the site > site notices and updates

Forum software/theme

<< < (2/9) > >>

tomtom:

--- Quote from: tommytwotone on October 31, 2017, 01:44:13 pm ---but I ... think it could short/medium term be the beginning of the end of something that is of huge value to the climbing community.

--- End quote ---

+1 those are my views too....

It's now not worth the effort/pain of trying to view on a mobile any more for me.

So my interactions will only be when at work, and the new desktop version isn't too flash.

As 3T said - instead of updating servers etc.. maybe bite the bullet and move to a different system - google discussions for example, lock all the old threads and archive. Even Facebook....

standard:
Do not agree about swapping out for new forum software. That will definitely kill ukb (unless all content was moved without fail).

I can't see what the problem is with reverting to the default theme, as before. It's better than this.

tomtom:
Needs a mobile view/theme/option... 80-90% of my viewing was from mobile

a quick google shows that now over 50% of all webpage traffic worldwide is from mobile.. 

Fiend:
I concur. I'm still using UKB fine, have had time to adjust to it, and there's plenty I just don't like about it. Too bright, too monochrome, harder to read, less gently broken up by blue / grey colours, less separation between people's posts, unread message symbology is less eye-catching, avatars are distorted, circular design for avatars is contrary to 99% of how images are viewed, dashed outline is ugly, usernames are much harder to read, there might be more.

Clart:
I mainly view ukb on tapatalk but it doesn't seem to work on that anymore. New theme is way too bright and hard to read. I can see myself using this less and less as a result. Sad as it was a good source of info.  :wavecry:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version