UKBouldering.com

Hubble anectodes (Read 12066 times)

dave

#25 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 03:16:08 pm
Dunno, presume there was a rope in place.

tomtom

• forum hero
#26 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 03:24:05 pm
An ascent by Shark?
I'm just happy knowing I've done it. And that's enough

So it's 8b then?

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#27 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 03:25:40 pm

Maybe he topped out !

It's about time some frenchies came over and soloed it.
Then ste mac can go and climb the buoux bombe bleu project and call it Joan of Arc burn baby burn

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#28 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 03:26:54 pm

Maybe he topped out !

Or casually reversed the route back to the ground.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#29 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 03:31:50 pm
Yes, exactly, we are interested in unknown anectodes, nothing that already appeared in other interviews.
Everything that constitues the aura that surround the route.

If the anecdotes are not widely known then how can they be adding to the aura of the route?  :-\
Jesusfuckingchrist Slackers, you're so boring.
Because what really fascinates us is the myth, the legend, the small details that are passed by only in random conversations. Something vaguely mysterious and uncertain.
An aura is undefined, it is there but not clear in its margins.
What is widely known and accepted does not necessarily constitute the aura, but the reputation, that is based on facts.

Disclaimer: I don't want to sound offensive, but I found your post really irritating. Maybe I'm overreacting.
EDITED FOR GRAMMAR
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:56:15 pm by Nibile »

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#30 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 03:32:40 pm
Oh, and sorry for mistyping the title, could some Overlord correct it?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#31 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 03:51:35 pm

Jesusfuckingchrist Slackers, you're so boring.

Thank you.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#32 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 04:14:44 pm
Oh, and sorry for mistyping the title, could some Overlord correct it?

Antidotes ?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#33 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 04:21:08 pm
An ascent by Shark?

:rtfm: That was between you and me. I climb for myself not public recognition. Its not a competition. Now everyone will just be after proof, proof, proof. Its pathetic. Stuff them all. It is the beauty of the line that interests me. And the MOVE. The hard work paid off. It was amazing the way it all came together on the day. I'm just happy knowing I've done it. And that's enough

8c+ or 9a?

Hard to tell - it was quite greasy. Probably 9a+ in the conditions. Still not as hard as VNB though. And I don't care about grades. It's the challenge. And the line. And the Move. And of course the people -although there wasn't anybody there that day. Sometimes it's about the solitude

Wood FT

• forum hero
#34 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 04:28:29 pm
An ascent by Shark?

:rtfm: That was between you and me. I climb for myself not public recognition. Its not a competition. Now everyone will just be after proof, proof, proof. Its pathetic. Stuff them all. It is the beauty of the line that interests me. And the MOVE. The hard work paid off. It was amazing the way it all came together on the day. I'm just happy knowing I've done it. And that's enough

8c+ or 9a?

Hard to tell - it was quite greasy. Probably 9a+ in the conditions. Still not as hard as VNB though. And I don't care about grades. It's the challenge. And the line. And the Move. And of course the people -although there wasn't anybody there that day. Sometimes it's about the solitude

and the film crew

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#35 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 04:51:48 pm

I know I am an unengaging chap, but completely forgetting about my presence seems a bit remiss.  Don't you remember - I didn't have a guidebook, so I did that route you recommended - next to the one you were on - can't quite recall the name - Brandenburg thingummy? Really dusty and unclimbed seeming - climbed nicely though - you got a bit huffy and said I lanked it?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:15:31 pm by moose »

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#36 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 05:06:08 pm

I know I am an unengaging chap, but completely forgetting about my presence seems a bit remiss.  Don't you remember - I didn't have a guidebook, so I did that route you recommended - next to the one you were on - can't quite recall the name - Brandenburg thingummy? Really dusty and unclimbed seeming - climbed nicely though - you got a but huffy and said I lanked it?

Don't know who you are or what planet you are from, there there are only three people who can pull on those holds: Me, myself and G

Delusional mentalist

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#37 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 05:44:40 pm
You'd also have to get down from the Revelations belay, which would require a harness and rope anyway.

How did M. le Menestrel do it then?

From Peak Rock:

Quote from: Peak Rock p233
He had left a rope attached to the belay, so he could get back to the ground.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#38 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 05:55:26 pm
Yeah its all coming back now. Used to see Grimer there a lot. We used to call him G on account of that being the first letter of his name. Not the brightest though. Said he wanted to be a writer. How we laughed. But his footwork was fucking GENIUS. He struggled on Hubble though. Must have took him four, five maybe even six hours. I told him - you can stuff your fancy footwork - you need POWER. That spurred him on. Then he disappeared off the scene. Wonder whatever happened to him? Happy days
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:55:10 pm by shark »

tomtom

• forum hero
#39 Re: Hubble anectodes
November 24, 2016, 06:52:08 pm
Yeah its all coming back now. Used to see Grimer there a lot. We used to call him G on account of that being the first letter of his name. Not the brightest though. Said he wanted to be a writer. How we laughed. Might have been thick but his footwork was fucking GENIUS. He struggled on Hubble though. Must have took him four, five maybe even six hours. I told him - you can stuff your fancy footwork - you need POWER. That spurred him on. Then he disappeared off the scene. Wonder whatever happened to him? Happy days

He got bored after flashing the Oak ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal