of a bit of muscle, he is probably the wrong type of guy to be with anyway.

If you look at a lot of top women boulderers, they're not exactly stacked. Didn't Katy Whitaker win the womens BBC? She's pretty svelte.

I got sent a link to footage of some french comp (http://teamlescollets.ovh.org/site/index.php - can't link straight to the videos but they're easy to find) and I'd say all of the women have pretty damn fine figures.  :thumbsup:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Never date climbers.  Not ever.  It'll end in tears.

Jenn

• regular

If you look at a lot of top women boulderers, they're not exactly stacked. Didn't Katy Whitaker win the womens BBC? She's pretty svelte.

Whilst risking being very  :off:

Definately not 'stacked':

And various others, can't be bothered to look up, but would add Jody Hansen sending Rumble in the Jungle in June's Rock and Ice.

account_inactive

• forum hero
That's a bad example

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jenn

• regular
That's a bad example

I'm awed by your genius and completely shocked by your presence*.

*Not

galpinos

• forum hero

As women climbers/boulders go though Jenn, Rands is about the most muscular/manly.

I'm not sure the chin helps either

Anna Stohr seems to storm comps:

http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/uploadedImages/_DSC0193.JPG

Not exactly arnie!

Jenn

• regular

As women climbers/boulders go though Jenn, Rands is about the most muscular/manly.

Re. Rands - I was being sarcastic. Yes, Americans can occasionally use sarcasm  :P

You said that most top women boulderers aren't 'stacked'. I wasn't implying that it is a prerequisite, rather just giving a counter example.

Stubbs

Jody Hansen from Adam's photo from the Rumble new item

(sorry to people who can't see facebook images)

I'm getting confused, is she meant to be in the 'stacked' or 'not stacked' pile?  ???

(she belongs in this topic whatever imho)

galpinos

• forum hero

Re. Rands - I was being sarcastic. Yes, Americans can occasionally use sarcasm  :P

You said that most top women boulderers aren't 'stacked'. I wasn't implying that it is a prerequisite, rather just giving a counter example.

Damn Yanks!

(I said most as there are a couple of exceptions)

Jenn

• regular
Jody Hansen from Adam's photo from the Rumble new item

Cheers for the photo, I couldn't find it on the 'net.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Rands=stacked

Jodie=not stacked

I'm amazed by your logic

Jenn

• regular
I said they were both 'stacked'.

:read:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
I hear Specsavers are really quite reasonable these days, Jenn.   :whistle:

Jenn

• regular
 :lol:

I was taking 'stacked' to mean muscular - as that was what Ms Cookie was worried about. Have to brush up on my guy lingo  :-[

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Am i missing something? Jody Hansen is not by any definition 'stacked'. Toned? Yes. Ripped? Yes. Stacked? My left chunky.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I always thought stacked reffered to...um... how busty you were?  Rather than anything muslce related  :-\

I'm surprised by girls who worry about getting too beefy, muscle wise, from climbing.  I think you'd need to be climbing really hard, really often for there to be a noticable difference.  Most female climbers have bodies I'd kill for, all lean and sinewy and lovely  :-*

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
I'm surprised by girls who worry about getting too beefy, muscle wise, from climbing. 

:bow:

listen to the wisdom of the 'pie cookie!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal