UKBouldering.com

Liver! (Read 4837 times)

fried

• forum hero
Liver!
January 25, 2012, 07:22:35 pm
I'm after some inspiration for liver recipes (lamb), I haven't eaten it for years but some friends have asked me to cook it for them. Unless I get some help it's liver and bacon, I'd even do a good recipe of that. Unfortunately I can't use bacon (or salt).

Any ideas foodies?

chris05

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Liver!
January 25, 2012, 07:43:25 pm
Saw this recipe the other day for Cauliflower and Lentil Daal with Tandoori Chicken Livers (can also be done with lamb): http://girlinterruptedeating.wordpress.com/

I have done the daal which was good

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: Liver!
January 25, 2012, 08:35:08 pm
Finely sliced, panfried with butter and sage.

moodyboy

#3 Re: Liver!
January 25, 2012, 08:38:35 pm
Hugh fearnly whats his name- Devilled Liver, you can also use kidneys. Highly recomended, although I replaced the fried bread with a toasted slab of sourdough.....

It can be found on google.

SpanishJuan

• obsessive maniac
  • two dumplings short of a stew
  • punter
#4 Re: Liver!
January 25, 2012, 09:08:49 pm
fried onion+garlic, liver tossed in flour then added then add black pudding followed by water/stock. cook in oven for a bit on the usual setting. done.

JohnM

• junky
#5 Re: Liver!
January 25, 2012, 10:45:01 pm
They serve a really nice middle eastern liver dish in a place called Kimos in Liverpool.  They call it Kebda but I can't seem to find the recipe online.  I think it is liver with fried onions and cumin seeds and possibly some coriander powder as well.

fried

• forum hero
#6 Re: Liver!
January 26, 2012, 07:24:19 am
Thanks everone, seems it's best to keep it simple. I'll try some soon.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#7 Re: Liver!
January 26, 2012, 08:52:39 am
I fry it with a light coating of flour with pepper and chilli flakes, hot pan and short cooking time.  Deglaze with red wine, and thicken- serve on polenta.  Very nice.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#8 Re: Liver!
January 26, 2012, 09:30:54 pm
The Spanish do higaditos del pollo cooked in cream and sherry. Had it few times at tapas restaurants and it's lovely. Not attempted to make it though.

fried

• forum hero
#9 Re: Liver!
February 02, 2012, 08:02:42 pm
Did a kind of fusion, thinly sliced coated in flour, fried with onions, garlic, coriander, cuminn, chilli. deglaze with some red wine. It was very nice, but even better was the heart the missus cooked up with it.

Apparently at the 'fete de mouton' where she comes from the only thing they dont eat is the hooves and horns.

She's promised me some lung next... it's going to be offal

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#10 Re: Liver!
February 02, 2012, 09:21:33 pm
"alla veneziana": cook finely cut onion in pan with olive oil and some butter, After a while add two spoons of vinegar and the liver, cut to slices. Cook for just 5 mins with strong flame then serve with some lemon. Simple and tasty.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#11 Re: Liver!
February 02, 2012, 11:25:08 pm
I fry it with a light coating of flour with pepper and chilli flakes, hot pan and short cooking time.  Deglaze with red wine, and thicken- serve on polenta.  Very nice.

wkd.. i agree with this one.

underground

• forum hero
#12 Re: Liver!
February 03, 2012, 01:14:09 am
"alla veneziana": cook finely cut onion in pan with olive oil and some butter, After a while add two spoons of vinegar and the liver, cut to slices. Cook for just 5 mins with strong flame then serve with some lemon. Simple and tasty.

Sounds perfect dude... on the menu this week  :2thumbsup:

underground

• forum hero
#13 Re: Liver!
February 03, 2012, 01:22:58 am
Saw this recipe the other day for Cauliflower and Lentil Daal with Tandoori Chicken Livers (can also be done with lamb): http://girlinterruptedeating.wordpress.com/

I have done the daal which was good

Did this last Friday, including the liver (lambs), which was really very rich so we didn't eat much of it. The dhal is very good!

I ate all the liver for Saturday breakfast.... absolutely delicious! But filled me to the brim..

Still felt full Sunday morning.... and not very good whilst out in the woods on my bike...

I'm still not sure I've had a proper shit and got back to normal. When the lady in Sainsbury's asks 'how much love?' I'd base the answer on 'how much does the dish require?' not 'that bit, that bit and that bit - how much?' - '44p' - fuck it, put the whole tray on - '1.78'

That's a SHITLOAD of lambs liver for anyone to be eating.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal