UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 311 1st Feb - 7th Feb 2016 (Read 16382 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
Only cos you've been twice nibs ;)

Ashton if your long legs are causing problems on the heel move on trackside have you tried keeping left foot high but under the cap bit and lurching up for just below top with right hand?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
 ;D :lol:
Actually once.
Miss it even more now.

tomtom

• forum hero

Only cos you've been twice nibs ;)

Ashton if your long legs are causing problems on the heel move on trackside have you tried keeping left foot high but under the cap bit and lurching up for just below top with right hand?

I did trackside again (first time in a couple of years ) on weds - the trick for me (and I'm tall) is all in the right foot placement. I place it on the left hand wall - like everyone else - then bring my left heel up. The precise position of the rf is important here as I put a load of my weight on it to move over onto the left heel - if it's too low I can't get across. About 30cm down from the roof is perfect for me - there's no mark to put it on. Also if you point your right heel out then it puts you in more balance. Once you get it right it's piss and you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
I will try the lurch method, thanks!
Tomtom, do you mean rf on the mini arete' or actually on the wall under the roof?

I felt like I couldn't rock onto the heel as my rf was taking all my weight as well as being bunched up

tomtom

• forum hero

I will try the lurch method, thanks!
Tomtom, do you mean rf on the mini arete' or actually on the wall under the roof?

I felt like I couldn't rock onto the heel as my rf was taking all my weight as well as being bunched up

Left wall of the cut out. Once that rf is high enough you can sit in that left heel. Then reach the top. No need to lurch.

a dense loner

• forum hero
There's no need to climb :chair:

tomtom

• forum hero

There's no need to climb :chair:

We're not talking GCW trackside methods here ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal