UKBouldering.com

[The Spray][V11/8A][Ormes - West Shore] (Read 9359 times)

ducko

• junky
sweet, either way its not been moved from where it was

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
I don't mind split grades (e.g. V11/8A),

Think you might be the only one, and of course you wont be giving yourself any lovely money for a guide will you.

Since when has a grading system defined the quality of a guidebook - I can think of numerous infinitely more important factors than whether you see V11, 8A or V11/8A next to a problem name.  ::)

BenF

• forum hero
You're not the only one Simon, I don't care if split grades are used (I prefer font grades and use them naturally, but if some people also like V grades, then have them both). 

My only demand is that the grades are well soft.   ;)

nodder

• obsessive maniac
Ugly clutterd urgghh

plus if I am the only one that thinks so I am the only one who is right

Doylo

• forum hero
I think we should go one way or the other. Put a grade comparison chart in the front for those who want to convert. Tis a waste of ink

BenF

• forum hero
I've changed my mind.   ::)

Such reasoned arguments now lead me to say, stick to font grades.  I would have said that normally, but for some reason was thinking earlier that if people feel strongly about it, put split grades in.  However I was being daft.  Both grades mean the same thing so just put one in, with Chris's stunningly innovative idea of a grade chart at the front to allow comparison. 

Most poeple I know move seamlessly between the two systems, even mid sentence, so its not like we don't understand both systems.  So putting both in would be a waste of ink and in these days of dwindling natural resources and planet destruction, we all need to do our bit.  Ground Up could lead the way in this often forgotten, yet key environmental issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal