UKBouldering.com

British Bouldering Championship 2015 this weekend in Sheffield at Cliffhanger (Read 70579 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
I don't see the league idea working, it's been tried many times before. I for one have no interest in a league programme or its transference to comps at the end. To be honest I get, and others do, a bit pissed off that the wall I go to is used for comps so much. Whilst this may seem like only a few days a year to the staff as a paying customer it certainly seems like a lot more. After all I selfishly climb for me. I like the world cups, cwif, and bbc's anything else just doesn't hold my attention.

T_B

• forum hero

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing

rich d

• forum hero
i've had emails from moon on this too, saw it advertised when i was in sheffield for work, so i'd say it was pretty well advertised this year. if the weather stays ok, i'll be taking thre kids up to watch qualifiers on saturday.

Duncan campbell

• junky
Apparently there is only 37 male entries this year!?!? Can't remember who told me this but seems pretty low?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Also the BMC posted about it a month ago.

I guess it depends what you read online Baldy.

rich d

• forum hero
Also the BMC posted about it a month ago.

I guess it depends what you read online Baldy.
As I'm driving and a tight bastard, are there any parking restrictions in Broomhall on a Saturday or will I have to go further away such as Eccleshall Rd area for free parking, it's been years since I've lived in Sheffield, cheers Rich.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Ha tommytwotone asked the same last night on Twatter.

Parking around Sheffield City Centre is £1 all day on Sundays (at least thats how I read the councils website).

Not one for 'tight bastards' but if you've kids and they like buses/trains/trams you can park and catch an exciting tram ride into the city centre.  There are official park and ride or you could park in Kelham Island (near the Foundry) as theres a tram stop not far.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Same here richd - following the shout from Slackline think I'll car / tram it as I'm sure the nipper will love the tram ride.

Coming in from Leeds so probably best / easiest for me will be to park at the Centretainment / Arena stop and then get the tram to town from there.

Would be good to see any UKB-ers there!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Coming in from Leeds so probably best / easiest for me will be to park at the Centretainment / Arena stop and then get the tram to town from there.

Would be good to see any UKB-ers there!

Tom, if the centretainment tram parking is shared with the cinema, bowling etc. beware, it's always a nightmare to find a space. Unless you'll be arriving there quite early you'll lapping the car park trying not to swear. I'd check it's a separate area before settling on this idea. 

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
Well I work in a wall about an hour down the road, and when I'm not doing anything I read UKB, UKC (news stuff only), and generally mooch on climbing info sites.

It's quite possible that I have just missed all the outlets until now, but equally - I'm amazed that I haven't been hit over the head with it for the past few weeks.  :shrug:

rich d

• forum hero
what's the weather like in the outdoor city this morning,  it's lagging it down in Nottingham and I'm trying to work out if it's worth the trip up the m1. 

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

rich d

• forum hero
cheers going to do it anyway need to do something to get rid of the hangover

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
cheers going to do it anyway need to do something to get rid of the hangover

The Devonshire Cat is a stones throw away.  :beer2:

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
Anyone been down today? What's the setup like? Anywhere to sit undercover? Are the qualification results available?

Cheers

rich d

• forum hero
Anyone been down today? What's the setup like? Anywhere to sit undercover? Are the qualification results available?

Cheers
Not much undercover, a gazebo type thing from over-caffeinated sugary drink company, more standing than sitting in there, a few deck chairs from BMC

Simon W

• menacing presence
Was down for a bit, no cover apart from a over-caffeinated sugary drink company gazebo which would squeeze about 30 people in but is off to the side. Set up well for viewing as there's a raised bank of grass set back from the wall so you can get a good view even if you're a long way back. No clue on results other than Shauna was cruising when we were there. Worth checking out the Moon tent, t shirts and shorts for a fiver  :2thumbsup:

rich d

• forum hero
results up on BMC https://www.thebmc.co.uk/media/files/Comps/bbc16_qulifiers_result.pdf managed to park in Broomhall 5 mins walk away, permit holders mon to friday free on the weekend..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal