UKBouldering.com

Power Club 472 18th - 24th March 2019 (Read 11457 times)

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
Power Club 472 18th - 24th March 2019
March 24, 2019, 07:11:57 pm
M-F: No climbing as didn't want to fuck up skin before fingerprints being scanned at visa interview. Visa interview went well, YYFY - never been more scared / nervous in my life.

S: Earl Crag - great day, one of my favourite crags. Managed John Dunne Slap 6B, Desert Island Arete 7A+ and Andy Brown's Wall 7B:

S: Anston - not feeling great but managed to get up Reservation Blocker 7A+

Mint last weekend climbing outdoors in UK before I move abroad  :2thumbsup:

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
Looks fun! Just training for me this week.

STG - Climb Fighting Torque.
Weight ~75kg.
MTG - Plan Spring Font trip
LTG - 7C

This week essentially a break from the project as working every day, not free at weekend. Aim to train hard followed by a mini taper.

M - Anderson style repeaters on bottom BM 2000 crimps. ~40 mins, good session.

T - Compressed session due to late finish at work and then children on the 40 degree board inexplicably. Warm up and then a little foot on campus board waiting for board to free up. Then 5 sets of my PE circuit but with only 5 mins rest between. Not long enough rest for high enough quality goes, but had limited time. Certainly tried hard.

W - Rest.

T - Good session. Warm up and then 8 sets on PE circuit. More time to rest, much higher quality. Bizarre presence of children again, this time learning how to drop knee on jugs around the side. Focused the mind a bit when they ran underneath me.

F - Weighted pull ups, progressive warm up then 5 sets of 5 +30kg.

S - Anti Brexit protesting. Fair amount of marching.

S - Napping and not achieving much of worth. Some hip stretches this eve planned.

Pretty good week, went as planned, no soft sessions. Hopefully will feel back up to form this week!

Only downside, weight seems a bit stuck over 76kg this week. Need to be a bit more careful.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Thanks coops

11.1-3 Average 156.4 down 0.1lbs

M Evening. Ergo Edge. Some progress on the last session

T

W

T Morning. Ergo Edge Progress. Solid half crimp hangs 10sec at +25kg

F Afternoon. Home FB warmup Got to Tor at 1pm. Forgot kneebad (found it later in car). Started working the moves on Bens without a kneepad. Fortunately Theo turned up without a pad. Did kneebar rest to next kneebar first go with great control. Tried from start and did from start to kick move 3x in a row and unlucky not to get further as connected foot with niche each time I think. On 2nd and 3rd attempt managed to walk my feet around to first kneebar rather than lose contact and swivel around which is something I’ve aspired to do since first trying it. Powered out with sore skin on 4 attempt. Draws in Tin Of and was able to lead it pretty slickly. Tried to TR straight away but got pumped and came off crux. Good session but wished I’d joined Paul on grit when I heard from him later that conditions were mint

S Two solid hours of ditch digging. ShAFF in evening

S Noon. Ergo Edge. Progress. Solid half crimp hangs 10sec at +26.25g

Low psyche week at least for climbing. Maybe a result of combination of tail end of a cold and Malham being fucked. Hence mainly fingerboarded to keep ticking over as also wanted to fully recover from previous weeks cold. Also a good opportunity to keep experimenting with the ergo edge play with my new toy.

Did some interesting fossicking with the dogs on Tuesday questing for new problems in deepest esoteria. Some stuff to clean up and get stuck into with Ben when he comes home from uni as he’s really into that. He’s been cleaning up and putting up some new problems on some really rank looking buttresses in Bristol.

Planned trip to Malham on Friday cancelled on Thursday as reports on FB showed it was absolutely drenched. I’ve also dipped out of going on Monday as can’t see it being dried out by then but still pencilled in for Friday.

In other news had a couple of interesting meetings with CEO’s of Sport NGB’s for exciting commercial consultancy work/employment. In fact got so engrossed writing a proposal on weds that I missed a Pilates taster session and almost forgot about the Peak Area meeting after.

Looked like I was heading for average weight gain this week for the first time this year but 2 hours of ditch digging and a 2 mile uphill walk after ShAFF on sat sufficiently reduced the average and have a good low base to start the new week. No alcohol, only eat if hungry and low carb this week. Reckon I’m still carrying an unnecessary 2kg.

Going to pull my finger out and have another go at Piss tomorrow afternoon as conditions look mint

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:56:53 pm by shark »

Murph

• forum abuser
Farewell Coops!

M- stretches
T- curbar session. Bad Lip went in two tries. Should have been pleased but it was too easy. Weird that. In contrast, my long-standing battle with being brave enough to man up for early doors continues. I just couldn’t convince myself to pull up with a heel above my head while my head was above that block thing. At least it felt like that. Needs a spot. A tustle then ensued with Dan’s Wall 7A where I honestly did try really hard but think I was trying hard the wrong way.
W- felt shocking
T- missed Thursday training to share parenting duties of He Who Will Not Go To Bed. Stretches.
F-
S- a day of two sessions. A brief morning one to revisit Dan’s. I probably shouldn’t share this but if you want to see someone shaking like a leaf, almost giving up about three times, then quivering to the glory of a font 4 top out be my guest. That one really did give me the nice feeling. Good problem I reckon.

Then after swimming lessons went to anstons (don’t spend an hour in a swimming pool before climbing it’s really daft). Did horrendously badly on blind bat - couldn’t even do the start this time...and last stand was going nowhere. Then when I thought I was going to leave with nothing but happy memories I ticked Blue Circles 7A and Beta Blocker 7A (easy for the short). Three new 7s in a day that hasn’t happened in a while!

S- family Robin Hood session. Spinal/small slab felt impossible despite conditions but I’m going to work it really hard every time I go and am sure it’ll go one day.

Good week that, both bad lip and beta felt pretty repeatable and both have harder start variants so keen to get back.

67.5->68.0 not so great there but you can’t win em all.

Need to get back in the nightly stretch and roll routine. Shoulders and hamstrings feel like junk.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

M - Anston - All clunk and no click.  Played on the current batch of stuff I'm trying but no progress on anything.
Core back home
bit of shoulder mobility

T -
AM - squats, lunges, hip thrust, decided DL probably deserved to be on a different day
shoulder mobilty PM

W - Cratcliffe - been meaning to have a look at T Crack all year so left it til the warmest day of winter. Still can't campus the top but worked a method which will work. Will keep it on simmer for a cooler period.
Core back home
leg & hip mobility eve

Th - housework AM, token shoulder mobility PM

Fr -
AM quick warm up at home then headed to Curbar. Repeated Bad Lip and had a quick refresher on the Late Junction moves then did it first try of the day, good to get it but hadn't refined the moves so mistake ridden and zero style points earned. 

Headed over to Humpin' which put up a bit more of a struggle.  Thought I'd got it quickly then dabbed the block changing feet on the GW foothold.

Tried Jihad but couldn't do the big move so tried to repeat Early Doors. Did it from the crimps easily then 3 attempts to the lip but just couldn't make myself go for the edges over the top.
Back home to await a new washing machine being delivered  :punk:

PM
Hollow body hangs
Scap pullups to +20kg
handstands
TRX row, inverted fly, Ys & reverse Ys
DL to 125% BW (x5), was feeling hard and wasn't sure of form so opted not to push the weight up

Eve - leg and hip stretches

S - surprised to find the nocturnal steamroller hadn't visited. Good shoulder mobility session in the evening

S - leg & hip mobility AM.
Thought that was it for the day but a short window cracked opened, had a mind freeze and decided to go try La Musee imaginaire. Wish I could have thought of something more imaginative.
Almost got the move to the arete but was running out of time, skin and enthusiasm.
Might have managed Late Junction Left Hand... As it finishes up Detox, which uses the Bad Lip jug, logically that's in for feet but it was one of those that felt a bit easy with it but total nails without it.  It'd also be a shit, bunched, eliminate without it so let's say it's cricket and I'll take the tick.

Bit of core back home but big week ahead and didn't want to knacker myself out.

Murph

• forum abuser
Ha! I was just thinking about late junction too Nai. Good tick that  :thumbsup:

tomtom

• forum hero
Ha! I was just thinking about late junction too Nai. Good tick that  :thumbsup:

I really like it - looks rather contrived but climbs really well.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
You'll piss it if you find bad lip easy, get to it.
And why is your foot so high on ED?
Good effort this week, I thought Beta Blocker was soft first time I did it but it felt more like the grade when I repeated it recently.
Did think Blue Circles was soft though I'm afraid, more like 6C.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
F - Day off work. Back Bowden being a punter. Got Steve to lead me up some nice routes. Led The Sorcerer and Duke of York. Seconded some E2s and E3s. Rain was approaching so had a choice to make about leading Outward Bound or trying to finish Hard Reign Direct which I'd narrowly missed out on last time at the crag. Chose the bouldering and fortunately managed it. Kept getting up to the last real move putting your left hand in the pocket and scrabbling my hand around endlessly not finding the pocket. Then actually tried LOOKING at the pocket and did it. Phew. Would have been a right wobbler thrown if I'd not managed it!

Enjoyed an evening's hospitality at Chez Franco. Fabulous slipperwear and got a sneak preview of his Moors definitive guide and it looks fucking EPIC.

S - Callerhues. Wow. What an incredible crag. Feels wild and out there. Great to be climbing slabby thinky stuff with Warbs - I always climb better around him. Warmed up on the Detached Block which was beautiful.  Then Crouching the Mahogany which was utterly brilliant. One of the best highballs I've ever done. Then an old skool E4 thing called Green Fluff which was sweet. Then tried Air which was a bit log. A nice feature but crux is pulling your arse off the floor. Enjoyed the 7A+ to the right, techy little arete thing. Then a "7A" on the far right called Softly Softly which was easier than the 6C on the Detached Block! Then On The Mark (7A+) and then a "just one more" thing which turned out to be an easy but previously unrecorded thing. So a bit of a vintage day out. Loved it.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
 M - Push session. Smith Machine bench which I never do, but go for 12 reps at 60. Normal bench with 8 at 60 and then decline and incline. Have a plan to do one hypertrophy session a week, one 5x5 and one strength.
Depot session in the evening. Solid campus warm up and then 34 sec and hang on the 6 mm Transgression Board. This may have been a bad idea based on subsequent session.
Project session and it really didn’t happen tonight. Things that I thought I was really close to felt nails and was back to doing single moves pretty much although did get the Zoo York replica in two solid halves and getting through the crux fairly consistently.
Then get drawn into working a problem on the 30 Board. Once I get it, I go on to do Power Triples and include this problem. Much better on this exercise.
When I get home I still need to run, so get out and hunt down hills which is fairly easy when you live in Huddersfield.

T - Leg day. Squats up to 120k, deads for reps at 100k. Pretty good session.
Max hangs at around 99%. Felt much better than last time.
Evening at the Depot doing Strength Intervals on the 50 Board for four problems and the 30 board for one. Still not really firing this week. Finding things that a couple of weeks ago felt steady feel really hard and not flowing at all. Sure it will come back. Will see how I feel next week with these exercises and if still struggling will make some changes.
Finish off with a bit of footless bouldering. Four problems for three reps each. Doing Black problems out in the main room, which feels about right for my standard at the moment. This was more successful than the earlier session and got a bit of flow going.

W- Pull day.. start off with some really slow wide grip pulls and then on to 3reps of OAP with weight added on RH and taken off on LH. Then into some 10 second locks at 90 degrees. Three sets for RH and 5 for LH to try to get rid of some of the imbalance. Finish off with some scapular work.
Steady treadmill run at lunchtime to restore calm in my mind.

T - Evening session at the Depot just got fun. Lots of trying and a bit of ticking including things I’ve done before for volume. I end up finishing off with One minute on two off which I start on the circuit board but finish going up and down things on the comp wall, which is much more physical and much more fun.

F - Out for an early run today as got lots of work and social things going on. Chuffed to get a PB on my local 5k route that starts with 2k of climbing.

S - Push day. Bench for doubles up to 90 followed by declines and inclines and then a load of drop sets on flys and finish off chest with some plate presses including isometrics. A bit of tension work and then home.
Very steady run with Mrs B in the sun, chatting all the way.

S - Start off with a Pull session. Deadlifts up to 150 to get body firing. OAP for 3s with BW on RH and with slight support on LH. Some very slow, very wide grip pull ups, shoulder activations, locks and core work.
20k run up to Scammonden Dam and back with Mrs B, which is effectively a steady uphill all the way out and downhill all the way back. First time I’ve been that far in quite a long time, let’s see how the legs feel tomorrow.
Finish the week with a Max Hangs session at about 99%. Think I need to change this protocol as been doing it for a while now.

A fun week but not one where I climbed particularly well on the finger strength related stuff but did okay at the more technical stuff.

Murph

• forum abuser
And why is your foot so high on ED?
Did think Blue Circles was soft

ED - well I gues the foot isn’t so high but it is quite high. This hero makes it look easy but I get a bit scared of falling off at around 15s. It’s all in the mind.

Blue Circles - yeah no objection here it felt soft. But it required a bit of figuring out. Bad Lip didn’t so actually felt softer. Bad<Blue<Beta<<<Dans IME. Blind & Stand were in another league for me on Saturday though so what do I know!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Can't remember if I posted my Blind Bat beta, I couldn't lunge between the bivi ledges so did it like this.

Been on Last Stand recently trying 24.9, hard to explain the exact beta but left heel about six inches in from LHS of shelf, get the undercut then RF comes on to a highish smear underneath you with knee pointing right to open the hip so you're face on to the rock. Bosh up for the ledge.

ED. There's certain folk you learn not to trust their beta, Ross is too strong for these grades, he just smashes through them on brute strength where most folk will need some technique.
Drop the heel down when you get RH on the right crimp, RF on a choice of small holds, LH crimp, set, RH straight for the higher hold Ross briefly uses for LH. RF up onto another choice of footholds, LH to the unhelpful stuff at the top of the feature, over the top. Do it a few times from the crimps to get it wired. Or find a friend.... And definitely cover that block against the back wall

tomtom

• forum hero
Mon > Friday. Away somewhere sunny with 40 students. Long days - working into the evenings.

Though - our schedule wasnt as bad as in previous years, so managed to do some back exercises for 3-4 days - AND the hotel had a great pool. I rarely go swimming (apart from in a baby pool with the boy) so - over a period of days I went from 10-12-14-20 lengths (only 12m or so..) which was great. My swimming technique (only breast stroke) is not great - but on the last couple of sessions I managed to 'get in my zone' where I found a really nice rythm and just plodded away. Should do more - probabaly great for my shoulders...

Managed to keep up my tennis elbow negative wrist curls - using a shopping bag filled with water bottles. Though didnt manage any for the last couple of days and it felt bad yesterday morning. Back late friday night

Sa: Sister in law, Husband and 1.5 YO arrived......

Su: After exemplary family engagement I was given a late afternoon pass. Dived down to Helsby in the Woods. First visit for 8-9 months.

A really strange session. I've been working quite a bit over the last 4-6 weeks on hip flexibility and being able to push off toes/feet well quite far away from the body (linked but not identical I guess) and I climbed alot of things I've climbed before in quite a different way! Actually felt very satisfying. Thought I was on a roll until I got shut down on the 7A+/7B traverse I usually have nailed :) Ended up doing a new eliminate on the nose at c.6C+/7A linking two of my favourite holds on the crag with a lovely move. That sounds a bit odd - but its correct.

Managed to gain 3lbs while away which is a pain - and my skins soft again - but hopefully I can get back to where I was farily quickly as I was on a good streak before I went away. I had hoped a week off would help my Tennis Elbow niggles - but no - its going to be a long haul I think. At least its managable at the moment.

Duma

• forum hero
Power Club

Goals: Uninjured, 70kg, 8A in UK, Rocklands in June.

M - TCA lunch, half arsed moonboard session. No new links on Pure Wood, but might have decided to switch knee to inside right arm on set up for move 3 (crux). Harder to keep foot on this way but easier to get the hold well. Went back in afternoon as daughter keen, recovery level bouldering. 30PU, 20SU, 10VSit, 10LR, 60s SK.

T - 40PU, 15SU, 15VSit, 10LR, 60s SK.

W - TCA, new hard set so tried a few of those. Not feeling great but managed 4 of the 13 I tried. Pretty poor result tbh. 30PU, 10SU, 10VSit, 10LR, 60s SK.

T - 40PU, 30SU, 10VSit, 10LR, 60s SK.

F - 30PU.

S - 30PU.

S - 30PU, 10SU, 10VSit, 10LR 60s SK.

Av 70.3kg.

Shit week really, heavy (though back below 70 on Sunday), knackered from night shifts so mid week sessions were a bit crap, and child care schedule mixup meant my weekend away in the Peak was swapped for dad duty at the last minute. Lower back was bit uncomfortable Thurs so sacked off the core stuff over the weekend, seems improved by last night.

sdm

• forum abuser
ED. There's certain folk you learn not to trust their beta, Ross is too strong for these grades, he just smashes through them on brute strength where most folk will need some technique.
Drop the heel down when you get RH on the right crimp, RF on a choice of small holds, LH crimp, set, RH straight for the higher hold Ross briefly uses for LH. RF up onto another choice of footholds, LH to the unhelpful stuff at the top of the feature, over the top. Do it a few times from the crimps to get it wired. Or find a friend.... And definitely cover that block against the back wall
I use the same high heel on Early Doors and Gorilla Warfare. If your hips are quite open, you can take a lot of weight on the heel, making it easier to hold the sloper. I was never concerned about falling with the heel and I don't think anyone was spotting. If you've got 3 mats, you'll be fine.

Nobody else used that heel though so try the lower feet if the heel feels scary.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Rehab Diaries Week Thirty-one

STG- "Retro-redpoint" Consenting Adults by end of March, onsighting HVS/ low 6s by end of September.

M- Walk up to Stanage from Redmires.

T-Repeaters and pushups- did 3 sets of 40 pushups. I recently scoured my training diaries and noted down all my PBs at various strength exercises- this is the first one I’ve ticked.  :dance1:

W- Rest. BMC Peak meet- best one for ages.

T- Rest.

F- Walked up the north side of Kinder via the Snake Path then heading straight up to the far end of Ashop Edge. Anyone who’s familiar with this will know that it’s a right slog. Took camera etc. and went various different ways on the way back refining my knowledge of the approach. Hard work! Couldn’t walk properly in the evening.

S- Plan was to go to the Foundry early on then head to the Roaches to photograph climbers. Being absolutely sore and knackered changed this to lying in bed all morning then going to get some photos at Burbage assisted by the cheap binoculars I got from Decathlon the other week, El Cap Report style. Ended up walking a circuit of the entire valley.

S- Race support for girlfriend at Wilmslow half marathon. Must have done a good job as she got a PB.

Busy week and one that I’d planned around climbing on Friday that was scuppered by conditions. Did lots of exercise though. Hoping to get to Malham on Thursday this week for a last-minute attempt at ticking Consenting before the anniversary of my accident then trad at the weekend.

yetix

• forum abuser
M: Rest
T: Rest
W: Recruitment hangs in the morning before heading out. Tried to go the cave. Rockfall mean't we couldn't go on the Great Orme, so went to the Little Orme instead. Tried pulling onto a few of the problems there, but something in my wrist felt wrong and out of place whenever I tried to pull on it. Had a bit of a strop and didn't try much else. Went to the depot afterwards and that was equally unsuccessful.
T: woke up and wrist popped in a weird way and then felt better. Relieved rest day.
F: Recruitment hangs in the morning before heading out. Cave. Warmed up and tried the linking moves over the arch for cave life, still can't handle the cutloose/toehook! then tried RA from the wobbly block with little success. Tried to do CB low start but felt to boxed to even get to the end!
S: Rest
S: Recruitment hangs in the morning before heading out. Bowderstone. Repeated Picnic Sarcastic first go then sent the sit within a couple of goes. The wind started to really pick up as I moved onto trying Impropa Opera so had lots of goes in quick succession trying to keep warm. No success, not resting well definitely didn't help. Moved onto Power Pinch, this felt closer to going. Then had a few goes at Picnic Direct at the end of the session, dropping the last move, should go next time, and also opens up Hot Air as well as the low starts to these for next time.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
Back from a week in St Leger; another brilliant crag that I thoroughly recommend. Thanks to those who recommended routes on the other thread. Pretty sure I got fitter as the week progressed but didn't have the guns to finish off Les Clowns in iffy conditions on the last day. What a route though. Other good routes included La Porte de Champs Elysees (7a+), La Chevauchee Fantastique and Moby Dick (7b+; never seen 7c!). Still not done a genuine French 7c...

Skin is in ruins so anticipating a slower week with a trip to the wall later in the week and hopefully Malham on Sunday...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
M- nowt
T - run in woods 8km
W - evening boulder session. Felt OK, got some good new stuff done.
T - lunch yoga
F - nowt
S - bowling with kids, i guess that exercises one arm at least.
S - Garioch half marathon. Steep route, and headwind all the way out, sheltered all the way back. 1:47, 7 mins off pb but i'll take it in those conditions. Kids enjoyed kids races and portable climbing wall.

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
Another encouraging week regarding elbow rehab and general fitness.

M - Wall session with no real direction beyond "let's do some harder stuff". Felt good and did a bunch of stuff I was doing at the start of the year before my decline in form. Fell off the last move of my long traverse project which I was very pleased with, as it felt like I might actually be able to stick it if I got it a bit better. Elbow status - seeing recovery from these exercises.

T - Was planning on a rest day but then got to watching the video of Caff on meltdown, which got me a bit psyched for slabby stuff. Went to the wall and vowed not to touch anything steep, and just ended up doing a bunch of my awkward techy slabs, and trying to features arete project (still impossible). Footwork feeling good, as is general body awareness. Elbow rehab and core in the evening.

W - Definitely should have had a rest day, but didn't. Went through the panel book and did everything except the hard one. Slippery in box so couldn't do the friction dependent problems in the corner on our beautiful new bleaustone holds. Elbow rehab - Very encouraged by the fact that general burning at the medial epicondyle when I stretch has reduced by ~90%. I think it's working...

T - Full rest.

F - Felt strong, did a bunch of hard stuff and focused on power. Did our 1-5-8.5 equivalent on the panel (1 inch rungs), which I always thought was easier than a board, but I whipped a ruler out and found that the spacing is 21cm, which was a pleasant surprise.

S - Core. Bunch of front levers on jugs, which are feeling decently solid at the moment. Holding for 8 seconds, 6 of which were solid form, the last 2 were a little poorer. Still, happy with the progress.

S - Outrageously hungover. Barely moved.

The miraculous improvement in my elbow from the Julian Saunders exercises is the victory this week. It hasn't felt like this in over a year.

We are off to north wales tomorrow for some pass action. I think our plan involves getting scared and tired on left wall, then some bouldering. I feel like it's about time I put some effort into an 8th grade boulder, and Diesel Power fits my strengths at the moment, being a fingery tension test-piece. I usually hate siegeing anything so just end up doing a bunch of things that don't take me more than 20 minutes.

We shall see...

Murph

• forum abuser
Cheque - again, your rehab diaries are inspiring. Well done on pb!

Nai - you had shared before and I’m most grateful. There were various tall folk campussing up to the “bivi edge” on sat. And someone shorter than me brushing an “intermediate” that looked like a flat bit of wall. I go straight to the 1cm deep hold right of the bivi. That sidepull out right was what looked most useful.  Love your open hip beta for last/24.9. Will give that a go.

On ED -  and thanks sdm - I’ve just got to man up. Ross is obviously very strong but he also appears to try hard. A winning combo. I hadn’t actually looked at the beta recently so when I was there I just thought going up with that heel on felt unlikely and I struggle to try hard unless I know it’s the right way. Strange but true.

andy_e

• forum hero
Skin is in ruins so anticipating a slower week with a trip to the wall later in the week and hopefully Malham on Sunday...

Yeah right. You'll be back running laps on the mock tomorrow evening.

Smith42

• regular
M – Easy circuits in old comfy five tens.  FB max hangs.  Core work out.

T – More easy/medium problems in comfy shoes, felt like I was climbing rubbish.

W – Ran 5km.

Th – More easy/medium problems in comfy shoes, rubbish again.  FB max hangs then my eldest son came in and wanted to campus which turned out to be fun but below par performance from me.

F – Ran 5km - bike 15km.

Sat – First time in two weeks with performance rock shoes on, more problems at wall in morning with sons.  Although climbing was a mixed success the bruised toe felt better than expected so decided on quick session at Shafto on Power Is Nothing Without Control.  Anyway after much laughter and a lengthy process of elimination I managed to work out the start, crux and finish.  Ran out of skin and energy for a send attempt.  Toe started throbbing again.

Sun - Kyloe Out with eldest son and his girlfriend.  Really windy but had a decent go at couple of things.  Close on both good but was finding it hard to warm up, stay warm, skin was trashed, toe and body aching. Got to get those excuses in.

Looking back it was an interesting week.  Great to be back climbing but defiantly dipped in form and have found this hard to handle.  Just keep on reminding myself to keep doing the right things in training and the results will come. 
Think I’ve also drifted in to some bad eating habits, too much coffee and sugar in my diet and iv terrible habit of over eating when I’m bored or sat watching Netflix.   

spidermonkey09

• forum hero

Yeah right. You'll be back running laps on the mock tomorrow evening.

I definitively will not! Thursday, perhaps, although Mock might be a project again now  :o

On a more general note, in the interest of keeping training interesting I'm going to try and do some campusing over the next few months, on the basis this should help maintain an element of explosive power which might be useful on routes. I have never done any of this (only foot on laddering) so an idiots guide would be much appreciated. Do I start on the medium rungs or on the big ones and graduate down? What rungs and reps are a good starter point?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
in the interest of keeping training interesting I'm going to try and do some campusing over the next few months

Now there's an oxymoron!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal