UKBouldering.com

[Peak][stanage][plantation][Coming Up For Air][8A] (Read 18090 times)

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
Direct start to Big Air.

Smear up the slab as high as possible then make an extremely large dyno for the jug on Big Air.

Really proud of this one, I've always looked at this when at the Plantation and wondered if it would go but I've never given it a go until yesterday. I've graded it compared to other dynos I have done in the UK and Fontainebleau, it's fucking miles and rather blind, Kim was stood on the boulder opposite and he was using the shadow of his arm to guide me towards the jug, brilliant.

I wish I would have got a video of it now, it's such a wild problem. Paul Mitchell was there taking photos so hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on them soon.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I wish I would have got a video of it now,
You suck! Would like to have seen that. Nice one. A line of 5'6ers queuing up for repeats no doubt ;)

a dense loner

• forum hero
nice one will.

obviously this would have been more impressive if you wasn't a 100 ft tall  ;)

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
nice one will.

obviously this would have been more impressive if you wasn't a 100 ft tall  ;)

Cheers, it is fucking miles!, even for me.............

a dense loner

• forum hero
i know i looked at it today, when i was lost. apparently the works is indoor. someone said you'd done it yesterday and i thought the crux for you would have been dropping down to the big pocket from the first move.

looks good with chalk on

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I wish you had got vid too. Get back there with the Outcrop Films team!

Effort.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Good work Will! You should try that project wall right of Golden Days at Black Rocks (the one Nalle H tries on that video) and the Wimberry Dyno.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Great effort champ!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Nice one Will - saw the chalk on it yesterday and had wondered what that was about...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Great stuff.

PATRuL

• menacing presence
As per usual Patrul has his finger on the pulse of Peak plodding and witnessed the launch, catch and snatch.
Mighty impressive - very happy to witness said ascentionists beaming smile and anti-gravity leaps....
Kim was claiming some dubious assistance and talk of a team ascent, though i suspect my presence on nearby crash pad, may well have tilted the balance in Will's favour .... however i feel the thing that really tipped the scales to success was the rather fine beard, as sported by one Stu Littlefair ... roll on the summer  :)

PATRuL

• menacing presence
PS  Will - my friend has a really awesome sequence of snaps he's at www.edgiles.com

andyh

• stalker
That's awesome! This should be in the news section.

I tried this briefly and fruitlessly years ago, and Pat spent a fair amount of time on it I think, instead settling for every other available line on the boulder.

Vaguely remember that someone of note (Jerry?) had declared it as impossible.

Congratulations :)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I think Jerry was trying a very direct line to the pocket, which probably is impossible

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Good work Will! You should try that project wall right of Golden Days at Black Rocks (the one Nalle H tries on that video)....

Nalle wasn't far off when he was trying it last year IIRC - should go if you are tall.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I have photos of Nalle hitting the hold on the Black Rocks dyno - well impressive.

Fine effort Will. That line has seen some big talents off in the past.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
Cheers everyone, I didn't realise it had seen so much attention before, I think it's been waiting for someone that little bit taller   :P

Is this Black Rocks project worth a look then?, what are the holds like that you're going from and to?, I've seen the video but it's hard to tell what the holds are like. And is it over once you've caught the hold?, looks quite high  :ohmy:

Cheers.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
It's certainly a classy line, I'd go as far as saying it's worthy of the LGP tag. Same height as Angel's Share etc. Perfectly flat earth landing. Good undercut flake and poor feet to good slot in break. From the break to the top looks hard but definitely a goer, I don't think many would begrudge you practicing that bit on a rope and/or placing gear if any fits.

nik at work

• forum hero
Nice one Will :2thumbsup:

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
Cheers John, I'm tempted to give The Ace a miss this Saturday and head up to Black Rocks, anyone keen?  :bounce:

leeroy

• forum abuser
id come and spectate/fall off mantel onto the velvet silence slab repeatedly, but after witnessing black rocks at the weekend i fear for my health. good effort on CUFA  :)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Be reet, all that time at Dumby, I dare you’ll be able to handle the local baboonary. If the proj doesn’t seem like a goer you can always get on some of Blacks Rocks’ many other leaping routes (I’m not trying to imply you’re a one trick pony here honest) – The Bounder, Caught Smiling, Devil in the Detail, Bad Motor Finger, Day at the Proms, DynoMight, Small Things…
I'd usually be keen for BR but have a proj elsewhere I want to get on.

SA Chris

• forum hero
PS  Will - my friend has a really awesome sequence of snaps he's at www.edgiles.com

Where exactly? Nothing on that site looks climberish - even the West Side Story bit refers to the West Bank.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I think he meant the guy's contact details are on the site not the pics of prob.

SA Chris

• forum hero
Ah. cocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal