UKBouldering.com

Local Lockdowns (Read 65400 times)

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#400 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:52:16 pm
Simply questioning the narrative here chaps

Which part of what is going on currently do you have have an issue with? Do you think if everyone just went back to acting as normal then there wouldn't be 100k's more deaths, or is it that you think that is acceptable? Is it just the masks? Do you need a hug from someone who insists on keeping 2 m from you?

From your posts it's very hard to tell where your issues actually lie, and it just somes accross as v poor trolling.

Yeah I need a big hug from you

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#401 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:01:02 pm
(ironically you’re more likely to die in a car accident on your daily commute than get killed by covid)

Annual road deaths around 1,700, Covid so far around 40k. You’re not helping your case.

Also was that a tacit admission that you are a precious forum user returned?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/754685/quarterly-estimates-april-to-june-2018.pdf

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#402 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:07:52 pm
Yeah well I made that one up. Mixing fact with fiction is how they get you.
What in living fuck is a tacit admission? You asked me if I needed a hug, I said yeah from you. Not

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#403 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:13:18 pm
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/882722/25-options-for-increasing-adherence-to-social-distancing-measures-22032020.pdf

“The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging.”

Reads like psy-ops to me

Aaahhaaaahhaa!

Global.

Amongst and involving total cooperation between nations, at or virtually at, war.

You have made my day. I had to screen cap some of this and share it around.

I strongly recommend you seek professional help.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#404 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:14:40 pm
No that’s just being a dick.

Yep. You are.

A small one.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#405 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:18:55 pm
Always happy to join in a bit of mildly insulting banter e.g ‘jog on sunshine’ etc,
However I maintain I came back on the forum to post some links and raise some questions.
It deteriorated because you chaps didn’t agree / like what I said. Funny that

Let me decode:

“You didn’t agree, so I had a paddy”.

Or do you see it differently.

If (IF) you had a little savvy, you’ll find the actually really quite illuminating Meta’s about mask effectiveness etc, one from the Lancet and another out of Oxford, already linked in one of the various posts, on one of the various threads, on this forum.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#406 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:19:23 pm
Like clockwork, do you lads operate a tag team system or are you all the same government bot?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#407 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:28:53 pm
Like clockwork, do you lads operate a tag team system or are you all the same government bot?

I actually do work for the government.

Which is why you’re just so damn amusing to listen to/read!

It’s hilarious. My 12 year old, comes to me with convoluted theories and hypothesis like these; usually base around some sort of “fan fiction” type thing, for one of the various SciFi/Fantasy universes. At least he’s aware it’s fiction.
He does, however, usually manage a far higher standard of “evidence” and “reasoning”, than you seem capable of.

Keep trying. Last time I let my 15 year old daughter argue respond to you. I’ll ask the lad to rate you raving, sorry, reasoning, now.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#408 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:35:10 pm
I have to admit those responses were more fun than reading your shite.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#409 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 09:50:43 pm

As if you could.

If you pop upstairs, your mum might be able help you with the longer words, like “fact” or “logic” (assuming you can manage “the” or are you already getting assistance with this)?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#410 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:00:47 pm
OT.

Actually, as an aside, it’s easy to see how such “ideas” enter the consciousness of the “Tribe”.

I sometimes enjoy the ranting of the “Tuckered” account on Twatter/FB, not always, but often. I quite liked this, on the subject of politics etc.today:

“ Someone 20+ years my senior posed a question on here yesterday; 'Has it always been this bad?' In his lifetime he couldn't remember prior governments being much better than the current shower of shite, but he did concede that it feels much worse now, positing the theory that we're simply more aware of just how bad things are. someone else, 40 years my senior, agreed.

It can't be healthy. This relentless bombardment of misery in our palms. Smart phones should have brought about a revolution in enlightenment, communication, and knowledge. Remember the Arab Spring?

Instead we collectively navigate an infinite cesspool, meandering from one outrage to the next. Spurred on by the talking heads of the Twatterphere, cunts like me, and a 24 hour rolling news media that latches onto our fauxtrage, squeezing every non-story of every last drop, and leaving them, and us, empty.

It's constant and exhausting. A perpetual quagmire. Like a never-ending magic show you gaze, open-mouthed in disbelief, and just as you're about to utter the word 'wow', you're distracted by an even bigger dead cat being pulled from a hat and flung, unceremoniously, in front of you.

It's almost as if it's manufactured. How can you focus your ire when there's so many fucking targets? How do you prioritise such rapidly evolving cuntishness? Like now for example, with the current free school meals controversy. People are saying 'the North remembers'. Well it didn't remember the last fucking decade did it? Fuck off, this isn't Game of Thrones. At least that shit ended.

This has to be having a massive impact on our collective mental health. Hour after hour of misery only interrupted by the odd meme.

So what's the solution? Ignore it all, is that even possible without ditching your phone?

They say ignorance is bliss, but I've seen it up close and it's not. Ignorance is terryfying. Ignorance shapes the world we live in and gets us decades of voting against our own interests. Ignorance breeds blame and hate. Ignorance feeds the very misery we're being bombarded with.

I have no answers.”

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#411 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:05:15 pm

As if you could.

If you pop upstairs, your mum might be able help you with the longer words, like “fact” or “logic” (assuming you can manage “the” or are you already getting assistance with this)?

Take it steady fellah. No need to bring my mum into this.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#412 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:12:25 pm

As if you could.

Take it steady fellah. No need to bring my mum into this.

Still here?

Isn’t it past your bedtime?

Nigel

• forum hero
#413 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:12:45 pm
To be honest the whole shielding the vulnerable etc thing seems attractive on first pass. To extend the logic, surely the whole thing would work better i. e. Natural Herd immunity if we deliberately infect people? Is there acceptance that this is the ideal for this methodology? If not, then why would we waste taxpayers money unnecessarily on stringing it out needlessly? As a matter of intellectual honesty - should we not be deliberately infecting the under 65's?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#414 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:20:30 pm
To be honest the whole shielding the vulnerable etc thing seems attractive on first pass. To extend the logic, surely the whole thing would work better i. e. Natural Herd immunity if we deliberately infect people? Is there acceptance that this is the ideal for this methodology? If not, then why would we waste taxpayers money unnecessarily on stringing it out needlessly? As a matter of intellectual honesty - should we not be deliberately infecting the under 65's?
You know the “herd immunity” thing is almost completely debunked and undermined by the almost certain lack of said immunity? That antibodies disappear in around four months for most people? That, it would take around that long to infect everybody in the first place and might really just turn into some glorious round robin of infection, recovery and reinfection?

Caveats about not yet knowing how quickly most might pump out the antibodies on reinfection, or what the T cell responses might be, not withstanding; it seems an odd gambit...

danm

• junky
#415 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:22:02 pm
Yes, if herd immunity was proven as a thing with this virus. Unfortunately, what with it being relatively novel nobody actually knows if enough people can develop immunity for long enough for this to be viable as a way of protecting the population at large. As such, doing anything other than locking down is a massive risk. Both politically but also morally.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#416 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:23:15 pm
Praise be a voice of reason in this quagmire of narrow minded covid jihadis.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#417 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:25:12 pm
From what I gather the problem with it letting rip in the gen pop is that healthcare standards for those who need criticial care would be lower as there is not the capacity to provide it for everyone who would need it. By stringing it out, you avoid this problem (hopefully) and as a result, reduce the knock on effect to the rest of the health service.

I cant offer any numbers, but There you go.

danm

• junky
#418 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:29:06 pm
Praise be a voice of reason in this quagmire of narrow minded covid jihadis.
Yeah, I'm an expert on virology too.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#419 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:38:08 pm
We all have to be in these times, since first coming on hear I’ve done lots of reading and could certainly give some of you boffins and dr’s a run for your money

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#420 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:42:26 pm
since first coming on hear I’ve done lots of reading and could certainly give some of you boffins and dr’s a run for your money

Yep, you are certainly proving your interlekt with that.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#421 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:43:08 pm
I’ve done lots of reading and could certainly give some of you boffins and dr’s a run for your money

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Nigel

• forum hero
#422 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:46:40 pm
Apologies I've had quite a few beers so perhaps my point was lost. In basic terms - anyone who believes in natural herd immunity i. e. Let the young do what they will  + shielding the vulnerable, must surely advocate deliberate infection to get the whole thing over and done with. And if not, why not? Its the logical thing to do as it is what the desired end result is anyway, and would get us there quicker. We'll be creating a two tier society for a long time otherwise. I have yet to hear this argument, but surely if you hold the position then it at least has the virtue of honesty?

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#423 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:50:11 pm
Makes sense to me pal, and all the evidence points in that direction. Don’t apologise to this lot. They haven’t got a clue

Nigel

• forum hero
#424 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 10:52:11 pm
Makes sense to me pal, and all the evidence points in that direction. Don’t apologise to this lot. They haven’t got a clue

So yes then?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal