Most people are relatively sensible.

Technically this may be correct, but there is an awful lot of idiots out there

JamieG

• forum hero
#376 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 07:16:53 pm
Most people are relatively sensible.

Technically this may be correct, but there is an awful lot of idiots out there

Yes, the "relatively" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.  :)

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#377 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 07:23:44 pm
Sensible yes......

Maybe it’s being red lighted by extremist militant factions who are upset that an invisible enemy has knocked them off the top spot as weaponised propaganda on the world stage

dunnyg

• forum hero
#378 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 07:36:17 pm
My paper got rejected a few months ago, pretty sure it wasnt a government cover up of my uncovering the truth about using cosmogenic isotopes for looking at earthquakes, but just in case it is on a pre print server so THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#379 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 07:46:42 pm

69’000 civilians murdered by Blair and bush in Iraq (covered up pre WikiLeaks)

42’000 covid ‘related’ deaths in the U.K. pumped at us through government controlled media outlets

Yep, there’s definitely absolutely zero propaganda going on. Covid scaremongering is a sanctioned government psy-ops

dunnyg

• forum hero
#380 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 07:52:46 pm
Good point, well made

tomtom

• forum hero
#381 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 07:58:19 pm
What a load of shite MC. Honestly. Let’s compare a war and a pandemic - eh?

Anyway / let’s persist with your thought experiment.
Firstly - Blair and Bushes war probably killed more civilians than that.

However CV19 has killed officially 1,176,962 (as of JH website 2 min ago) world wide - and this figure is rising by 6k a day with no end in sight.

So really - it’s all some sort of government psy-ops (?!?) and we have nothing to worry about?

Jog on sunshine.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#382 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:01:15 pm
Fuck me you’re on the payroll

tomtom

• forum hero
#383 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:03:19 pm
And you’re on Trumps?

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#384 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:05:53 pm
Ah, the standard comparison turned to by the pseudo left when attempting to discredit. Well done matey boy

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#385 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:07:24 pm
Regardless of your bollocks the comparison was in the potential for hiding and manipulating data

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#386 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:15:32 pm
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/882722/25-options-for-increasing-adherence-to-social-distancing-measures-22032020.pdf

“The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging.”

Reads like psy-ops to me

tomtom

• forum hero
#387 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:23:50 pm
Ah, the standard comparison turned to by the pseudo left when attempting to discredit. Well done matey boy

You seem to be on exactly the same page as trumps theory of Covid being a big ploy or overplay - so you and Trump being intellectual bedfellows is quite a reasonable comparison to make don’t you think?

Anyway - it’s a shame you’re not right about Covid - for everyone’s sake.

Advertising is psychological manipulation. Politics is psychological manipulation. Your posts are (attempts at) psychological manipulation!!

Every time you look at this website stats go to some web company that’s using them for physiological manipulation.

That’s life :)

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#388 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:24:30 pm
Working out how you can get the general population to be less selfish for the greater good must be a tricky task in this day and age.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#389 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:25:27 pm
Simply questioning the narrative here chaps

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#390 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:26:48 pm
It sounds like you're using the phrase "psy-op" because it sounds scary and fits with your conspiracy theory narrative. You could just as easily refer to it as "advertising" or a "public awareness campaign".

Gruesome photos on packs of cigarettes, videos of kids getting run over by speeding drivers on TV, or billboards encouraging drivers to THINK BIKE: are these also psy-ops?

tomtom

• forum hero
#391 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:30:03 pm

You’re trolling plain and simple. Instead of making reasoned arguments - you just shout bollocks and insult people.

petejh

• forum hero
#392 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:31:26 pm

Yes, very simply.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#393 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:34:03 pm
I’m sure the mask discussed in that article offers a level of P3 protection tested under lab conditions where as the standard surgical masks are P1-2 and the home mades germ ridden face cloths. A HSE report from 2008 states that under lab conditions a P3 mask will provide up to a 100 fold protection compared to 6 fold protection from a P2 mask or below. Taken out of the lab and into the community the variables involved in human behaviour which I’d imagine are huge are likely to lead to zero or negligible difference and I wonder even worsen the situation via creating hundreds of thousands of viral cloths being handled by wearers touching surfaces etc. All it then takes is the surface to be touched by another and then touching their face or other portal of entry. Yes under lab conditions wearing a P3 respirator mask and full head shield is gonna stop the virus, pragmatically with what’s going on in the community I seriously doubt it. Hand washing and avoiding touching your face and eyes in the community setting is of course helpful and reducing risk of any Coronavirus. So really the sensible choices are stay at home and avoid all others or wear a space helmet which are being advertised to buy commercially now, just in time for Christmas for you ‘new normal’ covidians out there. Funnily enough it doesn’t really matter now, if there is less Coronavirus around in 6 months the message will be keep doing more of the same it’s working, if there is an escalation in reported cases then it will be more of the same plus further restrictions on liberty. Masks are now here to stay, enjoy the the feeling of security they afford as you peep out at the deadly air around you.

I started today with this post, and followed up with what I thought were interesting links. How the fuck is that trolling? Sanctimonious hogwash.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#394 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:36:23 pm
It sounds like you're using the phrase "psy-op" because it sounds scary and fits with your conspiracy theory narrative. You could just as easily refer to it as "advertising" or a "public awareness campaign".

Gruesome photos on packs of cigarettes, videos of kids getting run over by speeding drivers on TV, or billboards encouraging drivers to THINK BIKE: are these also psy-ops?

The difference being one is based on a reliable fact, getting run over is usually problematic vs the other being based on speculation and not knowing (ironically you’re more likely to die in a car accident on your daily commute than get killed by covid)

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#395 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:40:19 pm

Which part of what is going on currently do you have have an issue with? Do you think if everyone just went back to acting as normal then there wouldn't be 100k's more deaths, or is it that you think that is acceptable? Is it just the masks? Do you need a hug from someone who insists on keeping 2 m from you?

From your posts it's very hard to tell where your issues actually lie, and it just somes accross as v poor trolling.

tomtom

• forum hero
#396 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:42:26 pm

Not trolling? Really?

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#397 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:47:41 pm
No that’s just being a dick.

Muscle.Coach

• regular
#398 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:51:09 pm
Always happy to join in a bit of mildly insulting banter e.g ‘jog on sunshine’ etc,
However I maintain I came back on the forum to post some links and raise some questions.
It deteriorated because you chaps didn’t agree / like what I said. Funny that

JamieG

• forum hero
#399 Re: Local Lockdowns
October 28, 2020, 08:51:38 pm
Masks are now here to stay, enjoy the the feeling of security they afford as you peep out at the deadly air around you.

This sounds a bit like "trolling" or a least you are trying to get a rise out of people. Which you seem to have succeeded at.

As for the discussion. Several posters have responded to the mask link you posted by asking why the authors don't just publish a pre-print if they think it is so important. This doesn't in anyway effect you're ability to publish a paper later. So it seems like the authors probably have an okay study on their hands with limited conclusions which would normally just go into a standard journal. Yet they are complaining they haven't got into some of the most prestigious medical journals around. To me it sounds like they are trying to drum up controversy (I don't know why) rather than being suppressed. But you haven't responded to that yet. Apart from something about it being red-lighted by militant propagandists, which still doesn't explain why they don't just publish a pre-print.

Most people here are pretty happy to discuss things, yes it leans left, but definitely not exclusively. You definitely came out swinging from the start which is why people are being more hostile now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal