UKBouldering.com

[The Spray][V11/8A][Ormes - West Shore] (Read 9392 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
[The Spray][V11/8A][Ormes - West Shore]
May 06, 2011, 10:13:31 am
If you wondered what Mule had been up to in recent times then here it is. 40+ problems and perhaps some hard routes to come too.

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=507

Doylo

• forum hero
Go mule :)

ziggytang

• addict
Wicked!!! I shall await patiently for a topo, and hopefully pick off any overlooked lines haha.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Psyched! Good effort all involved...

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Looks fantastic. Will be down soon!

Pantontino

• forum hero
Wicked!!! I shall await patiently for a topo, and hopefully pick off any overlooked lines haha.

From what I've seen Mule and Matt have picked of all the best lines. The only real area for potential (famous last words!) is on the red wall - some hard things to go on there.

Even without a topo I reckon you would suss it out very quickly; it's all pretty obvious.

ziggytang

• addict
Looking forward to checking it out, be good to have an alternative from getting spanked in the cave and pill box :)

Doylo

• forum hero
And breck road and normans wisdom and sea view  ;) not to mention badger cave  :dance1:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Or indeed ahem Pigeons Cave  :wave:

Pantontino

• forum hero
And breck road and normans wisdom and sea view  ;) not to mention badger cave  :dance1:

Let's hear it for Badger Cave  :great::

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=96

ziggytang

• addict
Never heard off this Badger Cave. Might have to check it out!! I'm still waiting for good conditions to go to sea view again...maybe I missed an opportunity before yesterdays rain.... :-\

Doylo

• forum hero
Little ormes alright too. Shame flashpoint is wet so often.if it was dry and on the road it would be polished by now.get it before the inevitable summer deluge. Mule and Matt both raved about a high v3 overhanging arete somewhere on the way down to the beach

ziggytang

• addict
Overhanging arete sounds good. Think I'll get down to sea view after the next dry spell as last time I went I was too weak to even consider pulling onto it. Hopefully have some joy on it if it's not a sandbag at V8 as that is definitely my limit at the mo......watch out for the "Flashpoint beta thread" in a few weeks haha

Doylo

• forum hero
Well it would have been v8+ before that went tits up ;).its solid 7b+.mr p whens the referendum on what grading system for the new guide? Bout time we went European :offtopic: if you ask me. Garth from v12 put a vid of sea view on YouTube.not sure what Its under

andy_e

• forum hero
Is it to be renamed 8a+outdoors?

ducko

• junky
and for me too be naive enough too think this area hadnt been climbed on yet.. ah well  :boohoo:

Doylo

• forum hero
Quality tag team at the end!

Pantontino

• forum hero
Well it would have been v8+ before that went tits up ;).its solid 7b+.mr p whens the referendum on what grading system for the new guide? Bout time we went European :offtopic: if you ask me. Garth from v12 put a vid of sea view on YouTube.not sure what Its under

I don't mind split grades (e.g. V11/8A), it's only when you have split/split grades that it looks ugly (e.g. V10/11/7C+/8A).

The end of that film is very amusing - if somebody tops that line out it should go in the next guide with 'one body point of aid'. I suppose you could just climb on someone's shoulders though?

ding dong

• addict
i like the bit where he goes to toe hook my balls and thinks better of it. 

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Good stuff.  I went down here about 12 years ago, but spent a fair while smoking rollies in the gunnies whilst it pissed it down.

Went for a look the other day also - slightly hindered by a 6 and 8 year old, but looks good.

ziggytang

• addict
Is there any more information available yet? Going to go and have a look tonight and would be good to know some problems to look out for.

Cheers.

nodder

• obsessive maniac
I don't mind split grades (e.g. V11/8A),

Think you might be the only one, and of course you wont be giving yourself any lovely money for a guide will you.

I went down here about 12 years ago

Well thats fucking useful all those days trolling round looking for areas and you forgot a good one... damm you.

Never heard off this Badger Cave. Might have to check it out!!

I wouldn't get too excited.

ducko

• junky
topo's needed for this area!
also today was down there found a red DMM mat if it belongs too anyone here?

Doylo

• forum hero
probably mules

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal