UKBouldering.com

Power Club 526 6th April - 12th April 2020 (Read 8948 times)

Dolly

• forum hero
At the great risk of sounding like/actually being Martin Goodman from Friday Night Dinner I’ve got bloody elbow bursitis
Yes it bloody hurts
Been taking naproxen but I’ve basically just got one arm ATM
I can’t climb

I had it 4 years ago but although it looked bad it didn’t actually stop me climbing or training as long as I took care not to bang it. Swelling went down in a week but was tender for a while after

Cheers but starting to think it might be tendinitis
I’ve had bursitis before but there’s no real swelling of the bursa

Also boss found 8 bottles of Chateau bel Air 2010  that I’d put in the summerhouse 3 years ago and forgotten about and still tastes good

Mmmmm

Dolly

• forum hero
Also what's Yr baba ganoush recipe, going to try making some this week if the supermarket's got tahini. Did you char aubergine on the braai?

No doubt Dolly has his own answer, but I've used this one many times with good results.

https://cookieandkate.com/epic-baba-ganoush-recipe/

Andy’s recipe looks good but TBH. I made it up
Circa roasted au s at210 degrees then just added lemon juice garlic oil and salt until it tasted right

Duma

• forum hero
No tahini?! I'm starting to lose faith in your power club entries. I gave it a go last night but had hardly any charcoal left so didn't really get that smokey awesomeness I wanted. Overdid the lemon too

andy popp

• forum hero
Also what's Yr baba ganoush recipe, going to try making some this week if the supermarket's got tahini. Did you char aubergine on the braai?

No doubt Dolly has his own answer, but I've used this one many times with good results.

https://cookieandkate.com/epic-baba-ganoush-recipe/

Andy’s recipe looks good but TBH. I made it up
Circa roasted au s at210 degrees then just added lemon juice garlic oil and salt until it tasted right

No tahini!!!!!!!!!

Once you've made it a few times you don't need a recipe.

Duma

• forum hero
Ha, jinx!

Evil

• addict
At the great risk of sounding like/actually being Martin Goodman from Friday Night Dinner I’ve got bloody elbow bursitis
Yes it bloody hurts

I had a septic bursitis in my elbow just before the lockdown started, so I spent the week before it all kicked off going to hospital to be injected with antibiotics and sleeping at home, then as it settled down the world shut down. My whole arm swelled up really suddenly, it was pretty weird. I hadn't knocked it and there was no broken skin. Although the massive arm thing went away quite quickly again they said the final little bit on the end of the elbow can take months to go away  :shrug:

Dolly

• forum hero
No tahini?! I'm starting to lose faith in your power club entries. I gave it a go last night but had hardly any charcoal left so didn't really get that smokey awesomeness I wanted. Overdid the lemon too

Sorry I did put tahini in (blush)

Dolly

• forum hero
Yes it bloody hurts

I had a septic bursitis in my elbow just before the lockdown started, so I spent the week before it all kicked off going to hospital to be injected with antibiotics and sleeping at home, then as it settled down the world shut down. My whole arm swelled up really suddenly, it was pretty weird. I hadn't knocked it and there was no broken skin. Although the massive arm thing went away quite quickly again they said the final little bit on the end of the elbow can take months to go away  :shrug:

Ok cheers

Herbert

• regular
I've found charring the aubergines on a gas hob imparts a good level of smokiness... associated mess and impact on air quality totally worth it.

Duma

• forum hero

Sorry I did put tahini in (blush)

Phew!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal