UKBouldering.com

Tom Revell (Read 21758 times)

fatmattbarlow

#25 Tom
May 28, 2004, 06:22:18 pm
A second page of photos has now been added to the tribute page.

http://www.freewebs.com/tomrevell2

We miss you mate.

Ross

#26 Tom Revell
May 31, 2004, 09:39:05 pm
Tom was a good lad and the kind of person that no one could ever forget meeting. Everyone will miss you mate.

Ross

Peter Marsden

#27 Tom Revell
May 31, 2004, 11:47:36 pm
I would like to say thank you to all the people who have sent love and condolences to Tom's family and friends. Tom was the boy friend of my youngest daughter, Jill, for the past four years. They would have been spending this weekend together after having been apart for several weeks during exams at uni. They travelled India and Nepal together and spent time trekking in Nepal when Tom climbed to Everest base camp. Tom's ready wit and natural grace befriended everyone who met him. He had the most beautiful smile and when he smiled the true beauty of his character shone through and he could light a room. Tom lived every second of his life to the full, he knew a deep and profound love, and he died doing the sport he loved as much as life. He is an inspiration for us all. We are better for having known him in our lives.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#28 Tom Revell
June 01, 2004, 09:56:11 pm
I tried to write something a couple of days ago, but couldn't find the words.

I never met Tom in the flesh, but we did share the same crags and the same forum on occasion. I was up the Pass yesterday and I couldn't help but cast my eyes across to the Cromlech and ponder how this bright young life had been snuffed out.

A real tragedy, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Rockman

#29 Tom Revell
June 01, 2004, 10:18:21 pm
Si, Im so glad someone else said that.

Having only met tom to say "hello" to in passing at the crags, I didnt really know what to say.

But like si, i have been in the pass over the last few days, and everytime i passed cromlech i had to stop and pause, and reflect on the loss of a young life.

My thoughts are with everyone who knew tom, and i'll be thinking of everyone on friday.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#30 Tom Revell
June 03, 2004, 06:21:48 pm
The Sheffield Star newspaper are doing a piece on Tom, as he was originally from Rotherham.

The photographers have okayed the use of the pics in this thread but they have also asked whether any friends of Tom's would feel happy about talking to them to pay tribute to him in the article.

Obviously,  I'm not going to contact any of you directly as I know only too well the immensely difficult and painful time you'll be going through right now, but if any of you reading this would like to say a few words, then please contact me and I'll put you in touch with the journalist concerned.

dawn

#31 Tom Revell
June 03, 2004, 07:45:59 pm
I went to Tom's school and college. What an amazing guy. So genuine and funny and laid back. I loved spending time with him because he always made me laugh. I remember on fancy dress day i dressed him in my clothes, he looked fab as a woman! We were always playfully taking the mick out of each other. Him and his 'ten men' walk, me and my unfortunate choice of school boyfriend and 'immoral' school skirts. He was so unique - he only cared about important things, not a bit interested in fashion or being popular, which invariably meant he was popular with everyone who ever met him. My thoughts have been with Gillian and his family ever since i heard the tragic news. I love you and I miss you Tom xxxxxx dawn

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#32 Tom Revell
June 05, 2004, 10:18:37 am
Zaf asked me to post this, as he was having trouble with his browser:

After attending the funeral for Tom on friday 4th June at Bangor, I was
greatly impressed and moved by the true feeling shown by Tom's friends at uni to his family and friends. The poetry read touched me deeply and thats hard to do. (Thanks for the copy of the poem RISKS0)

I and my friends travelled from South Yorkshire to bid farewell to a great
guy that we taught to scuba dive. Despite being terribly seasick each time
he dived you could put money on the size of his smile each time he
surfaced.

We will all miss him and remember him as we take our RISKS to try to enjoy life as much as he did.

Dutch Master Killa

• regular
#33 Tom Revell
June 05, 2004, 11:16:16 pm
Yesterday was an awesome farewell to an awesome guy!  I would just like to say good effort to all the guys that spoke at the funeral, i'm sure if i'd have been saying anything I would have gone to pieces!  I think the sheer numbers at the funeral spoke millions of words alone.

See you later mate- the memories will never leave!

Nigel and Judy Revell

#34 Tom Revell
June 07, 2004, 10:21:22 pm
As Tom's parents we would like to express our gratitude to all those who took the trouble to post a message and especially to those who attended Tom's funeral on Friday in Bangor.
We are proud of the impact that Tom had on those who met him.  We met many special friends and give our thanks to those who carried his coffin, spoke at the funeral or who helped us in many ways to organize his farewell.  We will miss him always.  Judy and Nigel Revell.

dave

#35 Tom Revell
June 14, 2004, 04:24:07 pm
did anyone seen/kept a copy of the star article if it got published? i'm away so ain't seen it.

LJ

• addict
#36 Tom Revell
June 14, 2004, 10:05:39 pm
I know that dutch got a few, think he has some left an all

Dutch Master Killa

• regular
#37 Tom Revell
June 15, 2004, 04:28:08 pm
Yep indeedy i do have a few copies of the star article.  I'll give a copy to r John so you can  av a look.

dave

#38 Tom Revell
June 15, 2004, 08:22:29 pm
word

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal