UKBouldering.com

Tom Revell (Read 21757 times)

Rhys

• menacing presence
Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 02:35:11 pm
Yesyerday Tom from this forum was involved in a fatal climbing accident. I'm not shure of the details but he'll be sorely missed by everyone who knew him. I'm writing this because people will want to leave messages for his friends, and because no name was released on the news yesterday- people are wondering who as Bangor is a small community.

Tom was an excellent man and climber- anyone who saw him at the Ffridd wall was astonished by the holds he used to hang and his climbing was going well- the Gimp, Jerry's roof, etc. He had also just finished the second year of his degree here. It's a cruel loss.

Goodbuy mate.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 02:59:08 pm
That's tragic news Rhys - condolences to his loved ones and all those who knew him

:cry:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 03:02:33 pm
I'm very sorry to hear that. Only met Tom once, he seem like a really sound chap.

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#3 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 03:16:51 pm
That is awful new :(

LJ

• addict
#4 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 03:33:38 pm
Man, that is terrible news, i only met the guy last summer, and had already shared some quality climbing moments with him, i cant believe it, im absolutely gutted. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Such a terrible loss

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#5 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 04:02:01 pm
I also knew Tom. I was in my final year at Bangor uni and used to see him regularly down the fridd wall. He was a very talented climber and good bloke. I'm gutted. I think this is the worse thing about the sport we love :(

cofe

• forum hero
#6 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 04:20:00 pm
terrible loss. totally good, and sick strong guy.

dave

#7 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 04:30:08 pm
shit i've just clocked who it is (i'm going mental) - thats awful news. Met him a couple of times, most recently at stanage this winter. Quality fella. What can you say when this kinda thing happens? Hard to make sense of.

My thoughts go to his family.

runt

• obsessive maniac
#8 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 04:46:01 pm
Awful news, condolences to his family from another bangor ex . My thoughts go out to Jon too, we're thinking of you down here mate :(

Kim

• forum abuser
#9 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 04:57:08 pm
only bouldered with him a couple of times, sound (and strong!) bloke. really sad news.

Doylo

• forum hero
#10 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 05:16:39 pm
i had a bad feeling when i first saw the news on UKC this morning.Thats fuckin terrible. He was often on here asking about welsh climbing. Never got round to meeting him but he seemed really sound. Its certainly been a reminder to me to be ultra careful when doing routes.

Dutch Master Killa

• regular
#11 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 06:26:38 pm
Simply a legend!  Will be greatly missed by all in Bangor and south yorkshire.

zoe

#12 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 10:03:29 pm
Well, im not really sure what to say. Tom loved life, enjoyed life and loved climbing. It was an honour knowing and being his friend. The days i spent with tom are and will remain very fond memories as i try to come to terms with his loss. He was a very unique person who never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Tom, i know you are smiling.  I shall miss you loads.

With Love,

zoe x

Danny

• junky
#13 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 10:41:37 pm
Tom was my climbing partner, housemate and dear friend.
He lived and breathed for climbing and was liked by all those who knew him.
I'll miss you, as will all the crew at No.11
I'll remember all the great days we had for as long as I live.
I love you man.

Dan.

Anyone that wishes to pay tribute to Tom can find flowers, messages and things dear to him (like the N.Wales bouldering guide :D ) below the Cromlech, also i'll try to get a decent picture of him online.

Pip

#14 Tom Revell
May 27, 2004, 11:14:33 pm
It is very sad news to hear of anyone in the climbing community's death, especially someone so young.

We send all our heart felt condolences to all those who knew Tom Revell.

From all the members of Aberystwth Mountaineering Club

fatmattbarlow

#15 Tom
May 28, 2004, 10:51:12 am
I love you and I miss you so much mate.
You were an amazing climber and an amazing friend.
Many happy memories of times spent together and not one single negative memory.
That is quite something, you were so positive and so thoughtful.
I can't describe the positive impact you have had on my life and the respect I have for you and the way you lived.
I can only say I am a better person for having known you.

Two pictures are online of Tom at
http://www.freewebs.com/tomrevell/

dave

#16 Tom Revell
May 28, 2004, 10:59:50 am
found a couple of pics last nite from last september:

great shame.

:rip:

Taxi

#17 Tom Revell
May 28, 2004, 12:27:08 pm
Tom was a great freind, a great person to climb with and a great person to live with.
He was the master of sarcasm and always made me feel i could climb things I might otherwise not have tried:)
You were always so freindly and laid back, you mede me look like a nervous wreck over exams.
You made people feel relaxed and you made people laugh:)
Bring the rukus mate:)
Love you and miss you always.
Claire xx

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#18 Tom Revell
May 28, 2004, 12:27:40 pm
I'm still in disbelief.

Tom was one of the best people I've ever climbed with. His enthusiasm was as infectious as his laugh. He would never have a bad word about anyone. He was as friendly as they come.

He is sorely missed.

Incase people haven't seen it... someone has put up a tribute to Tom:

http://www.freewebs.com/tomrevell/

Tom... we love you man. Take it easy.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#19 Tom Revell
May 28, 2004, 01:17:41 pm
DutchMasterKilla asked me to post this pic of Tom up:

jo

#20 Tom
May 28, 2004, 01:45:13 pm
I didn't know Tom that long in fact only a few months, what I do know is that Tom had a wonderful smile and when you talked to him it was so easy to see that Tom had a passion for life. Thank-you Tom for all our funny little chats.
Truly missed

Jo

Paul

#21 Tom
May 28, 2004, 01:58:11 pm
Well what can I say? You were an inspiration and a pleasure to know. I'm glad of the time we had together and I'm honoured to have been your friend.
Will miss you terribly. Take care mate.

jenny towill

#22 Tom Revell
May 28, 2004, 02:07:59 pm
Tom,

You're a star. Everything you did, from climbing high to dancing low, was done with a smile or a laugh that cannot be forgotten.

Love always

Jen

Rory

#23 Tom Revell
May 28, 2004, 02:39:46 pm
Toms attitude to life always seemed so simple... if there was fun to be had he would always be there. Tom will always be in hearts, and his memory will always remind us of all the good things there are in life. Tom managed to pack into his 21 years more than most manage in a life time and he has certainly made us realise how precious life is and how it must be lived to the full because it can so easily be taken from us...

Thankyou for all the beers we shared, the climbs we sent, the problems we cranked and all the laughs inbetween,

We'll Miss you

Thankyou to all of you who have contributed you kind words to this thread, they are much appreciated by his friends an family.

JohnM

• junky
#24 Tom Revell
May 28, 2004, 02:57:41 pm
Wednesday was the saddest day of my life. I lost a mate and climbing partner.  Tom would probably prefer it if I remember it as the day he finally did an E3 in the pass! He was a fine man and an excellent climber and will be sadly missed.

John.

P.s I'd like to thank everyone who helped me get down, especially Rob and Cat for looking after me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal