the site > site notices and updates

Forum software/theme

(1/9) > >>

Duma:
Not sure why the previous topic was locked?
Would be nice to know what, if anything, the IO's are planning?
Does anyone think the current theme is ok? (as anything other than a stopgap). Of course I do appreciate that the previous version had become unstable and needed something done, but surely a usable mobile version is an absolute minimum requirement? And changing the colours, text etc shouldn't be that difficult?

Another issue I've found is when on a mobile I can't wad or punter anyone - if I expand the member details under their avatar the option doesn't appear (chrome on android)

Luke Owens:

--- Quote from: Duma on October 31, 2017, 11:00:32 am ---Does anyone think the current theme is ok?

--- End quote ---

I don't like it personally and would prefer something more like what it used to be.

petejh:
The new look is hard on the eye. Font is too small. The loss of karma comments is a negative. A few other subtle differences in the overall look which add up to a more user-unfriendly experience.

I appreciate the effort in sorting out bugs. For me this new format has had a negative effect on using ukb. 

tommytwotone:
Toby / Shark - is there the option for a rollback? Or would that just result in the forum being down?

Potential for a mass migration to an alternative platform?

Understand it would be a significant piece of work but I agree with pete re the look and feel, and think it could short/medium term be the beginning of the end of something that is of huge value to the climbing community.

tommytwotone:
In fact...

https://www.discourse.org/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version