UKBouldering.com

'Consumed' - some climbers (Read 18239 times)

JR

• forum abuser
#25 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 10, 2004, 01:54:53 pm
use your cursor keys on all the menu's and youll find loads....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#26 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 10, 2004, 02:00:52 pm
Or just play the .vob files directly from explorer.

JR

• forum abuser
#27 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 10, 2004, 03:22:01 pm
well yeah...

mark

• forum abuser
#28 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 11, 2004, 06:27:52 pm
Got a copy a few days ago and have watched most of it a couple of times. Congratulations to Dan and all involved, it's great.

Okay, trainspotter time… Can anyone identify a couple of the routes in the intro for me?

The first is a steep, curving, quarried arete that's sandwiched between clips of The Mint 400? I'm pretty sure it's the right arete of the big slab underneath Froggatt with Third Burglar on it but I've no idea what the route is or how hard. Anyone?

Second is the quarried wall between clips of (I think) Slab and Crack) and Clippety Clop. Crossed-up jump for a jug. Looks great but I've no idea what it is.

Damn, I think this is going to inspire me to get my rope out again.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 11, 2004, 06:51:51 pm
Have you listened to the commentary? Pretty sure everything is described on there - change the audio track to track 2, and you'll be sorted  :D

mark

• forum abuser
#30 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 11, 2004, 06:59:58 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Have you listened to the commentary? Pretty sure everything is described on there - change the audio track to track 2, and you'll be sorted  :D

Ah ha! Hadn't spotted that there was a second audio track. Cheers.

mark

• forum abuser
#31 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 11, 2004, 07:05:53 pm
Quote from: "mark"

Ah ha! Hadn't spotted that there was a second audio track. Cheers.

Just checked and the first route I mentioned isn't named. The climber is identified as Iain Farrar, so I'm guessing the route is Dogs Die In Hot Cars. Can anyone confirm? Looks great.

nik at work

• forum hero
#32 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 11, 2004, 10:04:49 pm
I think (although I'm not sure as I don't have the DVD in front of me) that the 'route' in question is not Dogs Die (which is actually just left of the arete, or just right of turd burglar). It is actually a boulder problem (albeit highball and with a shocker landing) of Ians. I dunno what he called it (if anything at all) but I think he said the grade was font 7c. Although that might be wrong also. Shit I'm useless, but I am trying...

nik at work

• forum hero
#33 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 11, 2004, 10:06:26 pm
Oh yeah Ozbound is on that boulder also. But I have no idea where that fits in in the scheme of things. But hey ho....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#34 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 11, 2004, 10:09:50 pm
Quote from: "nik at work"
Shit I'm useless, but I am trying...

According to the DVD, you're a genius  :wink:  :)

Trevor N

#35 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 01:28:00 am
How do I get hold of a copy? Will it be in the shops?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#36 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 07:29:17 am
I'm not sure if there'll be any left now, and no, it won't be in the shops - are there any left Mr Doyle?

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#37 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 08:16:59 am
I'm not sure if there'll be any left now, and no, it won't be in the shops - are there any left Mr Doyle?

If thats the case, would any of the nice people out there who own it and have a DVD burner be kind enough to make me a copy...........

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#38 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 09:27:26 am
I got one through from Huffy earlier in the week but he did say last week there were one a couple left.

If the worst comes to the worst and you can't source one through Huffy or Chris. We've got a DVD burner at work, so I could probably fire off a copy. Drop me a PM if you are struggling.

mark

• forum abuser
#39 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 09:34:50 am
I think (although I'm not sure as I don't have the DVD in front of me) that the 'route' in question is not Dogs Die (which is actually just left of the arete, or just right of turd burglar). It is actually a boulder problem (albeit highball and with a shocker landing) of Ians. I dunno what he called it (if anything at all) but I think he said the grade was font 7c. Although that might be wrong also. Shit I'm useless, but I am trying...

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely go and have a look some time. Gorgeous looking arete.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#40 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 09:55:41 am
If somebody okayed it with Dan first then i'd happily do them a copy, but if the idea was a limited release only, then that'd be a out of order....

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#41 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 10:04:37 am
Indeed Bubba, I was just about to edit my message to that effect.

Doylo

• forum hero
#42 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 10:36:05 am

Dan might have some left. Huffy's the man really cos he lives with Dan, but i bet he's fed up of distributing the bleedin things!

nik at work

• forum hero
#43 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 12:26:45 pm
According to the DVD, you're a genius  :wink:  :)

:oops: Awww, you guys...

nik at work

• forum hero
#44 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 12:27:46 pm
Hey bubba just noticed, whats happened to my sheep? I just get the red cross of misery as my ahhhh-var-tar.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#45 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 12:38:09 pm
I think the genius comment was in reference to your slab problem at Rivelin, when it shows Tom De Gay running up it to avoid the moves....

Sorry Nik, I lost all the hosted avatars when I upgraded the board...if you still have the sheep, you can upload it from your profile...

nik at work

• forum hero
#46 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 12:43:22 pm
...and me shouting "yeah" out of shot - fame and all its associated riches at last......

Time to find a new piccie...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#47 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 04:05:59 pm
Quote from: "mark"

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely go and have a look some time. Gorgeous looking arete.

Iain never actually completed this project and so a project it remains. I have been sworn to secrecy about it for about four years now. However i guess the cat's out the bag now. Iain hasn't been on it for yonks so i reckon it's about time someone went and bagged what will be a total classic (sorry y'Iain). I've been on it and i think its more E7 than 7c, unless you bring about twenty pads and fill the trench in under the landing. Steadyish moves up the arete lead to a hard traverse section and a tricky pull-over. It seems a very conditions dependant thing and due to location rarely gets in good nick, which is part of the reason Iain hasn't bagged it. Go to it.

nik at work

• forum hero
#48 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 06:01:37 pm
Oooops, guess I fucked that up then. Ho-hum, sorry Ian...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#49 'Consumed' - some climbers
March 12, 2004, 06:24:54 pm
I shouldn't worry Nick, he's off enjoying himself in Castle hill at the mo so you won't be getting a brick thru the window for at least a month :lol:
 It's about time this cracking line got some attention anyway, at the very least it might get Iain out of semi-retirement to have another go.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal