UKBouldering.com

Plans for the weekend? (Read 13655 times)

mozzer

• addict
Plans for the weekend?
February 19, 2003, 01:34:38 am
Whats everyone doing at the weekend?

Im up at the Roaches on sunday, burning off those northerners on those easy routes.

Woo hoo!

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#1 Plans for the weekend?
February 19, 2003, 08:20:11 am
It only wednesday today! - Alway plan my weekend on friday. So I will tell you that on Friday  :wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Plans for the weekend?
February 19, 2003, 08:40:11 am
No bouldering for me - visiting my girlfriends parents  :(

dave

#3 Plans for the weekend?
February 20, 2003, 10:54:41 am
We're supposed to be bringing the north-wales rucus, suppose it depends on the weather though - Hopefully the sun always shines on porth ysgo! 8)

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#4 Plans for the weekend?
February 20, 2003, 11:00:13 am
I might try and get up to the sheep pen boulders depending on what the weather is doing.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Plans for the weekend?
February 20, 2003, 11:03:22 am
I think Slimfast is in Wales too this w/e - why do I have to go and look at the London bloody Eye instead, it's not fair?

nik at work

• forum hero
#6 Plans for the weekend?
February 20, 2003, 11:06:19 am
falling off stuff at bubage saturday afternoon.

dave

#7 Plans for the weekend?
February 20, 2003, 11:18:48 am
Tell FBSF to keep his eyes open for us, purple '64 chevvy, pneumatic suspension, uv lights underneath, bitchez in the front, bitchez in the back etc etc. Should be able to hear the WarrenG bassLineZ from the A55.

I think our plan is to do porth ysgo on satdy and somewhere else on sunday, maybe. Just looked at forecast it looks pretty tasty.

dave

#8 Plans for the weekend?
February 21, 2003, 10:24:04 am
Forecast still looks bo for saturday, and semi-bo for sunday. I can't wait.  Hope it doesn't rain i really don't want to end up in parisellas again.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#9 Plans for the weekend?
February 21, 2003, 10:30:14 am
I was watching Stick it other day and watching Chris on Lou Ferrigno and realised that one of the hold used was the product of a wet afternoon stuck in Parisellas waiting for our train home back in 1985!!!!!!!!Now it wasnt me but an old friend who was not adverse to wielding a drill bit when bored!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#10 Plans for the weekend?
February 21, 2003, 12:07:07 pm
Dunno where as yet, but I have all weekend to do rock type stuff (the missus is away), an I fancied Wales - I don't think Ru is up for it though. We'll see - I can be very persuasive when I want...

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#11 Plans for the weekend?
February 21, 2003, 12:49:44 pm
I got up to sheep pen boulders yesterday and had a really nice day. The sun was shining and it wasn't too windy. The forecast is looking good for saturday too :)

dave

#12 Plans for the weekend?
February 21, 2003, 12:58:06 pm
How warm is it in north wales at the moment?

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#13 Plans for the weekend?
February 21, 2003, 01:03:56 pm
It hasn't rained for what seems like ages, I'd be out today if my mate wasn't injured. Tomorrow is looking great. Yesterday and wednesday were really nice, warm but not too warm.

underground

• forum hero
#14 Plans for the weekend?
February 21, 2003, 11:21:40 pm
Ahem. I will be abseiling down a 400 ft mineshaft up Bradwell moor tomorrow, noone's been in there for years cos a big f**k off waterfall gushes across it at about -300 feet. I just hope the thing doesn't collapse on top of me...... :shock:

dave

#15 Plans for the weekend?
February 24, 2003, 09:14:32 am
You are a twisted mutha!

I got to say Porth Ysgo was amazing on saturday, clear blue sky, a nice breeze and breakers at your feet, t-shirt weather. We all had a great day on the unique problems - bo. Much skin loss all round.

Sunday was less good cos it rained. Marine Drive boulders and Pillbox wall were wet, but unfortunatley Parisellas was dry, so we had to climb there. Fucked my knee on a savage drop-knee move, its a shame i didn't fuck it more cos then i would have deffinetly phoned in sick today. We later found out Roadrunner was dry - damn.

Fucking good weekend. Bo selecta.

dave

#16 Plans for the weekend?
February 24, 2003, 09:35:20 am
P.S. Also noticed in Parisellas above the left wall traverse there is "Lucian Cottle 85" scratched into the rock. I had no idea it was customary to sign one's age as well as one's name...... :lol:

mark

• forum abuser
#17 Plans for the weekend?
February 24, 2003, 09:38:13 am
Now, now Dave, don't be rude. That's not his age, that's the number of attempts it took him to do the left wall traverse...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#18 Plans for the weekend?
February 24, 2003, 09:44:12 am
Ha ha! Bored wet days kipping out in Parisella's - I remember them well. It was a safer place to sleep than under the verandas on the way up to the public bogs, where you would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to find someone stepping over your sleeping bag, no doubt on their way to a hard night's cottaging...

You may have also noticed "Simon Oaker" etched to the rock, who was a another Hereford lad, and a good mate of Luce & me, but who was sadly killed in a grim car crash in '86. It's almost like a self-epitaph but I like the fact it's still there.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#19 Plans for the weekend?
February 24, 2003, 09:45:28 am
Anyway, my weekend consisted of a trip down to London to see Sel's parents, and to go on the London Eye, which was actually really cool and I'd recommend it to anyone. Ok, it's just a vast big-wheel but the views are great. Apart from that lots of eating and drinking and wishing I was on some crispy grit, like at the Slipstones on Friday where I was defeated once more (but only just!) by micro-corner, but at least I have now sussed out how to do it - what a great little problem....

dave

#20 Plans for the weekend?
February 24, 2003, 09:53:56 am
When we were there t'other week we bumped into this bloke i recognised from Wildtrax in Newcastle (Mark Savage?). Anyroad, we showed me his sequence, which started like palming off LH, RH on a tiny undercut, RF on a good edge, then pull off the floor, up RH to a little gaston-sidepull then the good hold. Unfortunaly i couldn't pull off the floor, must be leg-langth dependant, or talent dependant.

Did you try SLBs, or that pod problem just next to microcorner (your back is facing it when doing MC)?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#21 Plans for the weekend?
February 24, 2003, 10:09:30 am
FatboySlimfast did Sulky Little Boys, but I didn't really get anywhere on it - it's much more powerful than it looks, but will have another go next time. On Micro Corner, that sounds like a very similar method to the one I was trying (and FBSF did it, so it works!).

Start with right foot way right over on a good brushed edge, and left hand palming against the left wall of the corner, as high and out of the corner as possible. Pop off the floor and go up to little thumb gastonny thing with your right hand, then smear left foot against the left corner, or if you can, onto the obvious edge in the corner. Then move your right hand up to the good pinch just above where it already is, and rock onto the edge in the corner, and gloriously reach the top!!

Slipstones - mmmmmmm.......!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#22 Plans for the weekend?
February 28, 2003, 02:46:51 pm
So, what ya'll doing? I'm going to do a bit of training tonight, then tomoz work on the house, and out Sunday - Yorkshire or S.  Lakes if the weather is funky, Peak if it's iffy....

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#23 Plans for the weekend?
February 28, 2003, 03:23:00 pm
Papping myself in preparation for tomorrows Masters comp at the sedge of course! Gulp!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#24 Plans for the weekend?
February 28, 2003, 03:28:16 pm
Just get fully dosed up on Creatine serum and you'll be fine....

Either that or a coupla fat lines of Bolivia's finest to see you through...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal