UKBouldering.com

Freaky abdominal cramp!? (Read 2343 times)

Steph

Freaky abdominal cramp!?
June 05, 2011, 12:47:41 pm
This is creepy.  About 6 months ago I had been bouldering and was stretching my back out when it felt like somethng popped out between my ribs followed by the most intense cramping feeling. When I could finally stand up straight (after about 30 seconds) something 'clunked' back in and the pain instantly stopped.

I had the same thing recently at the climbing wall - Seems to be when I have been doing roofy / twisty problems and my back needs stretching out.

Has anyone had this before?  Any ideas what it is?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1 Re: Freaky abdominal cramp!?
June 05, 2011, 03:31:33 pm
I happen to have abdominal cramps sometimes, at the 2nd muscle from top, on my right side. it's like being stabbed: my muscle tightens up and I really have to stretch with my arms raised. the muscles pops out like having a stone under the skin.
cramps.
stretch and hydrate?

measles23

• stalker
#2 Re: Freaky abdominal cramp!?
June 05, 2011, 05:00:34 pm
it felt like somethng popped out between my ribs

Something a bit like this??

Neither of these problems sound that much like cramp..

Steph's sounds a bit like costrochondral dislocation, where the front tip of the rib subluxes or dislocates out from the cartilage

Nib's could be cramp, but if you're getting an obvious physical lump it makes you wonder if you might have a hernia - classic hernias are in the groin but you can get hernias where you describe - paraumbilical or spigelian hernias - henceforth to be known as the "beastmaker hernia" - the doctor prescribes a few less flashy frontlevers on the BM!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal