UKBouldering.com

January Sharkathon 2016? (Read 78389 times)

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#300 Re: January Sharkathon 2016?
February 03, 2016, 08:20:55 am
1/1 - an hour or so of lugging around and chopping up wood.
2/1 - Beacon for a wall session. Got pumped on the roof circuits.
3/1 - mix of generic pushups, weights and that sort of thing. My finger feels a bit sore from yesterday.
4/1 - Wall is all being reset so I do some pullup sets and then potter home, where I have a go at a 7:3 fingerboard session, which feels very hard in my current state.
5/1 - finger completely better. Turbo trainer session - Sufferfest "The Hunted". Hard work.
6/1 - wall. Good progress on several problems. Too busy to do stamina and had forgotten good shoes for the board. Some pullups.
7/1 - wall. More problems worked out for ancap circuit. Board. Then tried some triples bit couldn't really make it work, have to try different problems. Pullups to finish.
8/1 - wall. Too busy for stamina, again. Frustrating. Problems for the AnCap circuit
9/1 - wall. Thin skin. Pushed on and did the boulder circuit ancap session - first circuit felt fairly steady but shuffled the order round a bit and felt very worked by the end of the second set. Skin too trashed to do anything else.
10/1 - Cuttings. Some easier routes and a few goes on Hall of Mirrors. Got it in two but knee a bit sore so didn't have that extra go.
11/1 - went out at lunch for a walk - about an hour. Otherwise rest
12/1 - wall. Board session. Progress on projects. Rammed! Need these New Years Resolution folk to get bored of it! Wide pulls ad bottom pulls.
13/1 am - fingerboard2. Double pullups on a 19mm edge at 95.5kg. Improvement over last time. Last set tried to upgrade to 96.6kg, managed 1 pullup but not a second.
13/1 pm - wall. Tried linked boulders, managed a solid first circuit, stepped up the difficulty a bit. However, it was making my elbows sore so I went home and did rehab.
14/1 - nothing really - usual walk to/fro work
15/1 - ditto
16/1 - Cuttings boulderfield. Ticked first Fb7 of the year relatively quickly with Terminator (7A). First of many, I hope?! Lovely sunshine to start but then really cold once the cloud came in. Watched friends and others on Nightmare Scenario and Fighting Torque which have gone on the list as things to try over the next few months.
17/1 - continuity training
18/1 - 20/1 - Nada. Exhausting.
21/1 - wall. Continuity. Ticked a board project. Felt strong. Progress on other things.
22/1 - friend visiting so nothing
23/1 - couple of hours walking round Swanage and Studland
24/1 - wall. Ticked second board project. Psyched! Did some continuity too but not a full set. Did the 7:3 half as required by the plan. Still hate them.
25/1 - rest
26/1 - wall. Had some good goes on a hard project. Another chunk of a 7:3 but it was hurting my skin a bit.
27/1 - wall but so so busy so left straight away. Short fingerboard session at home, really pulling hard. Double pullups at 95.3kg, 96.4kg (new PB), 97.6 (even newer PB), 98.7 (hell fucking yeah), and finally 100.2kg (whoop whoop!). Thats +6kg over where I started these double pullup measurements at. Base weight of 73.5kg at time of session so 136%.
28/1-29/1 - pre- Albarracin rest
30/1 - 2/2 - Albarracin. Ace little trip. Loads of cool problems done, and a whole bunch of 6Cs and 2 7As.

Late finish to Sharkathon for me. Technically maybe I could scrape success by including walking to/fro for work but thats not really success. However, it helped keep me on the slightly straighter and moderately less wide through Januarys work stress and meant I landed in Albarracin psyched, ready to go and without most of my pre-Christmas blubber.

JackAus

• junky
#301 Re: January Sharkathon 2016?
February 07, 2016, 12:47:32 am
Only one missed day the whole month and thats because it was spent sat on a plane back from Hawaii..... Still put weight on though which isn't good. Time to ditch it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal